It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Cars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I've seen a few post on Craigslist of folks trying to sell disassembled, rusted out frames and partial body's in the +10,000 range.

They tend to value in at just a lil higher than used Jeep Wranglers lolololol

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Totally yeap i've got a couple of buddies i sent the link to check out. Great in traffic gas wise.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

After doing the full resto route before I'm not doing it again, once was way more than enough. Just looking for a nice driver that I can fire up on the weekend.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I had a thing for my '63 Ford Galaxie 500.
Sweet cruiser. 390ci/330hp.
It was a real chick magnet.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Did you run any over?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: Encryptor That was the more sporty one, the Isabella I had was a Saloon much like the Jaguar's of the time. But the engine and electrical were lightyears ahead of Jaguar.

I've seen those, nice cars .. i had no idea about the engine vs Jag's though, that's kinda interesting

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Encryptor

I like the old Dodge Chargers. 68s 69s with the 383 magnums or 440. The 383 was a beast of a engine and pretty much bullet proof.

Dodge Chargers really really amazing cars, my brother had one.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is there enough room to list? LMAO! I`d name a hundred before listing any from my personal collection but I`m a W-Body guy first. Thats going to include the old G-body lineup from the 80`s when they all went FWD in 1988 with the Cutlass Supreme. Ive got an aqua metallic 1994 Olds Cutlass coupe I've had for nearly 12 years thats going through some insane work right now, a white 1995 Cutlass convertible with a very rare DOHC engine, then because why not another rare supercharged Pontiac GTP for daily driving purposes unless I walk. A pic of my Vert, you wont see many of these anymore.

A few others that get my inner grease munkey excited, Vipers, Corvettes, Buick Rivieras of any year all gorgeous, Shelby Series 1 and just about anything American classic with a 4barrel carb on it, big block or not, or a giant rolling slab from the 70`s. I really love those late 60`s early 70`s GT500s that had the T-bird taillights but the more squared front end and squared headlights.

edit on 16-10-2016 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've had quite a few cars thru the years hard to pick one out,some were fun not fast,i have a 88 GMC S-15 I'm subtly letting kid replace suspension,lightening,mods,etc,I get a combined 23 mpg and can get there real quick,handles like a sports car,and about 600 watts of stereo

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've had quite a few cars thru the years hard to pick one out,some were fun not fast,i have a 88 GMC S-15 I'm subtly letting kid replace suspension,lightening,mods,etc,I get a combined 23 mpg and can get there real quick,handles like a sports car,and about 600 watts of stereo

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I had the pleasure of owning a 1978 Cutlass Supreme-- silver with tinted windows, harness seatbelts, a custom made (by previous owner) V4, B&M shifter. It was lovely.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hmmmm... So hard to choose...

If money was no object...
1970 challenger 440 supercharged...white on white....see the vanishing point challenger that's the one I want...

Or r32 nissan skyline for Nuremburg

Or an Ariel atom 500.....

But I actually own one of my favorite cars... 3rd generation acura Integra db8 gsr turbo.... Sitting in my driveway broken down right now but it is a super fun car to drive and despite the popularity of the integra you just don't see many 4 door gsrs

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yeah i loved that little car. Totally uncool but it served me well for quite a few years, even after I got my '62 Parisienne coupe on the road (wasn't for winter driving, way too much chrome).

Got me thinking about all the rides I've had over the years . Boy I miss e a few of them, others are quite forgettable. Now I drive work trucks and service vans. Lost interest in my old age I guess, that and the old muscle cars aren't available/as cheap like they used to be.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah classic muscle cars have gotten crazy expensive, a quality one is going to cost more than a new car and a hacked and slashed bondo beater will set you back more than a nice used car....

I just wish I would have had money when I was 16... Had a guy offer me a 70 challenger rt with matching #s for 16k.... In good but not great shape.... That same car a few years later that same car was selling for like 30 40k in rough and restored for over 100k.....

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't know where to start being a bit of a car buff. Favourite engines are V6's and V8's list of cars includes a Triumph Roadster, a Sunbeam Rapier, a couple of minis, a Triumph Spitfire, two Triumph Stags, four or five Triumph 2000's, Two Triumph 2.5PI's, a Jensen Healey, a Rover 3500, a Vandem Plas 3.5 SD, a Peugeot V6, a Renault 30 V6, a Citroen GTI, a Citroen XM V6, all marks of Espace, 3.0 litre and 3.5litre*, a Renault 25, a Renault Safrane, a Renault Vel Satis...and more if I could remember.
*I still use the 3.5 Espace even though it is now 13 years old, but you wouldn't think it.

also currently an XJ Sovereign,

And coming soon a Renault Avantime,

All the pictures are library, but the same. Good topic BTW...kept me going for a while.

I just remembered, on the road in Germany I picked up a 60's American Ford Country Sedan same as this but without the woody bits,

edit on 16-10-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dang you Europeans and your access to all the really cool imports....(as they would be described state side anyways)

This though is possibly the coolest British auto I have ever wanted Ariel atom 500...v8 powered go cart on steroids.....seems like it should have been made here in the states lol the excess is just soooo American ha ha ha

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
Dang you Europeans and your access to all the really cool imports....(as they would be described state side anyways)

This though is possibly the coolest British auto I have ever wanted Ariel atom 500...v8 powered go cart on steroids.....seems like it should have been made here in the states lol the excess is just soooo American ha ha ha

That's the car that melts your face!

It is exotic though..made in a factory with just seven people!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes it is an "exotic" and it will melt your face... The race from 0-100-0 in that video against the lambo and Lexus is epic.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Encryptor

Favorite car owned is my Stingray which I restored myself:

I loved that model, properly rare in the UK, pop up lights four of them I think in that early model...[Uh Oh! I see lightning in the distance] anyway, yes very rare, only have seen one in NI.... Yuh lucky duck, I suppose every time you use it there's a vintage bottle of Champers in the boot!
Did you put discs on?
edit on 16-10-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It actually has rollover head lights, two in each unit.

I took it through to the Bloomington Gold show so it needed to have the drum brakes it came with other wise I would have been deducted a large number of points. My few concessions to usability were that the top fit perfectly and the paint was also amazing. So much so that I lost a few points when the judges tried to slip a playing card between the decklid and the top (and it bent) and when the other judge said, 'Chevy never would have sent a car out with this perfect of a paint job.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join