It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not looking foward to the next NZ election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
There isnt one political party I like in NZ . The current Government are morons one of the few good things they have done is the civil union bill. The government dose what is popular not what is best. Labour is spose to look after the people you dont suppose the six billon dollar surplus there sitting on would help?

As for the other major party National appear to be living on another plant. They seem to want to make life harder for low income people. Dosnt matter who you vote for you will be struck with a student loan ,free enterprise will be strangled and we will have to live with Big government.
relvant article

NZ has been wrecked in the last 10 -15 years.
Whats needed?
Raise the min wage to $12 per hour.
Dont tax small business in the first year.
Get rid of the GST,petrol tax and other taxs that increase the price of goods.
Dont taxs people retirement funds so they have a chance of saving a retirement fund.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You see, if you had assault weapons you could control your government.

Just kidding bro!!!!!

Just thinking about our discussions on another thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
You see, if you had assault weapons you could control your government.

Just kidding bro!!!!!

Just thinking about our discussions on another thread.

Mate I dont think assuault weapons would be sufficent to deal with the current government if we go down that road nukes are in order.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
. The government dose what is popular not what is best.

- I can't say I know much about NZ politics there (I have some in-laws living there but we are not close) but it seems from what you are saying that you have a government actually responsive to the wishes of the majority of the people and you think that is bad!?

Wow, consider the alternative approach!

(I realise sometimes governments have to take unpopular decisions and that a gov which always shirks this responsibility isn't doing it's job right - but then again so many crappy govs use this fact as a 'pass' for many horrible policies - but surely that kind of thing quickly catches up with a truely bad gov.

How do you imagine them to be so bad?)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well the current government dose what is political corret take a look at the way they are handling education the NCEA is a disater.

A government inquiry has been launched in to why thousands of the country's brightest students didn't win scholarships in last year's NCEA exams.

Associate Education Minister David Benson-Pope told Parliament on Tuesday that he had asked the State Services Commission to review the performance of the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).

A group of educational experts will also review and provide remedies to any deficiencies in the scholarship system.

The group will have two weeks to prepare a report and recommendations that will be taken to cabinet.

Benson-Pope says two weeks is not a lot of time but teachers and students need to know the shape of the exams at the end of this year. He says the priority of that review will be finding out what went wrong with the 2004 scholarship exams.
Full story

The government is trying to address so called "skill shortages" by funding the llikes of polytech will post a link when If find one its a case of the government giving money away blindly..

top topics

join