It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Ever Have The Answer To How The Universe Was Created ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Explain how we are here. Non-existence would take less energy than what we call "existence". Explain why? How are we here? Existence must be an absolute. Otherwise it would not be. For existence to be absolute there must be an origin. An origin can only begin with one. How else? With one begets two. Two begets the many. How else? Explain.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: alldaylong

No!
Because the Universe is/was never 'created'.
Philosophically and scientifically, 'creation' is impossible!

If the laws that govern this universe were created with this universe(s), science goes out of the window. We can't say what is required to make a universe OUTSIDE of a universe, we can only speculate on how to create a universe within our universe. Our universe wasn't created in our universe though.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only change form, therefore it has always been and all that ever changes is the form that energy takes.

For beings that are born and die it's a hard concept to understand. But it's the only real logical conclusion. No mater what something always existed, and to me the laws of physics involving energy seems to confirm that.

If energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only altered in form, then there's no good reason to think it wasn't always so.

Then again maybe I'm just ignorant, physics is far from my specialty.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How would you react if you woke up and knew nothing? There seems to be a pattern of awareness. Any effort to document or reason the existence of existence is bound to be dissipated. Things exist. The real question is: What do you do about it? If existence is a fundamental reality, then one must live within it. Any dogma is the result of some kind of reason. Reason is a side effect of existence.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The answer is right there in the question Amigo! For the
love of God, what's so hard about this? There's even a book on it.
Hear yeh hear yeh read all about it.

Crack it open. If it was created it had to have a Creator, period.
edit on Rpm101516v06201600000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Life seems to be inevitable. If you have a pathway that satisfies then take it. Others may need a different pathway. In a universe with such diversity, one way is never the best for all. Think of all the kinds of life forms. Some swim, some fly, some walk, some run. We all take a path. It seems that there are many paths to survive this thing called life. Until life itself says you're done (for humans that's about 125 years max).

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: zookman44

Life seems to be inevitable. If you have a pathway that satisfies then take it. Others may need a different pathway. In a universe with such diversity, one way is never the best for all.

Um no, all roads lead home to comfort and love. If that doesn't
sound good to a person. Then that person must have some real issues.
edit on Rpm101516v18201600000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
How would you explain those who have the opportunity for home and love and do not take it? For example, those who have chosen to commit crimes, though they could have chosen a path that would keep them in touch with loving family. Home and comfort and love are some of the things that are desired by people, but these are not necessarily desired by all. Idealism tends to lead to a simplification toward sameness. If all believe the same way and behaved the same way then an ultimate final goal would seem reasonable. There are too many different points of view to provide this homogenous outlook.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No, we will never know. At least, not in this lifetime. Perhaps in the next lifetime (if there is one -- I am unconvinced) all will be revealed, but in the physical world we occupy now, there is no way to test or falsify any theory regarding what came before the universe (if anything), and certainly no way to test the meaning or purpose of it all.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I for one don't think we will ever have the answers.

Be optimistic, anything is possible...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That's the ultimate question, isn't it?

"Who are we?"
"What are we?"
"WHERE are we!?"
"Why are we here?"

Why are these the hardest questions? What IS the meaning of life? I, unfortunately, do not know. And neither will anyone else for that matter.

All I can is enjoy my time here. And APPRECIATE the beauty and LIFE that surrounds us. I don't believe we, as humans, are capable of fully understanding the universe.

I have only really tried to a handful of times only to end up pulling my own hair out because it's like when a kid repeatedly asks "why, why, why, why". Every question answered leads to another , more mind boggling, question to be answered.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm with Michio Kaku and Alan Guth on this one. The "absolute nothing" can never exist, there is always something. And given enough time, that "something" will produce a universe.

Basically, spacetime is endless and eternal, and the quantum fluctuations in vacuum energy can lead to appearance of "bubble universes". There are potentially an infinite number of universes in this multiverse.

This hypothesis makes the most logical sense to me.

Eternal Inflation

Will we ever know for sure that this is indeed the case? Probably not, but it's nice to hypothesise and construct ideas. Definitely better than saying "God did it".

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Apparently it is something to do with not enough people wearing hats.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
I'm content with God

God himself would also be a creation.

Which still leaves the question unanswered .

If God were not limited by time, were outside of it, so to speak, the question of first cause is moot.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Will we ever know for sure that this is indeed the case? Probably not, but it's nice to hypothesise and construct ideas. Definitely better than saying "God did it".

I don't know. An eternal universe is as unsatisfying an answer as saying 'God did it.' It's a step removed from 'God' and thus more straightforward which gives it the edge. Both are versions of 'turtles all the way down.'

I prefer the idea of a beginning even if we can't see past that singularity of the origin of our universe.

For now at least, we'll have to accept the limitations of what we know and quibble over which incomprehensible explanation we favour

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

No!
Because the Universe is/was never 'created'.
Philosophically and scientifically, 'creation' is impossible!
It is just a self-justifying and ignorant 'belief' programmed into religious 'drones'.
Anachronistic.

People create stuff all the time. It is the main process by which new things happen.

Please explain why you say creation is impossible, what is your line of reasoning?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yes I have no doubt we will eventually figure things out...

If we dont blow ourselves up before that point.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
I'm with Michio Kaku and Alan Guth on this one. The "absolute nothing" can never exist, there is always something. And given enough time, that "something" will produce a universe.

Basically, spacetime is endless and eternal, and the quantum fluctuations in vacuum energy can lead to appearance of "bubble universes". There are potentially an infinite number of universes in this multiverse.

This hypothesis makes the most logical sense to me.

Eternal Inflation

But since energy cannot be created or destroyed (as far as we have ever observed), where is all this nearly infinite amount of stuff (in all the bubble universes) coming from (assuming mass energy equivalence holds for all feasible bubble universes)?

And quantum fluctuations only make particles, not universes, and then only in situations where the virtual particles are prevented from re-annihalation (like extreme gavitational gradients).

You need massive vacuum energy to spawn a bubble universe and remember that the same quantum flux that may produce particles can also renormalize them back to virtuality and nothingness. To create a bubble universe is very difficult and unlikely.

Every solution of field equations has the 'universes' heading towards entropy, heat death and spatial dissipation far faster than any creation by quantum fluctuation. This means that all universes become empty, which is not what we observe in this universe.

Where does the spacetime, the dimensional substrate in which things exist, itself come from?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I would like to think that it is knowable.

Nearly everything we examine in physics has system, order and a reason why it is the way it is.

We are pushing our limits of knowledge further and further out as we explore mechanisms and processes revealed, initially hypothetically, but later supported by data.

As we gather more data, we will begin to see new possibilities and to eliminate false leads.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Existence is endless and beginningless, it has no one cause, it is ever changing and in motion. It simply forms galaxies and other phenomenon, which merge, rise, peak and decline and desintegrate. The waste matter then gets transformed just like everyting in nature is recycled somehow and eventually merges with other matter to form a new galaxy. This happens everywhere, existence is teeming with life, we are not the only planet with life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join