It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night landing at Groom Lake 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...

I put an image on the page linked above. It appears to be a trail made by the landing light of an aircraft landing at Groom Lake. This was around 9:30PM on a Saturday night, so not likely to be a Janet. I didn't have the scanner on at the time.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Great pics.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I was going to ask "How cold was it" then I saw this:

Being mutilated by space aliens would be better than freezing in central Nevada

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I was going to ask "How cold was it" then I saw this:

Being mutilated by space aliens would be better than freezing in central Nevada

Actually it was warm that night, if you consider 43 deg F around midnight warm. The night on Tikaboo was another story due to wind chill.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

if you consider 43 deg F around midnight warm.

I consider anything under 70º cold.
With or without wind chill.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
That made me fall from my chair, can´t stop laughing:

"Being mutilated by space aliens would be better than freezing in central Nevada"

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Interesting pictures, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Those night shots of Groom are beautiful, (and interesting) Gariac, but that pic of 375 in winter is stunning!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.lazygranch.com...

I put an image on the page linked above. It appears to be a trail made by the landing light of an aircraft landing at Groom Lake. This was around 9:30PM on a Saturday night, so not likely to be a Janet. I didn't have the scanner on at the time.

The second shot, after the title "Moonlight Shots from Tikaboo Peak" - that is looking east, towards Alamo, right?
Third shot? Towards Vegas? Beautiful pictures. Jealous.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

www.lazygranch.com...

The second shot, after the title "Moonlight Shots from Tikaboo Peak" - that is looking east, towards Alamo, right?
Third shot? Towards Vegas? Beautiful pictures. Jealous.

After the night landing, the next photo is looking towards Mt. Charleston. So the glow spots are I suppose Creech and the NTS. The lights on the mountain should be the Angel Peak "youth faculity". (I forget the official name. ) Then the next photo is looking towards Vegas. That is Thunderbird Lake.

The view from the flash summit and of course the peak is impressive. You can comprehend the distance you can see by watching vehicles on the ET Highway. You can track a truck a long time.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Amazing pictures...thanks!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I added an annotated version of the star trails photo. One of the star arcs has some spots or flashes in it. Any ideas?

The spy satellites do a full horizon to horizon in minutes, and would have a complete arc in the photograph. Something geosynchronous wouldn't move at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I added an annotated version of the star trails photo. One of the star arcs has some spots or flashes in it. Any ideas?

The spy satellites do a full horizon to horizon in minutes, and would have a complete arc in the photograph. Something geosynchronous wouldn't move at all.

Awesome pictures! Drove through Vegas on my way to Point Loma Naval Base in San Diego. Swung by Edwards to visit a buddy of mine. Did not see anything unfortunately in any locations

top topics

join