It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Democrat's had the election and could have coasted to a win.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I do not find them childish but strategic. I think they are very, very dangerous for the USA because if one uses rhetoric like that which does destabilise the nation and delegitimise the federal state one better have very clear bipartisan proposals to fix the problem.

From the outside the wild variation of voting standards, mechanisms, and means in the USA for federal elections is almost incomprehensible. My view is that the States desperately need an overhaul of the way federal elections are conducted so that there is a unified method used in all states at the level of federal elections.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You know things are getting bad for Hillary when this is her campaign's BIG MEDIA RELEASE of the day....

"Signaling extraordinary confidence in Mrs. Clinton’s electoral position and a new determination to deliver a punishing message to Mr. Trump and Republicans about his racially tinged campaign, her aides said Monday that she would aggressively compete in Arizona."

Source: www.msn.com...

Hillary's going to ARIZONA! WHOOPIEEE!!! (After she's thoroughly rested, of course.)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

My view is that the States desperately need an overhaul of the way federal elections are conducted so that there is a unified method used in all states at the level of federal elections.

You may run into problems with the Constitution on that matter.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You know things are getting bad for Hillary when this is her campaign's BIG MEDIA RELEASE of the day....

Yeah. Actually, no.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

They were too busy surrendering this country and its people to the false song of globalism.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You are correct that in part Constitutional reform would be necessary, but, since those in the States seem happy to keep their system and enjoy denigrating the same system when it suits them, I do not have any expectation that such reform would be undertaken.

Each state proudly guards its rights under the Constitution, but the case of uniformity in the method and mechanism of federal elections seems so essential to me that I have a hard time imagining living under a system where in a federal election for president the presidential candidates do not have a method to qualify for standing on the ballot throughout the nation.
edit on 18/10/2016 by Kapriti because: clarity

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yeah. Well, us Yanks are funny that way.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust Yep They keep blaming Bush for all there troubles and all along it was the Democrats who caused the problem with the lies. The Democrats were the ruling party in Congress before the 2008 elections and all they do is lie and lie and lie blame it on others. Name anything for the people that benefits any one of us just more taxes. What has HRC done for NY when she was a Senator. Bring all those immigrants into out country and what happens. We got to pay more taxes to support then and more health care for them, more food for them on and on another Ponzi Tax Scheme is invented. HRC was pushing for Hillary Care when Bill was in office it didn't pass but Obama held Congress in session until Congress passed Obama Care without ever reading it. Trump did more since he started running for the WH. Trump won with out being endorsed winning in the true polls no media lies. Those who did support him are pulling there endorsement because they are scared he already won. Trump is not one of them, does not belong to the Secret Society's Not controlled by anyone used his own money. Well I see a MASS Exodus when Trump wins ASAP. Went to the flooding city's down south and sent tractor trailers all over full of food for them Trump is for ALM (all lives mater) group. Behind the media eye he went to stores loading up truck for the folks in need. But the Media is all democrat no one in the media showing the good in Trump But lies years ago. Bush must have sold the tape to HRC about Trump. That is an invasion of Privacy Act because of Private sector not Public.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. Well, us Yanks are funny that way.

Quel dommage.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

What do you think of this?

DONALD J. TRUMP’S FIVE-POINT PLAN FOR ETHICS REFORM

“It’s Time To Drain The Swamp In Washington, D.C. That’s Why I’m Proposing A Package Of Ethics Reforms To Make Our Government Honest Once Again.” - Donald J. Trump

First: I am going to re-institute a 5-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government for 5 years after they leave government service. I am going to ask Congress to pass this ban into law so that it cannot be lifted by executive order.

Second: I am going to ask Congress to institute its own 5-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.

Third: I am going to expand the definition of lobbyist so we close all the loopholes that former government officials use by labeling themselves consultants and advisors when we all know they are lobbyists.

Fourth: I am going to issue a lifetime ban against senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

Fifth: I am going to ask Congress to pass a campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections.

Not only will we end our government corruption, but we will end the economic stagnation.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Sounds great.
Problem. Trump is likely to discover that the current Congress and any conceivable future Congress (mid term) are not the sort of "employees" he is used to dealing with. He's used to getting his own way.

edit on 10/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You don't suppose the Wikileaks and mass exposure of the MSM will hurt the party at all? Should they win (looking likely from my perspective), the spotlight will still be all over this after the elections.

No, it won't hurt the party.

I don't suppose Hillary will run for a second term, but the party is fine.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

You're probably right, but at the very least, that debate can be had.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Someone has to introduce the bill. The President cannot do that. He would have to convince someone to do it.

Maybe he could do so. I'm not sure.

See, that's one problem with Trump. He doesn't really seem to understand the system. Some people think that's a plus.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sounds great.
Problem. Trump is likely to discover that the current Congress and any conceivable future Congress (mid term) are not the sort of "employees" he is used to dealing with. He's used to getting his own way.

Trump could always turn to using Executive Orders in the manner that President Obama has used them. And he could approach those questions in part as internal policy in the Executive branch governing his presidency as other presidents have done. That said given his psychological profile he will indeed use every method and means to get his own way, and his supporters will expect him to do nothing less.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm excited and happy to see the debate between members here not closed off by partisan thinking.
Because the issue of corruption within our government shouldn't be a partisan debate.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

That is coasting to a win. Winning on policy is the hard win.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Crap...never mind. I misread the whole thing.

Trump could always turn to using Executive Orders in the manner that President Obama has used them.

Let's look at that for a moment. He can issue an Order regarding executive branch policy. Yes. But here is what he said:

First: I am going to re-institute a 5-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government for 5 years after they leave government service.

Right? He said that, right?

What does that even mean? Ban all executive branch officials from lobbying the government? Officials are not lobbyists. Officials do not lobby the government. He's going to ban the government from lobbying the government?

Crap...never mind. I misread the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Nah, don't make stuff up. The Democrats are totally coasting in for their landslide victory. "President Hillary Clinton" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Previous US Presidents have had bans on their officials becoming lobbyists after their time in the Executive Branch came to a close. I do not believe this is a matter of new law but of powers the President has regarding the operation of the Executive Branch. There was an early Obama E.O. that removed any ban for such employment after serving in the Executive Branch. I freely admit this is far outside my knowledge base and welcome correction.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join