It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Rights Group Vows to Fight Policy Despite Netanyahu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
IN the Israel/ Palestine conflict, there's tension between Netanyahu and an Israeli human rights group known as B'tselem. Israel has been building settlements since capturing the West Bank and east Jerusalem in the 1967 Mideast war and has been building settlements ever since.
Palestinians view Israeli settlement construction as a major obstacle to statehood.

JERUSALEM — An Israeli human rights group on Sunday vowed to continue its battle against Israel settlements built on occupied lands sought by the Palestinians, rejecting a harsh rebuke by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The Israeli leader accused B'tselem of joining a "chorus of slander" against Israel, after the rights group urged the U.N. Security Council to take decisive action against settlements. His condemnation was the latest in a series of criticisms and threats against dovish rights groups by Netanyahu's hard-line government. B'Tselem joined American Friends of Peace Now, the U.S. affiliate of an Israeli anti-settlement watchdog, at Friday's informal Security Council session.

Hagai El-Ad, executive director of B'Tselem, told the meeting that with the 50th anniversary of the 1967 war approaching next year, "the rights of Palestinians must be realized, the occupation must end, the U.N. Security Council must act, and the time is now."

I also tend to view settlement building as an obstacle to statehood. I think that Netanyahu doesn't really want peace even though he claims to want it; he ignores the voice of an Israeli human rights group. Is there a growing outcry in Israel to stop the settlements or do more Israelis support the ever growing issue of settlement building than not? It's obvious to me that this issue needs to be dealt with or there will never be peace. What say you, ATS?

www.voanews.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Israel has always been at the table and open to reasonable negotiations.
But its kinda hard when the other side is shooting at you.

The present plan by the Saudis / Egypt has some positive elements.
But the Syrian conflict as well as the upcoming Palestinian elections need to be settled.
If a major process starts, I'll be boots on the ground (again) one more time.

The settlements can and will be moved if necessary. MoD Lieberman as well as PM Netanyahu have made this quite clear.

Buck

edit on 17-10-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Of the dozen or so Israelis I communicate through various news outlets and gamer sites not one of them agrees with Netanyahu on the settlement issue and apparently most Israeli's disagree with the Gov. on this issue.

Quite frankly I wonder how he manages to stay in power when you see the popular opinion of the country.

Hmmm does Soros own voting machines in Israel

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Israel has always been at the table and open to reasonable negotiations.
But its kinda hard when the other side is shooting at you.

Buck

Yes having entire neighborhoods flattened does make it hard to negotiate.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I can see by your responses, you know nothing about this.
So there there is no point in responding.

Buck

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
It's obvious to me that this issue needs to be dealt with or there will never be peace. What say you, ATS?

Baal, a.k.a Yahweh / Allah pulls the strings of both fighting factions.

Since when does the little god of war ever allow peace ? He feeds off the misery that his little mortals give him.

Baal loves never ending wars. The war will only stop when he puts his little Antichrist errand boy into the new Temple Mount.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ahh those peace luvin Palestinians. Kicked out of Lebanon , Syria , Jordan , Egypt. Why ? They had land in each of those countries. A chance at a life of peace. But , unfortunately , that wasnt enough. They wanted more. Power in whatever country they were in. Basically destroyed Lebanon from within. It was so bad in Egypt , the Egyptians kicked their butts to the curb and built a wall where they couldnt return. A wall they still heavily guard today.

Then Israel cedes them the West Bank. What happens ? Da sh** starts all over again.Seems like the Palestinians cant learn a simple fact of life. You cant have it all. Settle for what you have. Live in peace with your neighbors .Be content.Get along.

End Rant
Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And people say walls don't work!

new topics

top topics

join