It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump isn't the problem, voters are.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage , I have Often Wondered if you are Really a " Free Thinker " , or an Obvious Slave to One Ideology . I have a Feeling you are a " Free Thinker " , but you have to for some Reason , give the Impression that you Toe a Imaginal Line .

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
sorry guys.

they are taking the tablet out of the barn.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

to be honest, i've never registered to vote so i didn't know anything about that.

Fine.
Just sit back and bitch about it then. Your privilege.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: In4ormant
I'm really busy making bullet points of Hillarys' corruption from all these emails they keep releasing. Can someone gimme the cliff notes version of the OP.

Back to work

The voters are the problem. The OP seems to think it would be better if we either had some kind of poll tax test, or just plain never let anyone vote or removed all the deplorable voters.

I don't think or support any of those things. My point is WE, all of us are to blame for the state of the government. WE put those people in power and so few will take any responsibility for it. They just deflect that to the politicians.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: defiythelie

A great thread here my friend. You did a great job putting the ironies out there. Congrats and thank you.

I didn't realize 'ironies' was another term for 'false equivalencies and distortions'

If so, yeah good thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

originally posted by: In4ormant
I'm really busy making bullet points of Hillarys' corruption from all these emails they keep releasing. Can someone gimme the cliff notes version of the OP.

Back to work

The voters are the problem. The OP seems to think it would be better if we either had some kind of poll tax test, or just plain never let anyone vote or removed all the deplorable voters.

I don't think or support any of those things. My point is WE, all of us are to blame for the state of the government. WE put those people in power and so few will take any responsibility for it. They just deflect that to the politicians.

Please read your own OP. Is it fair and reasonable to think that anyone reading what your wrote would consider you a die-hard Hillary supporter (and/or died in the wool Democrat)? You used a wall of text to bash Trump and by extension anyone that would consider voting for him, yet now you want to say it is "all of us" when clearly you were stating it is the roughly 1/2 of people that are voting for Trump?

If not Trump voters (or perhaps anyone that doesn't vote the way you THINK they should)... then whom exactly were you railing against?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You know what would be truly interesting? If we could cast two votes: 1 yes and 1 no confidence. I know there would be a number of people who would simply slap yes on their preferred and no confidence on the one they don't want, but I wouldn't necessarily. There are a few Democrats who aren't that bad although in the recent era of party unity, the ones who wouldn't otherwise be all that bad still toe the line which effectively makes them that bad.

You should read about Runoff Voting (alternative voting). It would fix the two-party problem because it lets you vote for multiple candidates in order of your preference. It would allow people to truly vote for the candidate of their choice without being forced into voting for the "lesser of two evils". If you don't believe in a candidate at all, then you would omit them from your list.

This will never be adopted, but it should.

edit on 17-10-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

A Lot of Palm Slapping the Forehead in this Thread I See . This is the Life we Choose .........

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

to be honest, i've never registered to vote so i didn't know anything about that.

Fine.
Just sit back and bitch about it then. Your privilege.

gee phage,
i was pointing at a squishy and you expect me to step into it anyways?
everything being voted upon has a direct contradiction to what they want passed as law.

how about them articles of confederation that became opposite and renamed constitution?

are we so much the better for it?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

If Trump wins, the election is legitimate and the people have SPOKEN. If Hillary wins, it must be RIGGED.

hillary has the riggers on her side. so that arguement makes no sense. how could trump even rig the election? does he own the election machines? nope. but soros does.

Donald Trump is accused of forcing himself on over ten women. STICK TO THE ISSUES. Bill Clinton accused of misconduct by four women. His wife should be disqualified from office and imprisoned.

acused is the key word. and those accusations are pretty freakin thin. the accusations against bill are not. and hillary has a long history of protecting rapists including her husband. so another terrible argument.

Hillary oversaw the Department of State while four people died in an embassy attack. JAIL HER. Two Republicans were in office while over 200 people died in embassy attacks. No problem.

whats that have to do with trump? youre just changing the argument to suit your agenda now.

Immigrants don't pay taxes. Round them up and kick them out. Trump doesn't pay taxes. He's a business genius.

never said to round them up and kick them out. he actually wants to grant them citizen ship and assimilate them while securing the borders so we dont have even more illeegals pouring into the country at the expense of the people that already live here. and he did pay taxes. you got your "facts" wrong. he didnt pay alot of federal taxes. ya know, the taxes that go to funding the war machine.

hillary is also tied to murder, rape, child trafficking, and soooo much more. and she wants to start a war with russia. but yeah shes the better candidate.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join