It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcement regarding Benevolent Heretic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Best wishes, BH. I hope you have a full and speedy recovery. Been enjoying your posts for years and can't wait for your return.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic
Hey now. Sorry to hear about stroke being the cause of life disruption. I went through this with my mother going on two years ago, I know exactly what thats like.

Like lightning from the sky, they don't call it 'stroke' for nothing. My mother recovered most of her faculties, BH is really fortunate to be walking around, my mom was to. Thats a mild stroke. Hopefully she follows doctors order to keep within her triad of treatment; medication, diet and exercise, to prevent further strokes during her recovery.

Hang in there Benevolent Heretic, all my best patience to you and your care giver. If theres any questions I can answer about the recovery process, pitfalls and side effects, don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Very sorry to hear this news but glad that she has had some improvement. I hope that continues.

BH - I've enjoyed your threads about the dogs very much over the years and hope they are a comfort to you. I wish you well in your recovery and for your happiness.
edit on 16-10-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I wish her the best.

Look up the Jazz guitarist Pat Martino for some hope an inspiration.

He became one of the best Jazz guitarists in history.....twice.

He had to relearn the guitar from his students and albums eventually fully recovering from amnesia after a large portion of his brain was removed from an anerism that nearly killed him .

m.nautil.us...

edit on 16-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I too have loved Benevolents threads about her wounderful dogs over the years. I hope she has a very speedy recovery and is back posting soon. My thoughts go out to you and your family BH.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Praying for you both!! We'll hold down the fort.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic
Greetings ATS community. I have the honor of sharing life in the real world with Benevolent Heretic.

On Saturday, October 8, 2016, at about 8:30 AM MDT, BH suffered a mild stroke.

She is unable to process language very well at this time, nor is she able to focus on fine details. Operating a computer and participating here is beyond her capabilities at the moment.

We are counting our blessings. She is not paralyzed, not dead and not brain damaged, or at least not very much. She can walk around and take care of herself for the most part, but cannot do many normal tasks. She has a lot of trouble communicating, in both directions. She has a lot of memory loss right now.

She wanted me to let this community know what has happened to her, and that she loves you all, even those of you with whom she strongly disagrees. She has for the most part enjoyed her time here, and will miss her friends and honorable challengers.

At this time, we do not know if she will ever be back or not. She is at elevated risk for another stroke (a normal thing for stroke afflicted people) for a while yet. She has improved dramatically since this happened, but still has communication trouble. We expect and hope that she will recover fully, but right now it is a big unknown.

If anyone has any message for her, please post it here and I will see that she gets it. She may not understand it, so it is best to keep it short and plain. But I will do my best to see she understands things, and will post here any replies she may have.

Do not send her a U2U or anything like that, she is not using her computer and won't get it.
I am so sorry to hear that! Benevolent heretic is one of the posters I've interacted with and enjoyed. I wish her the best and speedy recovery.

(post by avp251 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wish you many sunny days dear Heretic.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: avp251
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

this post will be removed

But in the meantime - Benevolent Heretic is one of the most respected members here

The fact that she uses her mind in a way that you can't must just destroy you

She'll make a full recovery - and you will be invisible and forgotten

edit on 10/16/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Oct 16 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: avp251

Even though Hillary is the Epitome of Evil to Me and others I'm sure, She is still a Person. ( I know, barely, but still a person. I think...)

Benevolent Heretic is a Person and I'm sure She has Friends and Loved ones Who care about Her.
Also there are many here Who care what happens to Her...

I join the rest here Who hope for the speedy recovery of This Woman... Syx

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I think you are the only one thinking that.

(Edited out the vile post I replied to.)

edit on 16-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Not the time or the thread to bring in politics.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

edit on 16-10-2016 by zazzafrazz because: Urgh....gross. NM, They go low, We Go HIGH

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

We are so much more than our politics. We are sons and daughters, husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters. We love our families and we love our pets. We probably have more in common than we have in differences. I'm sorry you can't see beyond the politics.

The difference between you and me? I may disagree vehemently with some on this board, and I may not ever be good friends with some here, but I would NEVER wish harm to come to anyone, and I would NEVER be happy that someone else is suffering.

Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I hope you get well soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
Having dealt with strokes in my family, I know that each is different but those who devote themselves to therapy do recover. I've no doubt that BH will be back with us.
I've also observed that the role of caregiver is exhausting simply because all the symptoms of the damage done to the brain by stroke don't always manifest immediately. While physical recovery can be quick at times, the mental and emotional recovery takes far longer. Don't neglect the emotional, mental therapy because for both of you it can be of equal importance with the physical. If there is a stroke support group in your area, take advantage of their knowledge and experiences.
My best wishes to you and your family.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I am really sorry to hear she has had a stroke.My husband has had three
and I know it's not good.Prayers for her healing and quick return here.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

My thoughts are with you and Benevolent Heretic and hopes for a full and speedy recovery , please give her my best.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: SyxPak
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: zazzafrazz
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thank you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join