It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so was the uss mason under attack?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah, OK, there went my little pet conspiracy for the day. Womp, womp, woooomp...

Lol no, thank you for the info. That answers my question of how plausible it was.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Aegis, a.k.a. AN/SPY-1 and associated systems, is a very capable system, both in defensive and offensive rolls.

It knows when the ship has been "painted" and can affect countermeasures including missiles, Phalanx/CIWS and electronic.

If you've never seen one go full automatic, you really don't know- I've witnessed it go full automatic and watched CIWS track seagulls more than a mile distant. Set to the proper mode, one ship like the USS Mason can control CIC and systems on other ships; multiple such ships can control the countermeasures of, and defend, an entire battle group.

I'll almost 100% guarantee that the system's operation is why those incoming missiles did not hit the boat. If you are in the air or on the surface and not squawking valid IFF, you will be toast if the system and crew desire.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The conspiracy theorist in me asks: Gulf of Tonkin "incident" Part 2?

A US ally (France/Saudi Arabia) is leading a failed war (1st Indochina War/Yemen "Civil War") against a former colony or vassal state (Indochina/North Yemen). The war is taking too long so the US gets involved (2nd Indochina War aka "Vietnam War"/ ???) because of "attacks on our ships" that turn out to be false.

<< 1   >>

join