It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Fleet Week Airshow - Sunday October 16th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Made it down to the airshow over Baltimore Harbor this afternoon and caught the Zumwalt, Blue Angels, Geico Skytypers, P-51, Raptor, F-35, and Poseidon P-8 among other things. I'm not a seasoned airshow guy, but I found it to be a pretty good display.

Poseidon:

Geico Skytypers:

Raptor, F-35 & Mustang:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain

Blue Angels:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain good photos, i was in fells point, saw them all but not as clearly. More than a billion dollars of aircraft were tearing the sky over baltimore, dedicated to killing people in countries that could never threaten us. yet we are supposed to be proud and put more in the DOD budget.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57
Thanks. I'm just an aviation enthusiast sharing some images. As for the policy, politics, and expenditures - I'll leave all that alone. I just like aircraft...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain

I was stuck in line waiting to tour the vessels during most of the good stuff (AKA the USAF's display) but I was able to snag a couple shots of the F-22 and the heritage display from the security tent. Oh well, at least I got to watch the Blue Angels display from the bridge deck of the USS Leyte Gulf.

The good news is I now have a bunch of high-res shots of the USS Zumwalt and pretty much every visible detail of her port side
that I'll upload as soon as I find my SD card reader (along with a couple nice shots of the Angels from Martin State yesterday).

The anti-radar coating on her upper structures reminds me a ton of the rubber anechoic tiles that the Russians always slathered their subs with, and the arrangement of the intakes/exhausts on her superstructure look a bit like a tribute to Le Corbusier's Ronchamp chapel. But boy is she a big girl up close. Her complete lack of surface details makes her scale that much harder to appreciate until you're right next to her.

I just got back from driving halfway to wallops before I realized they scrubbed the launch until tomorrow
but I should be able to upload them all soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby
Busy day for you. I was gonna watch the wallops launch from a park near me. Had originally thought about heading down to the eastern shore, but it would've been a lot to try and accomplish in one day - tip O' the hat to you for making the effort. I look forward to seeing your shots...

top topics

join