It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT bank accounts frozen in UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Looks like RT hit a nerve
This is actually good news.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: dragonridr

Thanks for the info, it is appreciated.

However:

This isn't a freedom of speech thing this has to do with a judgement against Russia for 50 billion.

The synchronicity of this is astounding and I personally don't believe that the reason is for the money. The excuse, maybe...

Synchronicity of what? Because a number of Foreign secretaries have been holding a conference on the Syrian situation in London? So what?

You should probably just go back to sleep if all you have are stupid questions. Either get informed on events of the last 24 hours or ask somebody else, I am not your personal information slave.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Soo??? What's your custom title?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: slidingdoor

The National Westminster Bank has informed RT UK that it will no longer have the broadcaster among its clients. The bank provided no explanation for the decision. “We have recently undertaken a review of your banking arrangements with us and reached the conclusion that we will no longer provide these facilities,” NatWest said in a letter to RT’s London office.

The bank said that the entire Royal Bank of Scotland Group, of which NatWest is part, would refuse to service RT. The letter said the decision was final and that it is “not prepared to enter into any discussion in relation to it.”

It certainly seems to be motivated by someone with a lot of power. They are not even prepared to discuss it apparently.
I agree, they should try other banks, see what happens.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer

Soo??? What's your custom title?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

Looks like RT hit a nerve
This is actually good news.

I don't think it is good news though. I just think it is one more step in the wrong direction, and eventually we will have walked so far from the path that we will be hopelessly lost.

This can happen really quickly.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

This may be linked to the case Russia took to the UK about the Ukraine not making their payments as the IMF turned out to be a Pentagon based operation . (maybe, some how ) link to story www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 17-10-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: dragonridr

Thanks for the info, it is appreciated.

However:

This isn't a freedom of speech thing this has to do with a judgement against Russia for 50 billion.

The synchronicity of this is astounding and I personally don't believe that the reason is for the money. The excuse, maybe...

Synchronicity of what? Because a number of Foreign secretaries have been holding a conference on the Syrian situation in London? So what?

You should probably just go back to sleep if all you have are stupid questions. Either get informed on events of the last 24 hours or ask somebody else, I am not your personal information slave.

Very excitable aren't we?

Assange internet account allegedly down although that's impossible to prove and what that actually constitutes (wouldn't his internet access be via the Ecuadorian embassy?). Wikileaks sends out a string of hexadecimal code, ATS member piss their pants and assume he is dead. Global Western foreign secretaries met yesterday for a planned meeting around Syria.

In other news, what appears to be a Russian State owned media company has bank assets for reasons yet to be officially disclosed (although there is no legal requirement for the bank to do so anyway) frozen in the UK, with the bank in question allegedly telly RT that...

"We have recently undertaken a review of your banking arrangements with us and reached the conclusion that we will no longer provide these facilities."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now, if you'd like to stop acting like a petulant 12 year old, why do you see synchronicity at this point in time with the information at hand?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The die is cast.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The die is cast.

It rolled a six!

P

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm jealous of you Aussies.

You guys get to quietly hide out in your paradise down under while the rest of us in the northern hemisphere have to listen to the pounding of neighbouring war drums every second day.

Boo hiss ! To the people smart enough to live in a land that's as far away from the mass of bozos that occupy the rest of the planet as possible !

If only Antarctica was habitable...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Often, RT has good news. Other times, not so much. One of their anchors quit on air do to the strict controls.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Reprisals for Russian jets bombing the movement to make Assad go.

More desperation.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Often, RT has good news. Other times, not so much. One of their anchors quit on air do to the strict controls.

Like most news? agencies nowadays there is good and bad. My issue is more to do with the fact that this is certainly politically motivated, at a time when we REALLY could do with bringing down the rhetoric and acting calmly.

Unless of course the objective is to cause more tension.

Yeah, I think that is the objective here.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Seems to me in today's climate that if a news agency gets shut down for "biased" reporting, they must be reporting the truth about something.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
listen people....those of us who are awake know whats going on here. I wasnt scared during y2k or 2012.....but im concerned now. I'm in my 40s and like many of you im sure we lived through the end of the cold war and remember that horrible dread in our subconcious felt of a possible nuclear exchange....movies like "the day after" only making the fear worse.

you wanna know a funny thing? Even at 8 years old i REMEMBER have distinct thoughts about "why are russians so bad" and wondering to myself what life was like for russian kids like myself.

lucky for me i have been a skeptic of authority my entire life thanks to quite a few nasty teachers who ruined my blind respect for the adult world. Since then i have seen only MORE evidence that very often those in charge are not suited to the job.

i have been posting news stories on the war rhetoric like crazy on my FB but ppl just dont seem to be taking it seriously.

Get you and yours ready people.....theres not enough time to convince everyone else.....

good luck (im not even a prepper for pity sake)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting news indeed! The Brits must feel very threatened by RT. Perhaps RT gets too close to the truth?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Looking at other RBS news the following can be found:

The collapse of the latest round of talks between Santander and RBS over the purchase of W&G shouldn’t come as a surprise.
Having regrouped and with capital markets improving somewhat, a year later, in 2013, RBS decided to take a different tack.

It chose to sell a future stake of no more than 49pc in W&G – it was at this point the brand was revived – to a group led by the Church Commissioners and Lord Jacob Rothschild’s RIT Capital Partners, in return for an upfront £600m and £200m later.
In May it emerged that RBS was going to scrap plans to spin off the bank, and instead resurrected plans for a trade sale to a rival – re-enter Santander – at the same time admitting there was a real risk of not making the December 2017 deadline for disposal set by the European Commission (the original deadline was actually December 2013).

Brexit provides an obvious solution to the Royal Bank of Scotland's Williams & Glyn headache

Couldn't be related to this, could it?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
More importantly Any attack or blockage of information regardless of where it's from is an attack on common people,all of us
And ultimately to freedom itself, which is worse, and to my knowledge quite illegal.
edit on 17-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This BBC report is close to how and what RT reports and have reported on .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join