It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack? Site is VERY slow, some pages returning "server stopped responding" results.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hmm...

T'would appear that things are indeed afoot at the UK/European end of things. Ah well. Probably GCHQ buggering about with the plumbing again. Bloody traitorous swines!

As long as ATS central is not being hit, I guess I shall have to live with it, until the problem ceases.

Thank you all for your participation in trying to nail down what's going on!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Unless you pay for a fancy VPN (monthly fees), it won't be fast. You might need to get a VPN Proxy. Then, it can look like you're anywhere in the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBritIt is the tracking bots from the ads that ATS has running on its site This is one of the down sides to having live ads and allowing them to track us via our connection to ATS. that is right your are now being track via ATS ads.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Like someone else mentioned in here, it has been happening on and off for months. I am on a lap top and in the U.S. It only happens on this site and no others. Strange.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If your browser has a status bar at the bottom keep an eye on it.
It will tell you where the hang up is. Often it is not ATS itself.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Do a traceroute to see where the lag lies....

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What's a status bar?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Damn. I was hoping you wouldn't ask. Because now it looks like I was being a smartass. I wasn't.

I use Firefox. When I click a link there is a thingy (technical term) which appears at the bottom left of the window. It tells you what Firefox is doing at the moment. It tells you the site that is being downloaded. When you click on ATS, you are often downloading things other than ATS.

edit on 10/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Good sir, you do me too much honour in assuming I have the first clue how to work that arcane technomagick.

I am a wood and metal guy. Even if I got that screen to appear, the chances of me being able to read and comprehend the results are...well, non existent really.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Press the Win key + R (or click start and type in the box / Cortana), type CMD and press enter.

When the black DOS / Command prompt screen appears (with the C: prompt) type "tracert www.abovetopsecret.com" (without quotation marks).

The list will tell you which servers you "hop" through until you reach ATS.

The timings are round trips, how long it takes your packet (data) to get there and back to you, it sends three packets to show any inconsistency, timed in milliseconds, lower the better.

Anything in the UK should be under 100ms to be considered acceptable, over 100ms is normal if you are accessing something overseas, but shouldn't be much higher than 150ms.

Something to think about over your beer and crumpets.

edit on 18/10/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Good sir, you do me too much honour in assuming I have the first clue how to work that arcane technomagick.

I am a wood and metal guy. Even if I got that screen to appear, the chances of me being able to read and comprehend the results are...well, non existent really.

If you use Opera there is a free VPN.
Just a matter of pressing a button and voila, you are in the US.
It's not as robust as paid for solutions, but it works.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Damn. I was hoping you wouldn't ask. Because now it looks like I was being a smartass. I wasn't.

I use Firefox. When I click a link there is a thingy (technical term) which appears at the bottom left of the window. It tells you what Firefox is doing at the moment. It tells you the site that is being downloaded. When you click on ATS, you are often downloading things other than ATS.

LOL! I'm not using firefox. I'm not technically inclined and don't want to make things worse, so I'll just leave things alone. Thanks anyway!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Bahahaha! You sound like me!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well Night Star, you know me!

If I am not keeping it old school, then somethings come adrift lol!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join