It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

BBC Unbiased reporting - Paxman, Trump v Clinton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Evening all

Just sat through a programme on BBC1 tonight (21:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs) entitled Paxman - Trump v Clinton, written and narrated by Jeremy Paxman, a well known political journalist in this part of the world.

Did anyone else see it? Now, as far as i'm aware, the BBC are supposed to be unbiased, their remit is to give both sides of the story.

A 1 hour programme tonight consisted of 55 minutes of Trump bashing with Clinton being mentioned, perhaps for 5 minutes of the whole 60 minute programme, with the conclusion that poor old Hillary is carrying, in 2016, the Clinton Baggage!! no further detail explained, just baggage.

Dear BBC and Jeremy ....... why did you not entitle the programme "Trump is a twat and here are my reasons why"

Biased much ........ ffs, that is the most one sided programme i have seen in my life in regard to the title, no way was that "anything" v Clinton but purely Trump hating and ridiculing, not that it's any of our business.

Hopefully the programme will pop up on youtube soon so that i can share, for those in the UK who have not seen may i suggest BBC IPlayer

If that was unbiased reporting I am the Pope, unless i have missed something (like sarcasm) in the original title

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I saw it, the critique of Trump was valid I suppose but as you said it was incredibly one sided.

Would def recommend the new Adam Curtis documentary over this vapid entertainment piece disguised as some form of insightful political commentary. Curtis is still the most and possibly only subversive film maker at bbc

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

I saw it, the critique of Trump was valid I suppose but as you said it was incredibly one sided.

Would def recommend the new Adam Curtis documentary over this vapid entertainment piece disguised as some form of insightful political commentary. Curtis is still the most and possibly only subversive film maker at bbc

Will look that one up for review, thanks MC2015

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

This is the way all media is operating this election.

Our elections are fixed and now they don't even hide it from us.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just watched it. Yes it was one sided. Paxman demonised the trump campaign. Paxos on again right now doing 'The Victorians.' There is no escape

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is the way all media is operating this election.

Our elections are fixed and now they don't even hide it from us.

Agreed, but here in the UK, its not our election, obviously here on ATS i am party to all angles and can take it or leave it .... i am seeing Trump bashing because of hot mic comments etc but .... i am also seeing wiki revelations about Clinton.

The Clinton Wikileaks are completely being ignored / not reported on MSM in the UK, so, when i see a programme like this, presented on the BBC tonight, it makes my blood boil! give both sides, not just one side / opinion

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I saw it advertised YAWNED than watched something else unbiased my arse ! 👍

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I saw it advertised YAWNED than watched something else unbiased my arse ! 👍

LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's ironic that we pay for our own brainwashing via the licence fee.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

It's ironic that we pay for our own brainwashing via the licence fee.

too true, never thought of that

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I don't pay for the brainwashing. Just don't watch the corrupt BBC. Or Mainstream news for that matter.

It's a civil matter, so if they come to your door. Film them and tell them they aren't allowed to enter your property and there is absolutey nothing they can do about it.

It's just like getting parking tickets from private companies, sending their letters enforcing their "fines". If you don't play the game there is nothing they can do.

Don't give them your name, don't answer any of their questions. Sorted.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm half way through watching this and you're right so far that it's mostly about Trump but it's certainly not all negative.
It seems so far like an education video for the establishment, to show them why people are supporting Trump.

I think the lady at around 17.40 in hits the nail on the head. Love her comment about Hillary wants Power, while Trump wants Popularity, so he would more likely implement good policies for the people.

I will report more after watching the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Its the BBC balanced programming showing a multitude of aspects and nuance is so last century.

They have plunged head first into the identity politics misdirection, partly I feel to get away from the lasting issues of class in the UK and the growing gap between the haves and the have nots. Which is increasingly ignored. Its the haves trying to claim a moral high horse over the poor and disenfranchised who are further marginalised.

The BBC is only interested now in the interests of the elitist and snip the hoi polloi, while perversely reframing the actuality to escape the truth, the class divide is reemerging and growing faster now than in the last 60 years.

The activists in the labour party these day's are decreasingly coming from low income background and the disenfranchised, they have bracketed both sides of the discourse, and perverted everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

BBC unbiased reporting???

Now there is an oxymoron if ever there was one!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Some of us still refuse to entertain the extortion racket that is the Television Licence!

Just don't let them in or answer there correspondence and they are powerless regarding enforcing there draconian scheme.
edit on 17-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

The activists in the labour party these day's are decreasingly coming from low income background and the disenfranchised, they have bracketed both sides of the discourse, and perverted everything.

Agreed
what can be done though? same situation we find ourselves in as our cousins across the Pond, hey, a couple of quid will get you a vote in the Labour Party, no questions asked

Money huh? i'm surprised i still pay my Union Dues!!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

BBC unbiased reporting???

Now there is an oxymoron if ever there was one!

LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The BBC has always been part of the establishment, and nowadays that means political correctness.
Of course they will be hostile to Brexit, worried about Climate Change, and more indignant about the language used by Trump than about any misbehaviour on the left.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've got a complaint on going with the BBC about their biased presentation of the US election.

Provided them a massive amount of information in regards to CNN, Fox News etc and its clear their article writers are on one side.

Im guessing the issue is they are at the mercy of their reports and its causing issues to them being impartial.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What can you do when the powerful are shielded and held up by those that support the status quo, and Academia and the Media with political encouragement have diverted and taken control of any viable opposition?

No easy answers, that don't come at horrible personal cost and high chance of utter failure.

So think like a magician

top topics

<<   2 >>

join