It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcement regarding Benevolent Heretic

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Brings a smile every time we see you post.
I wish you continued healing and lots of love surrounding you especially during the holidays.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

I wanted to share with you and BH that my children's father suffered a mild stroke on Monday. I suppose I am still somewhat in shock and disbelief and perhaps Open Minded Skeptic can relate.

Looking back, all of the classic warning signs were there. My mother had experienced TIAs throughout her life and one rather major incident that left her handicapped as a young child and one major incident in '08 but, lasting effects were essentially unnoticeable. Perhaps due to her age, existing disabilities and the fact that dementia had already begun as they increased with frequency. It has affected the part of his brain that controls motor skills, coordination and vision etc.

I'll be making calls today to get physical therapy started. The deep sadness in his eyes that don't, yet, see clearly causes a pain in my heart that I didn't think possible to feel. The fear and uncertainty expressed in his voice as he searches for words to fit his thoughts chills me to the bone and with all of my experience in a 'health related' field and with my own mother I am left feeling completely and utterly helpless. Watching and guiding him on his new set of legs (the walker) as he stares at the floor no doubt wondering why, as it turns out that, he isn't immortal.

He is so young and I know that the damage may not be permanent but, he is so tired. I think he was tired before this from all of his other health issues. I think that's why he's always seemed so ablaze, ever searching and never content. I think he's trying to live a lifetime in half years.

Sorry to lament about my own experience in your thread but, I just wanted you all to know that you are not alone and some of us will be following your journey a little more closely and garnering strength from your experiences.

Keep up the good work!

edit on 8-12-2016 by TNMockingbird because: structure

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I am sorry! I cried as my husband listened your news... I hope you let others here (ATS) can give you the support that Open Minded Skeptic did as he needed it. I hope that made sense. Do you have family to help you out?

I will be watching to hear how are and how are you are doing.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So sorry to hear that.
Prayers for him as well for what it's worth. So many ATSers having just an awful year.

Peace.
edit on 12/8/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Thank you BH for taking time to respond and to OMS as well.

You are precious to think of others at this time.

His family is near and I'm sure will come when he feels he is ready. He is at the moment, not open to receiving calls and visits. He did allow me to help him update his own facebook, which was good IMO, as there were many folks who were worried.

((hugs))

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
So sorry to hear that.
Prayers for him as well for what it's worth. So many ATSers having just an awful year.
Peace.

It is worth a lot, thank you.

This year does seem to be especially trying. I wonder if it is, truly, or the world seems such a dark and lonely place for so many that it just hits us harder as we may already be weak from the adversities of daily life.

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh jeez, I am so sorry to hear this! We are definitely keeping you and your friend in our thoughts, what you are going through now is definitely not the most fun imaginable.

You will both be finding depths of strength, love, hope and fear in yourselves that you may have had no idea existed at all. This kind of experience is a real lesson on what is important in life and what is not.

In our adventure with this we have learned a lot about which communication between us is important and which is not. The love and dedication we have towards each other is in the first category, and the other 98% of trivial conflict and so on we used to spend so much time on is definitely in the second.

Please give him our best wishes when you can, he and you are indeed not alone in this.

lol... reading this over, I see I am very "definite" about several things... in a world where "definite" has almost gone away... we are living now mostly in a way that a wise Aphasiac put it once:

"One day at a day"

That's about all we can do.

My best regards and respects to you as you start this new adventure.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You know that I am praying and here for you always Hun! I agree that you should start a thread about this if you haven't already. The ATS community has always been here for me when I needed them the most. It does help.

Much love!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
OMS and BH, I am still here and keeping an eye on this thread. Much love to you both!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I am sorry! I cried as my husband listened your news... I hope you let others here (ATS) can give you the support that Open Minded Skeptic did as he needed it. I hope that made sense. Do you have family to help you out?

I will be watching to hear how are and how are you are doing.

Good to see you posting.

Being you - - in your thoughtfulness of others.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you, that means a lot. Your many kind words here have meant a great deal to both BH and myself. Bless your heart.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm very sorry to hear that. You'll all be in my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Checking in

I'm not going to let you disappear in the craziness

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I had no idea. I hope you are recovering well! You better be!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hey where did she go??

Hey girl. We miss you in the shed.

Come sit down and have a rest.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Still peeping in and hoping progress is good.

Your words and messages have meant a lot to me.

Just wanted to check in on you and let you know your cheering section is still here.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

Best wishes for a full recovery.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Still here. Hope you are improving day by day!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How are you doing, BH? I hope you're still making progress and doing well. Have a safe Christmas and have a happy new year.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Friends...

My thoughts are to you all. Have a wonderful Christmas time. Share the love and know that my feelings are still there. Things are different here now, so my things here are different to be here. The love for you people don't change for me. What you have done for me always appreciate your words.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join