It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protectors of this realm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A man with a white collar said at the dinner table;" If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

The words come from bible and to be exact,;" Corinthians 13:2 "

You can all the knowledge in the world but without love, it will not mean anything in the end. I believe he meant you are going down a path which might be bad. I never asked mostly cause the dinner table topic was the allegories and symbolism of the Holy Bible..

Even a Gypsy once narrated these words;" Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.... " ~ Charlie Chaplin

I think the same story repeats itself with humanity, but i have hope and faith we can change.. I believe our goal in this world is to be the protector of this realm, not only our own.. But the protector of the Land, Sea and Air without being the fire, cause as it is of now.. All we ever achieved was to ignite another fire..

edit on 20161017 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Love- English definition -
1. an intense feeling of deep affection.
2. a person or thing that one loves.

Love- Greek definitions
Eros - which is sexual passion.
Philia - which is a deep friendship.
Ludus - which is a playful love (like between young children). A love of friends having a good time.
Agape - which is a selfless love. A love that gives but doesn't expect return.
Pragma - which is a long standing love (most long-married relationships lose the sexual and 'emotional high' loves and turn into a pragmatic love).
Philautia - which is love of your self.

And I do feel that we are hampered by a culture that cannot even unambiguously describe a primary human emotion. It trivializes so much - Einstein

The fact that the English language only has one word for love but in there is so much more meaning.
thought I would share this...im new by the way hello!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaerlar

Thank you for the input, appreciated!!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I remember a tutor once said;" agape is the finest reward in itself " something like that, i forgot the word until today when you reminded me of its meaning..

" You wont remember a face, nor a voice, maybe you will remember a song once in a while.. But something you will always remember is how someone made you feel "

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think it's a nice dream, but I think that's all that it is. Mankind's selfishness, greed, lusts...will always win out in the end because those are the prime motivating factors; call it human nature. Love is not motivating, but fleeting. Just listen to any love song and you hear about the highs and the lows, but no one talks about the journey. Why? Because it's not just hard, it's obfuscated by circumstance, expectation, and our lack of perspective.

I love this quote: "You can either choose the right path or the easy one". It's one of those simple wisdoms that has an incredible scope. Mankind doesn't want to have to work for its freedom or individuality, so only those consumed by the base motivators, are in a position of power. Why does it take a tragedy to bring people together? Because we're too lazy and self-absorbed to care about each other when we don't "have" to. 99% of Mankind relishes complacency and the remaining 1% rules it. It is how it will always be; there is nothing new under the sun.

It's fun to think about change and have hope that humanity will overcome its stupidity, but the fact of the matter is, it can't. At least not without metanoia - a fundamental change to all of mankind.
edit on 18-10-2016 by Aedaeum because: words

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

I don't think that it "wins out" but to be rid of it would be fundamentally impossible.
neither the "good" or the "bad" ever wins out in the end they just happen cause and effect.

These people in power may or may not be content with their own life how it is depending on how they got there but I think it go's without saying that taking the "right path" the harder path will lead to the greater outcome within yourself.
And that right path doesn't have to be between good and evil but simple things like finishing the work you have in front of you when you get it as opposed to procrastinating until the last moment. If you finish it right away you wont have the stress you would have as you waited

For the most part I agree with you except that humanity isn't going to change fundamentally anyhow because of the obvious fact that you cant have black without white, selfishness without selflessness

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

A tutor? What did he/she teach?

You wont remember a face, nor a voice, maybe you will remember a song once in a while. But something you will always remember is how someone made you feel

That is an interesting saying where is it from?
I like to collect such writing as quotes and poems... so that I can think them over later

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I was taught spirituality, i was lacking a soul.. So the easiest way was to place a spiritual animal instead of a human soul..

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Interesting...never heard of that being done before...of course I am on the borderline of believing in the existence of souls to begin with so that may explain it...I will add this to my collection of confused knowledge thank you

new topics

top topics

join