It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Cars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: smurfy

It actually has rollover head lights, two in each unit.

I took it through to the Bloomington Gold show so it needed to have the drum brakes it came with other wise I would have been deducted a large number of points. My few concessions to usability were that the top fit perfectly and the paint was also amazing. So much so that I lost a few points when the judges tried to slip a playing card between the decklid and the top (and it bent) and when the other judge said, 'Chevy never would have sent a car out with this perfect of a paint job.'

You shudda improved the imperfections on his gub!...and of course you're right about the lights.
Maybe you know something about the Motorama display car, My older brother maintained that the displayed Corvette was steel bodied, I don't think so. There may have been test bed vehicles with a metal body, but it wasn't that one, nor do I think any metal bodies would necessarily been 'Corvette' anyway.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

I would love to see a Tron car like this.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdennis10

I would love to see a Tron car like this.

The 'only' thing there, is how much the Mazda badge versus the Audi badge while the product is the same.
I would acquiesce though that a collison could be exciting.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Maybe you know something about the Motorama display car, My older brother maintained that the displayed Corvette was steel bodied, I don't think so. There may have been test bed vehicles with a metal body, but it wasn't that one, nor do I think any metal bodies would necessarily been 'Corvette' anyway.

The two Motorama cars were hand-laid fiberglass.

Here is a good article on someone who thinks they may have #001.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The two Motorama cars were hand-laid fiberglass.

Here is a good article on someone who thinks they may have #001.

I argee wholeheartedly, but it just shows how buffs can differ in the chain of thought. I had seen that link before, and it is pretty clear they had the right vehicle even though it had been futtered with when returned to the test beds. So, one set of buffs seem to want to maintain that the last product of the futtering is the first Corvette, while others would go the the way of returning it to the concept car of the Waldorf presentation, which I agree with.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I argee wholeheartedly, but it just shows how buffs can differ in the chain of thought. I had seen that link before, and it is pretty clear they had the right vehicle even though it had been futtered with when returned to the test beds. So, one set of buffs seem to want to maintain that the last product of the futtering is the first Corvette, while others would go the the way of returning it to the concept car of the Waldorf presentation, which I agree with.

I would agree that the Waldorf car would be the way to go. It is the first Corvette and is a piece of history.

On a side note, one of the guys in my Corvette club has a '53. If I recall correctly it is a sub 50 serial number so it had lots of irregular parts from the later '53s and the '54/'55 series.

edit on 16-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I was 16 my father bought me a brown WV bus. I would pick up my friends on the weekends. One day it snowed really hard and I tipped it over in my friends driveway trying get it unstuck. It went off the driveway in a ditch and flipped.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor
a reply to: skunkape23

Did you run any over?
Ran a few over on those leather benches. As Nature intended.
It pained me to sell her.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

lol

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I know what you mean, Some cars aren't meant to be parted with/sold.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join