It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Records Video Telling Son: "Mommy died last night."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
From CNN

(CNN)It's news no parent wants to break to a child. Brenden Clark had to tell his 8-year-old son Cameron his mother had died from a drug overdose the night before. He recorded the moment, and posted it to his Facebook page -- as a cautionary tale, he says. A week later, the video has over 34 million views. Sitting at a picnic table in northeastern Ohio, Clark told the boy there's something he needed to hear. "Mommy died last night." Cameron appeared shocked, prompting his father to repeat it several times. "What do you mean? My mom? How?" the boy asked. "From drugs," Clark replied. The boy broke down in tears, falling into his grandmother's arms.

I don't know how to feel about this; but it could be a very powerful image for the millions who are affected by drug addiction.

The child's face is blanked out, but many in his local area could identify him by seeing his father. Edit to add: the child's face was blanked out on the CNN clip, but does not appear to be in this video clip from YouTube.

Lots of you will probably seen this on Facebook all ready. I don't have FB, so I'm sharing mostly for those other members who don't. Maybe we can leave politics behind for a thread and have a discussion about how hard drugs like heroin affect our communities.

edit on 17-10-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Why can't people do anything in private anymore. Why does it always have to be their own little TV show. Really wish they would stop using their children for their little moments of fame as well, it is sickening. Everyone knows drugs kill by now, this video is pointless.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I don't agree with his father filming this and posting it to Facebook. His son won't thank him for it in the future. The pain he felt in those moments will always be there magnified for him.

People will be reminding him of this his entire life. "Aren't you that kid in the video?"

I didn't and never will watch that video. I don't want to feel the boy's pain. It's horribe, and i think his Dad will regret it.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

this is messed up... I think it was poor judgment by the father to share this everywhere on the internet - now if his son wants it taken down, he doesn't have that option. It's out there for good.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

I agree. This poor boy is being filmed reacting to an extremely personal moment, with no say in the matter.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck
Why can't people do anything in private anymore. Why does it always have to be their own little TV show. Really wish they would stop using their children for their little moments of fame as well, it is sickening. Everyone knows drugs kill by now, this video is pointless.

+100

I witnessed my uncle tell my little cousin his mother died. He was only 9 at the time. Worst feeling ever. Not something that needs to be broadcasted on facebook.

People have no sense of privacy anymore.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I find this to be sick. This is our society now and it's depressing.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes the world 🌎
Has gone into ,retard overdrive .

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Regardless, he did it, its on the internet forever now. Hopefully other drug addicts who are struggling to overcome it, will see this and realize they have something to live for. I couldn't imagine my son ever having to go through that. I couldn't imagine ever leaving him behind because of drugs of all things. He made the video and posted it for a reason, it was his decision for his family.

I just hope this reaches the hearts of the people it was meant for and they go and seek the help they and their children need.

God it just hurts so badly to even watch this video, it feels like my heart and soul are being ripped out of my chest.

-Alee
edit on 10/17/2016 by NerdGoddess because: spelling

link   

That is horrific.

But I think that if we are still at the point where the effects need discussion, then we have somehow lost the ability to act on things we know, to a degree that previous generations cannot even remotely equal.

We know now, and have known for many decades, that hard drugs like Heroin and others have no legitimate purpose, that there is no reason to use them, no reason to experiment with them, since the risks outweigh any potential enjoyment a person could possibly get out of them. These types of drugs destroy families, take lives away who should have remained. This little boy in your video there, he was a great reason for his mother to never touch hard drugs. That reasoning was ignored, and some will say that if I have never been where she was when she took the batch that killed her, how can I know whether ignoring that child in favour of a hit was a good idea at the time? Well I say BULL. Don't get me wrong, I am no saint. But I am not going to be dropping dead from engaging in my vices any time soon either.

Use of drugs like these is fundamentally stupid. It has taken from us rock stars, actors, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters of this world, who should have had a chance to be with their families a damned sight longer than they got. And all for a temporary chemical high. No good vibe is worth risking that much for, no matter how good it is. It is proof of insanity to want to try it at all, leave alone do it more than once.

link   
If some other mother addicted to drugs with kids sees this and it inspires her to quit, then its worth it. You could ask her kids years from now if they were glad she saw this, but I already know their answer.

Remaining silent about drug abuse isn't going to help anything.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
From CNN

(CNN)It's news no parent wants to break to a child. Brenden Clark had to tell his 8-year-old son Cameron his mother had died from a drug overdose the night before. He recorded the moment, and posted it to his Facebook page -- as a cautionary tale, he says. A week later, the video has over 34 million views. Sitting at a picnic table in northeastern Ohio, Clark told the boy there's something he needed to hear. "Mommy died last night." Cameron appeared shocked, prompting his father to repeat it several times. "What do you mean? My mom? How?" the boy asked. "From drugs," Clark replied. The boy broke down in tears, falling into his grandmother's arms.

I don't know how to feel about this; but it could be a very powerful image for the millions who are affected by drug addiction.

The child's face is blanked out, but many in his local area could identify him by seeing his father. Edit to add: the child's face was blanked out on the CNN clip, but does not appear to be in this video clip from YouTube.

Lots of you will probably seen this on Facebook all ready. I don't have FB, so I'm sharing mostly for those other members who don't. Maybe we can leave politics behind for a thread and have a discussion about how hard drugs like heroin affect our communities.

This was posted a few days ago on ATS. Sad though.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Might as well of done it on opera ,
Bit of Make up ,
Hair done ,
Drum roll ,
Light ,
Camera ,
Zoom in when you can see kids heart getting torn in half !
Then applause 👏

Sick bastard.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I hear YouTube pays $1 per 25 views.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If some other mother addicted to drugs with kids sees this and it inspires her to quit, then its worth it. You could ask her kids years from now if they were glad she saw this, but I already know their answer.

Remaining silent about drug abuse isn't going to help anything.

I disagree. This kids anguish should not be broadcast. Who in this day and age doesnt know drugs are harmful? You dont have to see a video like this... plenty of other real life examples to drive home the point.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Great clip.
Drugs steal lives of more than mothers from their children

Imagine one, son, a drunk driver killed your mum

People should react and be offended by a video clip as they have in this thread
They should react and be offended by the drug issue on a greater scale than the video clip

Bitch about guns killing people, what about drugs and the crime it causes

Maybe it's just a little to in your face I suppose?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I agree with you... even so much that I stared you.

But...

In this specific situation I'm ok with it. I have a very dear friend who's got a serious problem with a very additive drug and when I saw this, I instantly thought that I would have loved her to have seen this same video. Maybe it would give her some strength to push away. Maybe it would give that addict watching some heart felt reason to finally step away.

For most situations I agree, but this one... this one hits really close to home and it makes sense. But for the child... man! That's got to be horrible!

edit on 17-10-2016 by StallionDuck because: -word

link   
On one hand, I wont watch it and for the kid, feel for him. one of the darkest days of his life is now on the internet.

On the other hand, if a addict comes across this video, it may be the thing that forces them to get the help they need just from seeing first hand how your addiction effects more than just you.

link   
I refuse to watch the video. Why do people feel this warped need to put their lives out there for everyone to see? Personally I think the kid should be removed from his (sic) father and put in his grandparents care, I mean what would posses him to think that recording this is the right thing to do?! This is something that should've been done in private.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Way way back in the late 60s, when FB was nonexistant and lil man Zucky was not even a twinkle in his mama's eye, my cousin accidently backed his car over his 2 year old son, who was playing underneath the middle of the car. A tragic accident that changed many lives.
His wife and their other son were visiting our home at that time and the news was discussed openly in our home and with our entire family. I was 10 yrs old.

That call is as memorable to me today as if it just happened. The heartwrenching response to the devistating news was not anything that should be posted on any public website. I am not seeing the purpose of this FB post as stated. The boy is forever documented in the archives of the internet WITHOUT his consent. IMO, his privacy was violated by his father and that fact should be the walk-away message of that FB post.

My deepest condolences to the family, especially that poor child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join