It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Trump campaign has become a Cult

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: muse7

IF the Trump campaign were a cult then the people voting for him would also have to like him and from what I see that isn't the case. Most Trump voters are against Hillary not for Trump.

The people that are still supporting him, do it because they like him.

The true fiscal/social conservatives and republicans jumped off the ship in the primaries and are mainly voting 3rd party.

If say your wrong Trump doesn't have alot of support. What he does have is a bunch of people that will do any thing to keep clinton out the white house. This election is which candidate do you hate the most and vote for the other guy.
edit on 10/15/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

IF the Trump campaign were a cult then the people voting for him would also have to like him and from what I see that isn't the case. Most Trump voters are against Hillary not for Trump.

You have missed Trump rallys then. It is some weird stuff. I understand I just typed I am voting Hillary since I am against Trump.

Yet, most of the people I have seen on ATS that support Trump, really like him. They think he will 'knock the hell out of ISIS', whatever that means and they think he is very smart and very business-smart. That is a problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Come on Phage, you've got two other candidates, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The real cult is the Clinton charade which condones and supports complete lawlessness in government, which is really anarchy. Totally off the reservation lawlessness and no accountability whatsoever which Clintonites could care less. Add to this magnified arrogance to the degree we are seeing and that translates to the end of our constitutional republic if that scum wins. Also known as the Hypocrisy party, which is why you think all those things belong to Trump. They belong even more to Clinton and her hypocritical supporters. Keep looking in the mirror when you post threads, eventually you will see your own reflection coming back from your accusations against others, but then hypocrisy is a type of blindness and sometimes it is permanent unto death.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If you're interested in a real scientific breakdown of cult psychology check this out:
Dark Mind Sciences: The Cult of PC
And this:
Inside a University Ceremonial PC Cult Chamber (Safe Space)

In the first one I carry on about how all political parties and related mass social groups have a tendency to become religious cult like. And discuss how many have been deliberately bent on such, while highlighting the worst one we've ever seen in US history.

The exhibited violence thus far by the opposition has been many times fold over:
Social Justice Assault Warriors TV Marathon!

I see that a a perfect metric to show that we should expect more diehard Hillary people to cling on post-victory.

The Left's social engineering slam dunks this scope.

She is lacking the rally enthusiasm, but then again maybe they have smaller rallies on purpose because she might not be after to handle large crowds without seizures / motion sickness / 'over heating' etc.

And if she wins and expands her "National Service" brownshirt brigades even scarier.

And her WW3 ambitions basically ensures that outcome.

It's not to say this kind of jist couldn't or wouldn't come from the true diehard's sheople of the Trump side. I know post-victory unless he seriously lives up to some semblance of expectations he'll end up on the full brunt of my usual Bush/Obama/Hillary expose treatment methods. It's just, with Hillary we know without the shadow of a doubt she's the worst kind so for now I'm all in against her.
edit on 15-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I laugh plenty, especially when someone makes comments like yours.
If it was meant to be humor then I apologize. I didn't read it as that and humor doesn't translate over a board like this very well.
I did take it as humors tho, but because I thought you were serious and really felt your idea of a cult had been stolen.

And if it helps you sleep at night you can keep thinking I support Hillary.

link   
When these last agonizing 23 days are over, does OP and their blatant ATS counterpart get to resume writing headlines for the National Enquirer?
The Vitriol Force is strong with this one...

link   

the cult-like following is evident on our very own ATS.

its very very odd. or maybe this is how it was for all prominent dictators/fascist etc. in fact this is almost exactly how it starts.
some bizarre, blind, personal, or emotional attachment to someone whit a demagogue-like strangle hold on the followers.
in fact, this is the same behavior defected cult members describe their time in a cult.

i love it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The potential victory of Hillary Clinton was bound to create some extreme backlash given how high her 'strong' unfavorable ratings are and have been historically.

The inverse is true, as well, given how high Trump's 'strong' unfavorable ratings are.

Two sides overrun with rabid haters and irrational defenders.

funny you bring up favorability ratings...

Trump's nasty rhetoric has made people like Hillary more and more!

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Yes. I am aware.

Hillary got so lucky *ahem* that republicans nominated someone less likable than her.

Yep, her supporters really, really hate Trump...they are VERY 'extreme.' More extreme in their hate than Trump supporters -- if the polls are accurate.

Extremists on both sides. The edge to the anti-Trump folks though. Trump is really, extremely hated by many in the *uh* Hillary cult.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Ah my beloved leader

ksiezyc, I am terribly sorry to break this to you. Not only did he never have a chance, he might have done this for Clinton the entire time. That theory was even a bit far for me. I never believed it. But today, he called for pre-debate drug tests.

Snap out of it!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

the cult-like following is evident on our very own ATS.

its very very odd. or maybe this is how it was for all prominent dictators/fascist etc. in fact this is almost exactly how it starts.
some bizarre, blind, personal, or emotional attachment to someone whit a demagogue-like strangle hold on the followers.
in fact, this is the same behavior defected cult members describe their time in a cult.

i love it.

odd is the perfect way to describe it.

We have Trump supporters here on ATS, that instead of trying to prove how Trump did not commit the sexual assaults he brags about having committed, they try to normalize them and pass them off as just "locker-room talk."

edit on 15-10-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, I understand that, it's partly my fault because I do not use those smiley faces, because they look extremely scary and just dumb. The only one that I like is this one

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Picture the larger group NOT caring about your FEELINGS and caring MORE about this..www.theblaze.com... lthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Firewire%20-%20HORIZON%2010-15-16%20FINAL&utm_term=Firewire

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

All hail the glorious orange one. Join us, we have spiked kool-aid.

Seriously though, this election sucks. It takes a significant amount of willful blindness to find either candidate appealing. As opposed to the majority who will be voting for one just because they aren't the other.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sageturkey
When these last agonizing 23 days are over, does OP and their blatant ATS counterpart get to resume writing headlines for the National Enquirer?
The Vitriol Force is strong with this one...

Why would I write headlines for the National Enquirer? They endorsed Trump.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The Trump campaign has become a Cult

Nice example of projection.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah, how convenient.
Well there you go then, a perfect opportunity to hijack another forum.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ummm...hold the hemlock...aaand...I'm not really thirsty just now...

Thanks all the same...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Haha my comment was a pure joke to trigger and succeeded. I'll be voting for him for what he says. I don't need a nice guy president. Hell, if it's true what you say then whatever. But I don't believe that so I'll vote for him.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Statism is a cult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join