It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myself & Donald Trump, Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hello all, I now re-join ATS after a number of times leaving. I periodically leave and come back fresh for privacy reasons. This time I've come back after a very short period because I want to make a feature request seeing so many headlines on the same exact topic, I'd like to recommend that the front page weigh down headlines that are already in a topic that has already made it to the front page. I realize that there are some very popular topics and so the penalty could be proportional to the unpopularity of the topic category and/or sub-category.

Getting to the front page requires a certain number of flags/stars/comments. So, I propose that the standard penalty is to require 25% more of that for a topic when there is already a headline there. If there are two headlines, then 50% more for an additional topic. So an additional 25% more of the standard amount for each topic already on the front-page in a category. Furthermore, high-popularity categories or sub-categories could have their penalty reduced should that make sense. So, a high-popularity category if the story would take a 25% penalty because there is already a headline in that category could instead get a 10% penalty for being in the most popular category. I'm not sure that makes sense to do but it could be a further improvement.

I consider politics a waste of time. I consider voting a waste of time. I don't want to bother reading about either Trump or Clinton. If you don't understand the problems you can't hope to offer any solutions. I'd love to see less of Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton on the front page and more of anything else at all. Sadly nearly every topic on the entire front page is Clinton or Trump. Ugggggh! Boring! Yuck!

So on that note, I like ATS and want to participate, but just not in the politician focused threads. Politics is an interesting topic to me, but politicians are not.

About me, I am a fan of philosophy and love the other thoughtful people on ATS who can appreciate the same and write threads that have real content and take real time to write out what they have to say. Its among the best quality people here... open-minded but sort of skeptical as well in a good balance.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5
Hello all, I now re-join ATS after a number of times leaving. I periodically leave and come back fresh for privacy reasons. This time I've come back after a very short period because I want to make a feature request seeing so many headlines on the same exact topic, I'd like to recommend that the front page weigh down headlines that are already in a topic that has already made it to the front page. I realize that there are some very popular topics and so the penalty could be proportional to the unpopularity of the topic category and/or sub-category.

Getting to the front page requires a certain number of flags/stars/comments. So, I propose that the standard penalty is to require 25% more of that for a topic when there is already a headline there. If there are two headlines, then 50% more for an additional topic. So an additional 25% more of the standard amount for each topic already on the front-page in a category. Furthermore, high-popularity categories or sub-categories could have their penalty reduced should that make sense. So, a high-popularity category if the story would take a 25% penalty because there is already a headline in that category could instead get a 10% penalty for being in the most popular category. I'm not sure that makes sense to do but it could be a further improvement.

I consider politics a waste of time. I consider voting a waste of time. I don't want to bother reading about either Trump or Clinton. If you don't understand the problems you can't hope to offer any solutions. I'd love to see less of Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton on the front page and more of anything else at all. Sadly nearly every topic on the entire front page is Clinton or Trump. Ugggggh! Boring! Yuck!

So on that note, I like ATS and want to participate, but just not in the politician focused threads. Politics is an interesting topic to me, but politicians are not.

About me, I am a fan of philosophy and love the other thoughtful people on ATS who can appreciate the same and write threads that have real content and take real time to write out what they have to say. Its among the best quality people here... open-minded but sort of skeptical as well in a good balance.

You do realize politics decide EVERYTHING else right?? In every civilization in history...

People who refuse to participate are the problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You do realize that there has yet to be something worthy of being called "civilization" yet? America came close but its capitalism came with hundreds of thousands dead under Lincoln and others.

The best way to participate is to solve the problems directly, not grovel at the feet of someone who will send you a form letter in response. You have been fooled and you have false delusions. I'm solving problems... you are pretending to make a difference by voting. If you want something done right, do it your self. Until people like yourself learn that, America will continue to fall. Sorry no, you cannot create a ruling class with different rules for itself and label it a democracy to solve our problems.

You're voting strategy is statistically speaking, irrelevant. You may feel like you are making a difference voting. Wrong, you are not. After 3,000 to 6,000 people are polled in polls, there isn't a significant difference, therefore the reason why no further are polled except in fantasy land politics where people are fooled into thinking every vote makes a difference. No, just in elections where the difference is one vote make a difference, but if in these elections both candidates have not clue what to do on any issue at all (Clinton vs. Trump), then that would be voting between two nonsense answers. Sorry you are fooled, Trump or Clinton is a lose or lose more voting. Johnson will not win and they would alter the votes or assassinate him if he got enough votes.

new topics

join