It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to determine the origin of random thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'll make this post very short and sweet as it be my first post in a long while after some re-assessing. The origin of random thought and vived imagery when there is no physical or emotional stimulus, where does it come from ? I will elaborate as questions and answers are delivered.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abavs
I'll make this post very short and sweet as it be my first post in a long while after some re-assessing. The origin of random thought and vived imagery when there is no physical or emotional stimulus, where does it come from ? I will elaborate as questions and answers are delivered.

Brainwaves, baby! Thoughts being electro-chemical in nature, and firing along neural pathways and jumping synapses, might just transmit and get picked up by the neurons of another person's brain occasionally. Or maybe it happens quite often, but is not always consciously perceived by the receiving brain. Maybe there's a whole stream of brain signals drifting like radio signals in the atmosphere, and when you understand some new knowledge you never asked for, you just happened to be 'standing under' that 'know ledge.'

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, they can only come from one of two places.
The inside or the outside.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Think of how a computer works. It temporarily stores data in the ram before it's written to the HDD, or if it need's to access it quickly/use it often, right?

Even when that data is cleared, It isnt actually cleared, It's just marked to be overwritten with new temporary data. The brain has a lot of ram, Much for than your basic 32gb's in your desktop. That's a lot of data to be overwritten, so it remains active until it does.

So maby random thought is just that uncleared data that's being skipped over.

i'm completely pulling this out of my butt but it seems like a possibility.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Trying to determine the origin of random thoughts.

I would strongly question the notion of 'random' anything, much less 'thought'!
All 'thought' has the same 'origin', it is the same 'origin' as everything else.

When completely examined to it's ultimate 'substance', whether flounder or the sun or dreams.. or all 'thought', everything, ever, is 'perceived' by unique Perspectives from quantum information waves, 'undifferentiated potential'!
We peer into 'undifferentiated potential' with our very limited Perspectives and 'perceive' the Universe/Self!
Whether rocks or thoughts, all are perceived.
We don't manufacture and/or store 'thoughts' in that wet lump of meat rattling around in our skulls!

"It is not the eye that perceives light and color, nor the ear that perceives sound, nor the brain that perceives thought!" - Book of Fudd

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

What about the construction of faces, places, and even hypothetically speaking forces and beings from other realms and places. Does the mind have the ability to construct a thaught randomly ? I know sometimes when i quiet my mind i"ll randomly I'll begin to replay experiences from 25 to 30 years ago in purfect lucid detail. Then other times ill find my self drifting to a place i have never been an encounting beings i have never met. So i think here we have 2 channels we need to look at and debate. The origion of pre construction and the origion of hypothetical imagination ?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

What about the construction of faces, places, and even hypothetically speaking forces and beings from other realms and places.

It's all Mind!
Faces are made of cells => atoms => subatomic particles => energy => ultimately, like 'thought'; information waves.

Does the mind have the ability to construct a thaught randomly ?

The Mind doesn't construct thoughts, the Mind IS 'thought'. We merely all see the same One thought from unique Perspectives, giving the appearance of many thoughts.

I know sometimes when i quiet my mind i"ll randomly I'll begin to replay experiences from 25 to 30 years ago in purfect lucid detail. Then other times ill find my self drifting to a place i have never been an encounting beings i have never met. So i think here we have 2 channels we need to look at and debate.

I encounter beings whom I have never met every day in the grocery store!
The origin of them, or the unicorn in my mind or memories of unicorns, all originate the same 'place'.
And never actually 'change' from there!

The origion of pre construction and the origion of hypothetical imagination ?

It's all the same.
The 'origin' and existence of anything/everything, is Consciousness. 'undifferentiated potential'!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Thankyou

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Thankyou

Namaste' *__-

join