It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Militia members arrested in alleged plot targeting Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment complex that’s home to Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City, a thwarted attack prosecutors say was planned for the day after the November election.

3 Militia members arrested in alleged plot targeting Muslims

Well this is interesting (although not very shocking). Apparently the guys were in a militia group of sovereign citizens. We have heard this quite a few times in the past and it makes me wonder if the FBI informants got into the group and helped to do some instigating! As other has said, between the rise of Islamophobia and the sovereign citizens thinking they can do whatever they please, these guys appear to be a ticking time bomb.

The men are members of a small militia group that calls itself “the Crusaders,” and whose members espouse sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs, according to the complaint. The complaint alleges group members chose the target based on their hatred for Muslims, people of Somali descent and immigrants - and out of a desire to inspire other militia groups and “wake people up.”

The FBI began a domestic terrorism investigation of the group in February, and a confidential source attended its meetings in southwestern Kansas.

We have seen in the past that the FBI is already very weary of the sovereign citizen movement here, so it makes me wonder if this will be used as further ammunition against these folks? Can't say it's necessarily a bad thing.

The FBI considers sovereign-citizen extremists as comprising a domestic terrorist movement, which, scattered across the United States, has existed for decades, with well-known members, such as Terry Nichols, who helped plan the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, bombing. Sovereign citizens do not represent an anarchist group, nor are they a militia, although they sometimes use or buy illegal weapons. Rather, they operate as individuals without established leadership and only come together in loosely affiliated groups to train, help each other with paperwork, or socialize and talk about their ideology. They may refer to themselves as “constitutionalists” or “freemen,” which is not necessarily a connection to a specific group, but, rather, an indication that they are free from government control.

I look forward to hearing more information on this story, although I doubt we will hear much more than what is already released!
edit on 15-10-2016 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sovereign citizen movement people think they can do whatever they want irrespective of the laws, whether just or not.

Maybe the FBI did egg them on. But it doesn't take much to egg on people who are already willing to commit violence.

This isn't a militia. It's a domestic terrorist cell.

I may not agree with bringing in Islamic refugees, but killing people for no other reason than they are Muslim is the exact thing the government wants in order to push their agenda.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The government actually thwarted a real terrorist act?

...out of a desire to inspire other militia groups and “wake people up.”

I bet their bible is the "Turner Diaries".

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
With all the fear about bringing in refugees I wonder who suffers more at the hands of others... Americans or Arabs.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Sovereign citizen movement people think they can do whatever they want irrespective of the laws, whether just or not.

Maybe the FBI did egg them on. But it doesn't take much to egg on people who are already willing to commit violence.

This isn't a militia. It's a domestic terrorist cell.

I may not agree with bringing in Islamic refugees, but killing people for no other reason than they are Muslim is the exact thing the government wants in order to push their agenda.

I agree completely. I wasn't trying to defend these guys at all!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is already another thread open about this. Try using the search function

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I did search, and didn't find it. The keywords Kansas, militia, bomb, Somalian, etc all brought back nothing.

It it's already posted, my apologies.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

OK I found it here - the title is pretty misleading and since it was in the political mud pit that rendered it almost invisible to me.

Trump Supporters Charged with Domestic Terrorism

Mods please delete!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
There is already another thread open about this. Try using the search function

In the political mud pit. Not even close to the same discussion.

Try learning the rules of the site. One thread can be in Breaking news, and another in a different forum.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Excuse me sir knowsalot.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You've confused sovereign citizens with politicians.

Sovereign citizenship means you believe government begins with the individual, not the collective. This is hardly an extreme view. Actually whats extreme is thinking two neighbors can consent a third neighbor to a debt of taxes in a 2-1 vote.

Clinton and the others can and do whatever they want irrespective of the laws, whether just or not. I wonder how you will react with this news.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

And it's idiots like this that the gov't is more worried about than Muslim terrorists, which is all very ironic! Trump supporting militia morons who feed on the anti Islam/refugee rhetoric! A circle jerk of hate and ignorance in combination with guns sooner or later will erupt into violence against innocent people.

Morons, the lot of them!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

OK I found it here - the title is pretty misleading and since it was in the political mud pit that rendered it almost invisible to me.

Trump Supporters Charged with Domestic Terrorism

Mods please delete!!!

No, dont delete.

That thread is a deplorable political baiting crap pit.

This thread is properly framed for anybody interested in the actual situation with this story.

It's a good thing the FBI did their job and caught these scum before they could commit atrocities that might beget yet more atrocities.

Terrorism (intimidation / violence) & atrocities (violence / murder) against innocents should never be tolerated. The thinking that leads to it should always be realized, picked apart, and evolved away from.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

And yet there are so many examples of them acting as if laws don't apply to them. With deadly consequences.

Don't deflect from their philosophical guilt.

I firmly believe in individual liberty. But that ends where the rights of others begin.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok, let me get this right, the bought off crappy FBI, have not problems finding domestic American militia wannabe terrorist before they commit their crime, but can not find middle eastern terrorist in our soil until they go jihad and kill Americans innocents citizens.

Interesting.
edit on 15-10-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Ok, let me get this right, the bought off crappy FBI, have not problems finding domestic American militia wannabe terrorist before they commit their crime, but can not find middle eastern terrorist in our soil until they go jihad and kill Americans innocents citizens.

Interesting.
Can you name one terror attack that was committed by a non American citizen since 9/11? Hold on. I'll wait.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Yes I forgot, in American foreigners from the middle east are considered Americans once they are born from immigrant parents or got their citizenship, like that people like you can call them domestic terrorist so they are not longer recognized as jihadist from the middle east.

The irony.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

I don't think the desire to live free from Government is a bad thing, however, killing people for anything other than self-defense is disgusting.

If only our Government could agree that killing people for no reason is bad. Kind of ironic that these people got arrested for something the Government does every damn day.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: fractal5

And yet there are so many examples of them acting as if laws don't apply to them. With deadly consequences.

Don't deflect from their philosophical guilt.

I firmly believe in individual liberty. But that ends where the rights of others begin.
Sovereign Citizens could kill 100 million people tomorrow and they'd still have several hundred million to go to catch up with the viscous killings committed by politicians. Your speculation that sovereign citizens are more dangerous than politicians is wild and simply wrong.

We trust mentally insane people with nukes every day. But apparently sovereign citizens cannot be trusted to run their own lives by you. I'm sorry no, dangerous people belong in jail. Sovereign citizens are safe people to the best of my knowledge. The OP isn't directed at three specific people... it is directed at soverign citizens in general, and therefore I'm deflecting nothing but rather responding in defense to those being wrongfully attacked by the OP.

If you believe in liberty, then you above all others should know that sovereignty begins with the individual and not the collective, and that the OP is nothing more than ignorance taking advantage of three people's possibly empty threats to smear a group that has little to do with them.

Militias are the ones who are responsible with guns. The US Army are the ones who actually go around spraying bullets everywhere, killing tens or hundreds of thousands in the last couple decades. Who should I trust? The people who actually kill people with guns, or the people in the militias who swear a duty to the US constitution and have killed less than one person per year? I think my vote of safety goes with the people who have not knowingly and purposely killed villages of women and children in Iraq recently.

The OP is the one deflecting guilt from specific people to an innocent group. I have no problem with labels and generalizations, but the OP gets it all wrong. Its the US government that will kill you or imprison you if you don't carefully follow orders. The militias are not sending me an annual extortion threat saying to pay money or go to jail via the IRS. I like being safe, so I like militias. I don't like extortion, so I don't like the IRS. Dangerous people belong in jail. The terrorists in this story should go to jail only after Clinton and Obama go to jail... those two actually get people killed whereas the terrorists in this story only talk about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why do all these idiots have to be from Kansas?

If they want to kill Muslims so bad pack them on a plane drop the in the middle of Isis controlled territory with no cloths or guns and tell them to have a nice day. That would serve the b@$%=rds right.

I can't stand ignorant hate spewing bigots and when they cross the line into domestic terrorist well lets just say the punishment should help to teach a lesson to all other would be terrorist.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join