It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Announcement regarding Benevolent Heretic

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

That's really good news! Maybe one day, when you feel she might be ready, perhaps play her this, and see if it jogs any memories. Remember that time BH and I teamed up on that sultry blues/rock tune together? It was called "Sweet Touch", and the podcast is still available here, and only here, at ATS:

Direct link to music mp3 file:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd be curious if she remembers it. Music transcends all boundaries, and regardless of our political differences, I will always remember that tune! It would be so great to do another one sometime. I sincerely hope she recovers enough to be able to sing again.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Wow, that was wonderful!!!! Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
BH, Still thinking of you Honey, praying and sending positive vibes. Much love and light!

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
BH you've been my favorite member since you joined. I truly hope you make a full recovery and get to continue making fantastic contributions here! I believe you have the strength it will take.
edit on 22-10-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OMS, thank you so much for the notice, and the updates. I wish you and Jaia all the best!

BH, Thank YOU!

You've always fought the good fight, keeping alive part of the ATS that us old timers remember and reminisce for. I know I've taken a few extended breaks, but your posts always make ATS feel like the online home that we love and remember fondly.

I know you've never been one to shy away from a challenge, and I wish you all the best as your wonderfully strong spirit works to regain control of the vehicle we call a physical body. Take your time, and know that you are appreciated. I look forward to seeing you back again soon! With your powerful spirit and determination... I have no doubts that your daily progress will soon astonish those around you once the ball really gets rolling.
edit on 10/23/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Good morning BH! I hope that you are continuing to improve. We are all here rooting you on and looking forward to your return!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

WOW! That was amazing. Thanks for sharing. Great voice and great music.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

What a grand idea to post that again for her! I bet she remembers it and smiles.

My very best to you BH. Be well Darling girl. It's like a marathon, you must take it one mile at a time, but you WILL reach the finish line.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Please forgive the update hiatus (again!)... I took a trip to go see BH in person so was gone for a few days. Wonderful visit...

She is doing really well, all things considered. She had her first speech therapy session and it went well. The official diagnosis is Wernicke's Aphasia, characterized by problems communicating both ways, but possibly more trouble understanding than speaking. She was talking in pretty complete sentences while I was there, just with some words either not really words, or words with some letters switched around or words that are words but the wrong word for what she is trying to say. She still has a lot of trouble writing or typing as well. From what we can tell, her cognition is actually fine, it's just a problem with the comm channels in and out.

TrueAmerican, that is a GREAT idea, thank you! Yes, I definitely remember that, and I will get the link to her so she can listen to it again... she will like that.

So that's the news for now, and as always thank you all for the kind words and all of the wonderful pictures, doggie and otherwise.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
She has a nice voice. Is this the only one you two did together?

(post by dodikmulyanto removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic
From what we can tell, her cognition is actually fine, . . . :

I'll take it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That sounds like some pretty good news overall. Many thanks for the update and please give our regards to BH!

I never even knew this existed! Wow... what a great voice she has!
And you did a great job with the instruments and all the engineering.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm so glad you had a lovely visit with BH and that she is doing well. I know it will take time, but she is a fighter and I just know she will be fine. Much love to you both!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thank you.

It's good to hear that things are looking better all the time.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am missing her, every day. I was just telling another friend about what happened....after he mentioned three of his friends had recently died - one of an aneurysm, one in an accident, and the third of liver disease.

Recently I was frequently meeting dogs who had come with their owners to our function. It was awesome. Every time I saw a German Shepherd, I thought of BH.......

my little dog had a seizure at about midnight on Oct 15......appeared to be an epilectic type of thing. But Mr Wigs was out of town, and I was there alone with her and our other dog and two cats.....

I held her while the seizure ran its course - she's never had one before, nor since. Perhaps it was a stress-induced fit, but I'll never know.

It was scary for both of us, and she's part Sheltie, which lovelies are prone to seizing. Anyway - love to her, and Jaia, and you too. I know some people say that "social media" is lame. But it actually does help us all stay connected.....

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If BH is in the RG valley and their's anything I can do to help...u2u me and I'm there.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Thank you for the update and please let her know we're ALL pulling for her.

I can't wait to see her back on the site. :-)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Very short message for Benevolent. Please just give her a loving hug for me. I know how it is to have health knock a person around unexpectedly, just a hug to her please. Thank you and sorry to hear what has happened to her, and also you OMS. Positive vibes being sent.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Oh man, I don't know how I missed noticing this, but I did. I'm so sorry to hear about this and she will be in my prayers.

It's good to read things are going a positive direction

Please give her my well wishes and I hope we see her back to posting real soon. She is an important part of ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join