It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Strategy For a Third Party Intervention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
1) Someone mentions emails. Put it in a file. Don't react. Discuss lightly if at all among your fellow members or team strategists. Allow the debate about emails to proceed for the most part in the mainstream only to interject when necessary, as to get across there is another option.

2) Smear campaigns. Make little mention of this at all. Take advantage of the public's frustration with shoddy politics in general. Allow the debate to continue.

3) Make your ongoing and researched purpose about researching corrupt insider connections on BOTH sides. Do this silently. Allow debate to continue. Mention and continue to take advantage of people's increasing frustration with the goings on in general. Research valid points. Discuss in a silent and methodical manner.

4) Pool support from those who are simply open to something else, maybe tired of all the hassle, or want a change in scenery. Let more rational heads prevail. Allow people to be frustrated in the overall situation, but try not to make the point about disgruntlement, per se. Research. Continue.

Any more???
edit on 16-10-2016 by breakingbs because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interesting.

The openly welcomed by the masses third party.

The nation could indeed be brought closer together than ever, afraid the nation, a leader in the free world and democracy can really let either of the two foremost heinous candidates win.

Thats just about insane enough to be real!!! And im eating it up because the thought of either winning right now does seem so surreal im preying for anything else to happen instead.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's the rub...

If "Mormon McMullin" can somehow convince Romney to endorse him and he wins the electoral vote in his home state of Utah, Trump or Hillary will be unable to obtain the 270 electoral votes needed to secure the presidency. This would then force the House to use OUR VOTE to select a president from the top three candidates. Last time that happened was 192 years ago, giving Adams the win.

It can happen, right?

ETA: Did I mention that he's an ex-CIA operative?

edit on 16-10-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I don't want to put off more conspiracy minded members, but that's actually not a put off. I think we should engage with a multitude of options..

edit on 16-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesisIf "Mormon McMullin" can somehow convince Romney to endorse him and he wins the electoral vote in his home state of Utah, Trump or Hillary will be unable to obtain the 270 electoral votes needed to secure the presidency. This would then force the House to use OUR VOTE to select a president from the top three candidates. Last time that happened was 192 years ago, giving Adams the win.

OK. Let's say that happened one way or another, i.e.: No one reaches 270. Who wins? Surely not McMullin!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The thought of there being a light at the end of the tunnel thrills me.

I was at a Family Picnic at one of the local churches. It was an unusually large crowd for one of these events. I was not surprised to hear so many people talking politics. I was not surprised that almost everyone was dismayed that they had to chose between Hillary and Trump. It seemed almost all, admitted they did not want to vote for either one.

In the groups that I butted into, they all seemed open to an alternate candidate.

I think this is very doable. We have enough angry and fed up people, and we have enough voters, that want desperately, another choice.

They have used social media to tear us apart, and to force sell us two rotten pumpkins, why not use the same tool to stitch us back together?

We have nothing to lose. If either of them win, we will still have sent a clear message that we didn't buy their garbage, they dumped it on us.

edit on 16-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up. Spelling and gramatical corrections.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

We could have a selection of candidates. If not him than somebody else. One of maybe three. The often mentioned long shot. The guy doesn't have to be too "mavericky" this time, to get the job done. I don't know, just an opinion..

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just make it a popular vote and really see who comes out on top.

As an aside, I watched wag the dog last night. For all its corniness, the movie captures the media and gubment coop, and this was done before 911. Before Monica and Billies distraction of shooting a bunch of cruise missiles at a baby formula factory some where, can't remember the name?

Edit:

Date Bill Clinton testified before the grand jury, August 17, 1998

Date Bill Clinton ordered cruise missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan, August 20, 1998
edit on 16-10-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That SOUNDS like the most logical option, and it IS, but it'd be one of the two, we really need a plausible third even if a long shot..

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs
If the cancelling of simple TV series was enough to get fans to flood the networks with over 40,00 pound of peanuts, in an attempt to force the networks in to bringing back a TV show. You would think it should be a piece of cake to get enough people to cast their vote for an alternate candidate, in an attempt to rein in our crooked government.

Nutty 'Jericho' Fans Make CBS Reconsider Canceling Show

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

That SOUNDS like the most logical option, and it IS, but it'd be one of the two, we really need a plausible third even if a long shot..

Americans aren't hungry enough for that option yet.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

How would a 3rd party candidate be able to influence the electoral college?

Honest question, because from where I sit, there is no way that a 3rd party candidate can ever win.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You'd think!! Hahaha!

Although, frustration over not receiving more entertainment is no serious matter, kind of reminds me of people who stampede stores and fight over toys when one comes out for their kid, not to get distracted..

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How would a 3rd party candidate be able to influence the electoral college?

Honest question, because from where I sit, there is no way that a 3rd party candidate can ever win.

True, but they can disrupt. The key is to prevent anyone else getting 270, not get there yourself. I just looked into McMullin and I'm liking this idea more and more. Not that I appreciate all his positions, but I think I could live with it and certainly be more comfortable than the mainstream candidates. If it got thrown to the House, who knows what would happen? There's an element of risk there, but Wow! Not such a bad idea at all.
edit on 10/16/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This year 2016 could be the year the people switch to 3rd party. We will see soon enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But the rules in place would have congress choose the next president.

So I don't see any benefit from any of this.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Like I said, it's a protest against having the winner chosen FOR you if you read between the lines, and at least a way to distract from the narrative, with a chance one of them MIGHT win.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: eisegesisIf "Mormon McMullin" can somehow convince Romney to endorse him and he wins the electoral vote in his home state of Utah, Trump or Hillary will be unable to obtain the 270 electoral votes needed to secure the presidency. This would then force the House to use OUR VOTE to select a president from the top three candidates. Last time that happened was 192 years ago, giving Adams the win.

OK. Let's say that happened one way or another, i.e.: No one reaches 270. Who wins? Surely not McMullin!

It will take an army of dissatisfied voters, but the possibility exists.

Shooting from the hip here...

Step 1.) Enforce the law and disqualify Hillary.

A State Department audit released 05/26/2016 faults Hillary Clinton in stating that her and her team ignored clear guidance from the State Department that her private email use in sensitive government matters broke Federal standards and could leave sensitive materials vulnerable to hackers. The Inspector General's review goes on to say hacking attempts forced then Secretary of State Clinton off of using email at one point in 2011.

The 78-page analysis, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press, says Clinton ignored clear directives. She never sought approval to conduct government business over private email, and never demonstrated that the server or the Blackberry she used while in office "met minimum information security requirements."

Twice in 2010, information management staff at the State Department raised concerns that Clinton's email practices failed to meet federal records-keeping requirements. The staff's director responded that Clinton's personal email system had been reviewed and approved by legal staff, and that "the matter was not to be discussed any further."

According to 18 U.S.C. § 2071(b):

“Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”

(snopes can shove-it)

Step 2.) Pony up $5 million and release The Apprentice hounds. Let America finally realize that Trump is lower than the s*** under their shoe.

Step 3.) Pray that America comes to the same revelation after being disgusted with what they thought were their only choices, hopefully allowing herd mentality to work in McMullins's favor.

Easy...

(not really)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It makes strategic sense, and I think you underestimate things ...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
you guys do realize that if nobody casts a vote, there will still be an election?

nobody in florida voted bush into office, nobody but their supreme court.

look at us today and don't cast any vote for anyone, and every office will have an appointee?

is continuity of government more important than it's people? is it more important than the people it slays daily on a disgusting level on foreign lands?

if you don't know that it's the military who wears the mommy-pants around here, you're in for a rude wake-up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join