It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency sirens went off on 10-13-2016.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hmmm, the tv station that was hacked in upper state NY was also a small town too wasn't it? Perhaps they are using small towns so as not to attract too much attention. I would think if they tried that in big cities, the MSM couldn't very well ignore it. This way it stays low key and mostly under the radar.
Just thinking out loud here basically
edit on 10/15/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Cygnis

Well FEMA did nationwide testing of the EAS back on Sept 13th 2016 so it is plausible they are still trying to work out kinks in the system.

FEMA EAS Testing Sept 13th 2016

The EAS is usually tested every month in localities and usually the same days each month.

Yes, we have them here in my town the third Monday of every month during Summer, at around 10am.

So early in the morning, was a bit out of character.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I haven't heard anything..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrome7812
How weird it is to hear this happening in Longmont Colorado. I am from Boulder and have lived in Longmont for over 25 yrs and have never heard the sirens go off. Right now I reside in California so to hear about that in such a busted relatively town is kinda crazy. I myself am not sure what to think of it however everyone seems to think Colorado would be the place to go if shtf. I on the the other hand would think it would be one of the first states to go. I am a prepper, survivalist, whatever a person who I ready these days is called. Whether its a test or malfunction it scares me to think that no one made a move in seeking some kind of safety. I have family there, my kids there. I tell them but no one listens. Perhaps though people are a little more aware after this incident.

Yea, people flooded Longmont's local dispatch office asking what was up.

They were scolded in the paper by several officals for flooding the emergency line, and told they were over-reacting to an malfuntion of the system.

Some of us are always ready to go, what was odd about this one tho, was the fact it sounded wrong / broken.

I've been waiting for answers, but haven't found any, yet, from the city officials. I also have no clue if the EAS system is actually tied in with the net here.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

i don't suppose heavy winds had much to do with it if there wasn't any damage to repair to anything. especially in colorado?

are the sirens old school with a rotating whatever it's called like the old ambulances; mechanical?

555 timers are pretty durable i suppose? they have to do with the frequency of the signal?

poor dudes that had to manually shut them off- my hearing would fail up that close and personal.

We've had no strong winds here since mid-summer. Most of our strong-wind days are in the Spring.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: loveguy

This system was retrofitted in 2012. Also note the whole system was effected with the same sound, which the manufacturer said the sirens were not designed to make and the local authorities noted they had no programming for.

My guess this gets brushed under the rug and doesn't surface on MSM just like the September EAS hack
Which was isolated to one station.

It looks as if every emergency system is being tested by someone to see vulnerabilities and also our reaction to the hacks, which for both cases (assuming this is one) was to turn it off.

If the goal is to get a majority of the EAS systems "turned off", to avoid being able to alert the local populaces of imminent danger, that in itself, is a scary prospect.

I can think of only a very scant few things that would warrant a broad-country or state wide alert.

Honestly, i don't think alerting people with EAS would do much good in those cases either.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

ISP's have been shut down. Internet sites have been shut down. EAS got hacked. Sirens have got hacked. And cell service has gotten hacked. Full spectrum hack soon, all has been compromised. Womp womp.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

ISP's have been shut down. Internet sites have been shut down. EAS got hacked. Sirens have got hacked. And cell service has gotten hacked. Full spectrum hack soon, all has been compromised. Womp womp.

We don't need no stinking security..

/sarc /facepalm

After the playstation network was taken down for a month, and then other notable hacks, you think corps / gov would have gotten a CLUE!

nope.

We're doomed?!?!?!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
Here in Glasgow there are no shelters that I know of, nor indeed has there ever been a recognisable warning siren.
I have a feeling that after the American election all of this will settle down. It might even be a useful distraction concerning that very issue. Who can say?

Glasgow would probably be wiped out anyway given our proximity to Faslane.

The only shelter I know of in Scotland is The Secret Bunker in Fife.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm for the yanks election, if Trump gets in then it might come to nothing but if it goes the other way Clinton will walk us into WWIII...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join