It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Biggest Storm in History" 150 mph winds and 50-foot waves to Pummel West Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: collietta

originally posted by: underwerks
Seattle isn't ready for any type of extreme weather. I live a little south of the city and yesterday power was out in some places just from the wind the night before, which wasn't really that bad. Bug out bags ready and I have an inflatable raft to jump in too if needed lol. This is my first winter in Washington so I'm not sure what to expect. I didn't know typhoons ever hit up here.

I used to live in Puget Sound, moved three years ago to southwest Washington.
This is a normal storm. We just hadn't had one in a few years. Areas of Seattle lose power because of tree limbs falling. Seattle won't flood if you're on a hill, and that's most of Seattle.

When I lived in Kent, the lower parts did flood, but it was from uncleared storm drains. The dam up the green river did break, but they knew about it beforehand and lined the river with a barrier wall. It wasn't catastrophic. If you lose power, power workers are experts and will restore the lines quickly.
Snow in western Washington is more serious because they don't have enough plows and the hills. A few years ago people were stuck on the freeway.
But this isn't snow and snow is rare. In winter we get remnants of tropical storms. Its what keeps the winters mild and gives the area it's rainy reputation.

Right on I had no idea. Listening to the news it sounds like a hurricane is about to hit haha. I'm used to bad storms in the south so it's weird to me people are freaking out. I'd love to see it snow sometime, even if the city would shut down.

Snow is awesome. Everyone gets a snow day, and I remember seeing on the news some people would sled down some of Seattle's hills. I'm sure there's videos of past snow on YouTube.
Honestly, I think the news is freaking out for ratings and to educate those who moved here without researching first. Our storms are dangerous, trees do uproot and their can be floods. But a lot of people here are transplants from drier areas and don't realize this is why we are green .

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Biggest storm for that part of the coast? Every new storm gets labeled "biggest ever".

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to it.

Have the whiskey on hand, some good food, will make some sweet lovin' to the wife, and watch some football.

About time after no rain since last April.
edit on 15-10-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
does this mean the drought in California will be over? they wanted water now they will be getting plenty of it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
California wants a snowpack. Not rain.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
does this mean the drought in California will be over? they wanted water now they will be getting plenty of it.

Their logo totally makes sense..

Under water

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
50ft tiddlers

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
50ft tiddlers

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

And in San DIego the forecast is for 71, mostly sunny, 70 mostly sunny, 71 mostly sunny, followed by 83 and sunny on Wednesday, 88 and sunny and then 90 and sunny for Friday.

edit on 16-10-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Biggest storm for that part of the coast? Every new storm gets labeled "biggest ever".

Al Gore started all this weather hype to make man look bad. Then he invented the internet. Or was it the other way around?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

Nothing personal against anyone in California. As long as USGS can warn the coastal citizens to flee, then it would be prophetic if the west banks were flushed away (as predicted by the military, previously). If it were to happen, I hope that someone on ATS would be able to predict it!

I won't show the video directly on ATS to stay within T&C, but here is Tool- Ænema. Your post made me think of that song for some reason. I've been to the Salton Sea one time, and those people should move out of there! Learn to swim!

Link - Tool - Ænema

The hurricane recently, then big storms on the West. What will happen next?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Al Gore started all this weather hype to make man look bad. Then he invented the internet. Or was it the other way around?

No no no... He started the internet so he could complain about global warming! lol

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: carewemust

No no no... He started the internet so he could complain about global warming! lol

Yes, he likely has a larger carbon footprint than all of us here, an Oscar, has groped random masseuses, and campaigns with Hillary, but none of that matters because ... he CARES ...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Yes, defiantly debunking the outcomes and possibilities and keep you hanging on for more news on the matter.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was so disappointed by this storm. I just went about my regular business and it wasn't anything. A bad storm to me is being afraid to sleep at night because you may have to run to the basement at any time lol. This wasn't even a medium strength storm.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
is this the sun kill shot in action?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well it's heading east so we can expect 200 mph winds and freezing rain for mif week. Thats my prediction any way.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21381899]Phage and everyone, I was 20 miles from the Mendocino coast, at near 2,000 feet elevation in a redwood forest, for that incoming weather system. The first storm gave us 3.5 inches of rain ... there were zero problems from that on the local roads, according to KMUD-FM radio in Humboldt county. The remaining storm about 3 days later had about half that much rain, and the same or a little less winds to go with the rain.

*However* ... my friend Steve Nienhaus in coastal Eureka, not quite 100 miles north of us, measured a big spike on his portable radiation detector (air sampler) during that first storm, that reading being approx. 53.9 CPM. So my questions for you are,1) can you recommend any way to prepare better detection or air sampling equipment for our next eastbound winter storm event? and 2) Do those CPMs suggest to you that citizens should shelter in place during the next such winter storm, with perhaps good face masks issued to first responders and such who must be out and about? Thanks for reading.

edit on 10/19/2016 by Uphill because: Added information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join