It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria talks in Switzerland produce only a decision to keep talking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Talks in Switzerland on stemming the bloodshed in Syria resulted in no breakthrough Saturday, but the discussions did yield a decision to keep seeking ways to achieve a truce and resume negotiations.

Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who called the meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and diplomats from seven Middle Eastern countries, characterized the gathering that lasted more than four hours as a brainstorming session that brought some new ideas to the table. However, he declined to specify what those ideas were.
SOURCE

I predicted that nothing substantial would come from the talks in Switzerland. I believe all the parties involved are too heavily invested in the situation in Syria for any of them to back down suddenly.

For those who were claiming that just having the parties involved talking meant the situation was headed to a happy ending, I have no idea what you were thinking.

I imagine we can agree that Russia agrees with the opinions of Assad expressed in the article linked below. How is that view condusive to a peaceful conclusion to the current U.S./Russia conflict?

Assad: Syria is part of Washington's prime goal for global hegemony

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Talking is a small part in doing. Talking is avoiding the consequence of action. Action can be violent or peaceful. Talking leads to more talking. Talking just to talk is avoiding action. Action is dangerous. Talking is civilized.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

they should all just trade recipes for cookies instead of recipes for disasters.

stop trespassing foreign boundaries-if they don't like you-it's for a reason- peoples feelings are valid.

show me how to restrain myself for once.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
"" a decision to keep talking " ....

.. and to keep killing like crazy maniacs.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Talking is better than bombing, Right?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Switzerland is only a nation that exists due to oligarchs' whim in Europe. Without EU oligarchs , which is not a far fetched possibility for the upcoming future, there's nothing particularly effective in swiss policies and administration. Except maybe for it's adequate gun ownership law and for watchmaking. Why didn't Hitler invade Switzerland?
Becuase probably the nazis were being funded through swiss banks.

top topics

join