It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Where's the Republican Party stand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've not heard a peep out of them for days now..

Are they taking interviews? Where's Rudy Guiliani? Where's Melania Trump, why haven't we heard from her is she muzzled?

What's going on now that Trump has said all these women's testimonies are lies lies lies as part of some sort of conspiracy and not women coming forward with honest experiences that bely what he's saying?

Can anyone back him up on that?

What's happening?

What's everyone waiting for? Aren't there some questions that have been raised?

The silence now, after all of Trump's denials is creepy.

Is he alone, except for his most ardent supporters?

That's the way it's beginning to look - I don't see anyone rushing to his defense to say that it's a media-Clinton conspiracy to bring him down.

Is that strategy going to work? I don't think so. That's what guys used to do when caught out abusing women, just lie their asses off and deny deny deny, but will it work today?

Is anyone buying it?

Will the Republicans speak out? Will they rebuke him? Withdraw their support or endorsement?

I don't understand..

edit on 16-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I think both parties know they've jumped the shark with their candidates. They saw the win as being worth the sacrifice of their ethics and courage.

The Republican Party will survive supporting Trump. Will people forget how they'll back any old garbage to secure victory? Worse still is how they'll carry on backing the trash no matter what he says or has done. Great party eh?

Same on the Dems. They're gonna foist a cuckoo POTUS who nobody wants. All about the win and nothing to do with values.

It's possible the Republicans are opting for silence like they can see things getting worse. A few will be in "please make it stop" mode. Many will be cringing and unable to voice dissent for fear of being seen as disloyal by others. It's slow motion car crash time and all they can do is pray for as little pain as possible.

ETA - I just googled "Republicans continue to back Trump." That's an obvious string for auto-complete. Even at the last letter, the Google algorithms were spelling out 'trumpet.' Isn't that an odd thing? Shouldn't 'Trump' with 'Republican' be the go-to instead of 'trumpet?' Is there mischief in the rankings there?
edit on 10.16.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

but if their car is crashing or their train going right off the cliff, why aren't we hearing any shouting or anything at all...?

The Republican Party is based on a tightly woven moral fabric, or at least that's what it's always supposed to have been all about.

What, are they all prepared to leave their Party in tatters when the election is just three weeks away? I don't get it. Why aren't they fleeing Trump en mass while trying to save down ticket races?

They're pretty slow moving... do they need more women to come forward? Is there a magic number of women, if not 9?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Embarrassment? He wasn't the first choice and I'd imagine a lot of Republicans resent him even being there. They're also probably pissed at themselves for being weak and their leaders for being so cynical.

They can't exactly start handing him the 'attaboys' and neither can they condemn him. The silence is almost like whistling innocence whilst walking away from the car crash.

Politics always moves on anyway. They'll dust off and carry on regardless.

Which direction do you think they'll go? Old school conservative candidate or another 'big personality' candidate? It's hard to say these days isn't it?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Maybe evidence has been found to back up an accusers statements and Trump and his cronies are realizing it and are now backing off? It's been said that Trump has been captured on camera making vulgar remarks about women during the recordings of the "Apprentice." Maybe one of those recordings is in the process of being released?

The self-destruction saga of Trump continues...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

You'd think this whole fiasco would be the final nail in the coffin for both of these corrupt-beyond-the-point-of-no-return political parties.

But the 'kool-aid for the masses' is stronger than ever.

You'd think the independents and third parties would be laughing all the way to the bank in the polls by now.

But the masses are, more than ever, still toeing the party lines.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
More than likely, the mass media is being silent. They can't really prove or disprove anything-Hillary gets hurt either way and they can't allow that to happen.
And maybe, just maybe, the Donald has finally shut up.
Just pray for an end-it's going to be ugly for the next POTUS and then the real battles begin again.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

It's like western politics has gone full-on showbiz and PR, isn't it? A shiny turd is still a turd and yet we're all supposed to be rah-rahing and waving flags for whomever they put up on the platforms.

You'd think the independents and third parties would be laughing all the way to the bank in the polls by now.

We can hope! I wonder if it's the percentages at work here? Let's say voter turnout is 60% of eligible adults. Of those, the majority is split between the two main parties. The third parties and independents represent a split of the remainder. In population terms, that could be as little as 10% of eligible, voting adults and not enough to gain attention or tempt people away. Even that 10% will be divided into, say, half a dozen disparate groups.

The relentless stupidity is here to stay. Yay! Sigh...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

But the masses are, more than ever, still toeing the party lines.

:

Yep, you would think that, but, strangely enough you have the two biggest moops filling those tickets... What to choose from the third street people..., a Howdy Doody want to be, or the most liberal of liberals in Washington. Really, nothing but crickets.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

Regardless of what your feelings toward her may be, Hillary Clinton is the most qualified and experienced person to ever run for the office of the President. Hopefully she's learned her lessons about what works and what doesn't work, what to do and what not to do.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What gets me is that, now that it's been confirmed that what he said on the tape wasn't just "locker room talk" and there are 9 women and counting who've come forward, no one seems to be really holding Trump's feet to the fire over this revelation, and everything seems to be carrying on as it it's just another media cycle that will pass, while Trump sticks to his guns over his denials.

WTF?

Hardly any pundits are coming out in the strongest terms about this, and the Republicans are all but silent, with Guiliani talking up election fraud, which really undermines the entire democratic process.

Donald Trump has been caught out lying about it, and he's continuing to lie without regard to the validity of the experience of these women, one a Miss America contestant who was so put off by the second time he kissed her on the mouth, that she aborted her itinerary that he had prepared for her, and flew home on her own dime.

Michelle Obama talked about it in personal, emotional terms, but why isn't everyone up in arms over this?

Are they going to let him just take a pass after all the lying? and on the conduct itself?

I just don't get it.

Even Nancy Palosi (not my favorite Dem), could only say that Donald Trump is trying to project his problems onto Hillary Clinton, so she doesn't even get it, about what to ask or where to put the pressure on Trump.

Are the American people stupid, all the way up and down?

What's going on here?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think I just figured it out - why they are silent about it.

There's another ticking time bomb on the field that Trump might have put in play with the way he's handled this whole thing, and so far the MSM aren't touching it with a ten foot poll

Donald Trump's (and Bill Clinton's) relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.

I’ve known Jeff for 15 years,” Trump told New York Magazine in 2002. Calling him a “terrific guy" Trump continued, “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life!"

www.thedailybeast.com...

But if Trump tries to lob that over at Bill Clinton, then it also blows up in his face, and vice versa.

Therefore, the MSM has to begin steering away from this issue, which is now at the same time at the very center of the election and something that cannot be ignored.

What a terrible predicament.

I think maybe that's why Bill Clinton was giving Donald the eyes at the last debate as in WTF are you thinking?! We're in this together come hell or high water.

Sadly, but almost certainly true.

So the gutter that Donald Trump is rolling around in threatens to "mud" the whole lot of them such that no one will be able to get it off by simply siding with one or the other.

In Ms. Clinton's favor however, is the fact that it's not Bill Clinton on the ticket where she cannot be held responsible for his past actions when "partying" with Jeffrey Epstein.

Guess we know who wears the pants in that marriage!

Mark my words. If you hear the name Epstein ever once in the MSM, then we're looking at a total meltdown, on both sides in many ways with Hillary's only redeeming grace that she's a women and not one of those sex-abusing men, Bill or Donald both of whom could be on the road to divorce.

Maybe no one wants to set that thing off..

top topics

join