It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Trump campaign has become a Cult

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

No one is "blaming the victims". An example of blaming the victim would be "If you hadn't been rocking a camel toe, Trump wouldn't have grabbed your crotch".

His supporters think these women are lying and with good reasons IMHO.

As far as the chants to lock up Hillary, the reporters, and the "victims" go... defamation of character and slander are still crimes.

They aren't calling to lock up people who merely disagree with Trump, they're calling for justice against the criminally deceptive.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: odzeandennz

the cult-like following is evident on our very own ATS.

its very very odd. or maybe this is how it was for all prominent dictators/fascist etc. in fact this is almost exactly how it starts.
some bizarre, blind, personal, or emotional attachment to someone whit a demagogue-like strangle hold on the followers.
in fact, this is the same behavior defected cult members describe their time in a cult.

i love it.

odd is the perfect way to describe it.

We have Trump supporters here on ATS, that instead of trying to prove how Trump did not commit the sexual assaults he brags about having committed

So you're saying you want Trump supporters to try and prove a negative? Prove God didn't create the universe lol.

By the way, who did he brag about sexually assaulting? I must've missed that one.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
To be honest, all campaigns seem like a cult. Go to any political rally and it's like being in a church of Scientology.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Looks like his supporters have taken on a major Trump charactisic, unable to be criticized or held responsible for ones own actions. Instead, like their dear Furor, they want everyone who opposes them and their backwards logic to be locked up. You know who also does? Dictators and terrorists.

Once again, Trump and his deplorables continue to live in a world of relentless irony.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Looks like his supporters have taken on a major Trump charactisic, unable to be criticized or held responsible for ones own actions.

Trump acknowledge and apologized for what he said in the Access Hollywood tape.

What would Hillary do in the same situation? Delete another batch of emails or have someone murdered.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Muse. For what it is worth, I was in the Sun Myung Moon cult for four years in the early seventies. I saw and knew first hand, hundreds of innocent well intentioned people pulled into maniacal thought patterns in slow increments. I learned about authoritarian personalities first hand from sitting at Moons feet and have watched for the rise of these megalomaniac types since my escape. It took me more than a decade to re-orient myself in a manner that would help me stave off the madness that clung to me.

When I first heard of Trump and began to pay attention to him I could see the potential that he posed and kept an eye on him. His penchant for not creating so much but for usurping others creations and plastering his name on their products and achievements to bolster his 'brand' was classic image over substance.

Then a nationally syndicated TV station put him on TV as 'the Boss" at a time when our economy was in dire peril with people being laid off and fired left and right. In the midst of this chaos, many American people thrilled to the entertainment of a big blustery rich guy week after week telling people "you're fired"...And I knew that sooner or later his ego, no, his insatiable ego and self delusions would overcome any sense of reality he once might have had and he would run for president.

Now none of this is to deny that there are also many worshipful followers of Clinton. In fact, way back in 91 when Clinton was little more than a fifth ranked contender in the race for the D nomination I could see the seed of another 'messiah type' Then of course he played his sax on the Tonight Show and within a week or two had zoomed to the top of the rankings. His charm carried him over the top, and of course that he was running against that fascist Bush.

It's been pointed out many many times that the difference between a cult and a religion is only a matter of time and saturation of the cult's meme into the fabric of daily life and culture. With this in mind I can see Hillary's troops as religious followers where as a fair percentage of Trump supporters are cultists. They of course do not know it, just as my old friends in the Moonies, many of which are still engulfed in it do not know that they are now mad as haters without an inkling of their own madness.

One last thought on this is ironic. The Moonies, even though he is now dead, are arch conservatives. What's left of his church, and there are still many,under the auspices of his widow and his 'Divinely Conceived children are ardent Trump supporters. They know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it is God's Will that Trump win the election and that through him the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, with the help of the ever willing disciples of Moonism will overcome the forces of liberalism and Satan's strangle hold on the government of the United States.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

Trump acknowledge and apologized for what he said in the Access Hollywood tape.

What would Hillary do in the same situation? Delete another batch of emails or have someone murdered.

Source: Politico's wikileaks blog stream.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Why should Hillary supporters have all the fun and be the only cult?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe she should just say "I'm sorry IF this offended anyone". That seems to pass for a sincere apology these days.
Then maybe shrug her shoulders and say "ISIS is beheading people".

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Jesus Christ...i cannot wait for this election to be over. I don't even care that it'll result in my screwing over regardless. I just want the pain to freaking stop.

What scares me the most is that so many people seem to be actually willing to fight over these 2 turds.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I just want the pain to freaking stop.

It will be temporary. About 2.5 years.

Unless. Just maybe, the Republicans become Republicans again.

Nah. The internet won't be going away so the SNR will be just as bad.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Jesus Christ...i cannot wait for this election to be over. I don't even care that it'll result in my screwing over regardless. I just want the pain to freaking stop.

What scares me the most is that so many people seem to be actually willing to fight over these 2 turds.

Only one is a turd, a turd sandwich to be exact. The other one is a giant douche. Please, let's try to keep this straight.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Large cult. Maybe it would be safer to elect him?
The potential repercussions of the converse are worrisome.

It is of course safer to elect trump, but not because of the nonsense in the OP. More to do with the fact that Clinton is a maniac and likely to start WWIII.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

You are sexist.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

So everyone who doesn't support the globalist establishment candidate of Hillary Clinton is a deplorable cultist.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So everyone who doesn't support the globalist establishment candidate of Hillary Clinton is a deplorable cultist.

Certainly sounds like it doesn't it. It sounds like something a cult would accuse other people of...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm just afraid that if she wins, she will go all Falun Gong on Trump supporters.

I'm afraid for our lives!

Organ harvesting for the greater good!

isis will be her army of organ farmers. (if they don't eat the stuff first)

The scum of the earth will be in charge and nobody will live to tell about it after WW3, in 2019.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

No one is "blaming the victims". An example of blaming the victim would be "If you hadn't been rocking a camel toe, Trump wouldn't have grabbed your crotch".

His supporters think these women are lying and with good reasons IMHO.

It's the timing that I find off-putting.

I don't buy that they were 'triggered' by his denial in the debates.

The 'power' issues belying rape and sexual assault should have triggered these women when Trump was beginning to win the nomination.

The timing makes me, as a rape survivor and mother of a rape survivor, feel exploited.

It's three weeks out from the election and these women, just now, felt it was important to step forward and warn people about 'predator-Trump?'

Yes...I think Trump is a Clinton-plant, but I also think these women's stories are completely plausible based on Trump's own words and history. But the timing of all this feels planned and exploitative.

I can't shake it.

I refuse to call any of these accusers liars, at this point. I suspend judgment in that regard. But their timing makes me question their motive and the depth of their pain.

If they really cared, I cannot help but think they would have said something early in the primaries. Surely they would understand my cynicism.

Reporting rape is surprisingly a very difficult decision -- mainly for the fear that you might be accused of contributing and may even worry you did something to encourage it.

Of all the times to suddenly get the guts to do it and shed all fears that your motives, complicity, and guilt might be used against you and make things worse. You are going to finally tell your story when it looks like a politically motivated, 11th hour, October surprise???

I just feel like an issue close to my heart -- rape -- is being politically-exploited, and I don't like this feeling, at all.

edit on 15-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Do you think, in this current case, that rape is being politicized?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join