It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Trump campaign has become a Cult

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Really scary stuff.

The fact hit me a few minutes after I entered the Charlotte Convention Center on Friday night and heard supporters openly blaming the women who’ve recently come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting them. The Trump faithful were more than ready to cut down anyone standing in their leader’s way.

“They’re gold diggers,” I heard an old woman say.

“Let’s call them what they are,” said a woman in a “Proud Deplorable” shirt. “They’re whores.”

The “lock her up” chant, usually reserved for Hillary Clinton, has grown to encompass anybody who threatens the Trump cult.

Last night it was his accusers.

"Lock them up, lock them up."

The FBI who chose not to indict Clinton.

The dishonest media.

New Republic

Now his rallies are full of people chanting for him to jail anyone who dares criticizes or opposes him, they also are chanting for him to jail members of the media if he wins.

Comparing him to Mussolini or the NSDAP might not be so far fetched after all.

Interestingly enough, I looked up what the warning signs of a cult were and here they are..

- Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
- No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
- No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
- Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
- There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
- Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
- There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
- Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
- The group/leader is always right.
- The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Cult warning signs

Sound familiar?
edit on 15-10-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Large cult. Maybe it would be safer to elect him?
The potential repercussions of the converse are worrisome.
edit on 10/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, i was among the first people here on ATS who said there's a Hillary loving cult a couple of months back. So, I'm not sure how I feel when these tabloid newspapers take my hard working effort in to creating that definition, basically steal it from me, don't credit me, and worst of all, change it!

There is a cult; a cult of worshiping a lying, corrupted, murderous criminal that's Hillary Clinton

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

IF the Trump campaign were a cult then the people voting for him would also have to like him and from what I see that isn't the case. Most Trump voters are against Hillary not for Trump.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
If I recall correctly, i was among the first people here on ATS who said there's a Hillary loving cult a couple of months back. So, I'm not sure how I feel when these tabloid newspapers take my hard working effort in to creating that definition, basically steal it from me, don't credit me, and worst of all, change it!

There is a cult; a cult of worshiping a lying, corrupted, murderous criminal that's Hillary Clinton

You seem to get deeply offended when someone criticizes your dear leader.

Don't worry, after the election you can still continue worshipping him.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Self absorbed much??

You don't own all ideas of a following being a cult...

But a "I know you are but what am !" response is par to the course when Don is in question.
edit on thSat, 15 Oct 2016 17:35:05 -0500America/Chicago1020160580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Thank You for bringing this up. Thom Hartmann had something to say on this topic.

You see, one of the startling facts of history is that nations, just like people, can be taken over by cults. Most of the time these national cults are benign and gentle like Canada’s love for hockey. But sometimes these cults are brutal and destructive.

They’re more than just cults; they’re death cults, and they destroy everyone and everything that belongs to them. The two greatest examples of this in the 20th century are Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

In Nazi Germany, the majority of Germans literally thought that Hitler was the reincarnation of Jesus who was going to usher in a 1000 year Reich, and so they followed him into the most destructive war the world has ever known.

Meanwhile, in Japan, the people thought that their emperor was descended from the sun god and were so hopped up on xenophobic nationalism that they crashed planes into our ships thinking it would bring them into eternal favor with the god-emperor.

This what death cults do - they use myths to convince regular people to participate in evil.

In the end, what ultimately destroyed the German and Japanese death cults was war. When Germany and Japan lost World War II, their people saw for the first time how their societies had been hijacked by evil, and they rejected it.

edit on 15-10-2016 by desert because: sp

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Then you are sticking your head in the sand.
He obviously has very strong pro Trump following. In fact people won't stop saying how that is prove positive that if he doesn't win the whole thing was rigged since day one.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

IF the Trump campaign were a cult then the people voting for him would also have to like him and from what I see that isn't the case. Most Trump voters are against Hillary not for Trump.

The people that are still supporting him, do it because they like him.

The true fiscal/social conservatives and republicans jumped off the ship in the primaries and are mainly voting 3rd party.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Never heard of humor?

What's up with you people, it's like you never laugh. Is that a requirement for being a follower of Hillary Clinton? You're supposed to laugh only when scheduled by a foreign handler or how does that work?

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

There is no Hillary Loving Cult. If you have been paying attention, 99% of people here supporting Clinton is to be against Trump. I would not call that a cult. I would call that "I CANNOT do this, and I like my Party and many of the things it stands for, so I need to do THIS".

link   
We will never be good enough. Come on, members, it's time we drink our spiked cool-aid

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Metallicus

The people that are still supporting him, do it because they like him.

The true fiscal/social conservatives and republicans jumped off the ship in the primaries and are mainly voting 3rd party.

You are right, they are gone.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That's why I refer to them as acolytes.

They have been increasing in their violent rhetoric as well & remember some of the most horrific atrocities throughout history have been in the name of the religulous.

K~

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The potential victory of Hillary Clinton was bound to create some extreme backlash given how high her 'strong' unfavorable ratings are and have been historically.

The inverse is true, as well, given how high Trump's 'strong' unfavorable ratings are -- they are higher than Hillary's.

Two sides overrun with rabid haters and irrational defenders. The edge goes to the anti-Trump folks. Barely. But they absolutely hate Trump more...if the polls are to be believed.

edit on 15-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   
Careful.

Don't mention a Democrat cult.

link   

Ah my beloved leader

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I for one will always look at the actions of someone, before what they are saying.

People can say whatever the heck they want, but at the end, the only thing that matters is their actions. And those people who claim that they dislike a lying, corrupted, murderous criminal, are never to be seen on threads dealing with Hillary issues.

But, this is off topic, let's not derail this wonderful tabloid thread, even though I really need my paycheck. Where do I sign on the list for being raped by Trump?

Kidding, of course...
edit on 640k2016Saturdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Yea for us!

We have the two worse candidates! Ever.

Sometimes I wish Al Gore had never invented the internet.
edit on 10/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Phage

The potential victory of Hillary Clinton was bound to create some extreme backlash given how high her 'strong' unfavorable ratings are and have been historically.

The inverse is true, as well, given how high Trump's 'strong' unfavorable ratings are.

Two sides overrun with rabid haters and irrational defenders.

funny you bring up favorability ratings...

Trump's nasty rhetoric has made people like Hillary more and more!

www.realclearpolitics.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join