It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Records Video Telling Son: "Mommy died last night."

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The child is 8 years old, one of his parents just died. He only has one left, of course he is going to say it's ok to put the video online. He doesn't want to lose the other parent as well. He is going to do anything at all to please the father so he doesn't leave him as well.

The father is selfish who has zero respect from me. You and he can paint it any way you want. He did it for himself and no one else.

He could have wrote an open letter to Facebook, not put a video up of him telling his child his mother died. It would have accomplished the same message, without sensationalizing himself.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Can't believe he had time, in his own mind, to make a FB warning video, of his son, the day after Mummy dies.
?

Also had time to get a new girlfriend that day
New Girlfriend

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lice000

Ugh. Maybe I'm quick to judge, but my mind's made up about this guy. I think he's milking this for all the attention he can get. At the expense of his son.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The only thing that would have made it better is if he yelled cut at the end.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm not going to correct anyones perception of this video or the article. Everyone here is an adult who is entitled to their own opinion of the video and the issues surrounding it. If people don't read the accompanying article, that's their choice.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
I'm pretty sure the guy is trying to send a message to other heroin addict parents.

Guys gotta start using your brains more around here.

Yea and he did it by taking probably the most traumatic event his son has ever gone through and subjecting him to it over and over again.

The world will look at it, the social media grief whores will have 5 minutes of collective outrage then promptly forget about it. Meanwhile the boy won't be allowed to move on with the loss of his mum.

Well done...
edit on 17 10 2016 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

The world has looked at it. It's gone viral. It's been in the news. Everyone at this kid's school has seen it. According to the father, it has torn their family apart and most have disowned him. He may not have meant for it to blow up this big, but it just wasn't a good decision. You should always assume that anything you put on a public Facebook page will be seen and critiqued by EVERYONE on the planet. Hopefully, the child's schoolmates won't be mean or give him a hard time about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

Got it. You know that father's heart and mind better than he does... as well as the child.

That child is learning some very valuable lessons the hard way. Including the fact that others will tell him what he [i[really thinks and believes and how to grieve... But that child is also learning to face reality head on, and deal with it. He's learning that appearances aren't everything, and that there are bigger and more important issues than what someone else might think of him in his grief. He's also learning that there's some big problems in this world, and that he can use his experience for the betterment of others (as well as himself). That child is learning -- through his father's experience and example -- that we're all human, we all make mistakes, but when we confront our own mistakes honestly and directly, that we can learn and grow and do better. And most of all, I hope and pray that he's learning to stand up to the haters, because no matter what we do there will always be someone to whine and complain about it and think they know better...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: PaddyInf

The world has looked at it. It's gone viral. It's been in the news. Everyone at this kid's school has seen it. According to the father, it has torn their family apart and most have disowned him. He may not have meant for it to blow up this big, but it just wasn't a good decision. You should always assume that anything you put on a public Facebook page will be seen and critiqued by EVERYONE on the planet. Hopefully, the child's schoolmates won't be mean or give him a hard time about it.

It's ok. He will have the money he makes from it to see him through. Sigh.

Sometimes I hate what social media has turned people into. From teenage girls all aspiring to be YouTube "celebs", to idiot "pranksters"betc... This is as bad as it gets though.m

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Frankly, the double standard at play appalls me.

We can watch the effects of bullets and bombs we paid for, and the people we paid to wield those things in an attempt to destabilize a region of the world, but God forbid we see a little boy cry because his mother self terminated by accident... the wires got crossed somewhere, for a dead certainty.

The American way. Its not our fault, the censors have made our minds up for us.

Sometimes that is glaring alright. Brighter than the brightest big screen TV.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I see wacked out crackheads daily. Women selling themselves. Sleeping in alleys. Living in filth. You don't need to see some kids heart crushed to know drugs are a dead end or know it affects innocent family members like children.

Should have said, "I" don't need to see it.

I need to see everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

So the guy tells the kid what a bad deal hair-on all the while smoking a ciggie? Not only posting this for all the world to see but doing it in front of "common passersby" or are they 'court appointed'?

If'n You're going to point fingers better make sure the tobacco stains are off...

Smoke 'em if You got them, nothing wrong with that. Prior to the untimely death of the decedent, what had a better chance of happening, second-hand smoke exposure or the kid ingesting heroin?

Stay Hydrated...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join