It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack? Site is VERY slow, some pages returning "server stopped responding" results.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
souther Europe...slow and unresponsive.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I have been trying to connect via my iPad, my Android, and my PC at work. The PC at work runs on a different cable than the one that runs to my home network, so the fact that ALL are slow for the site, and not other websites I visit as well concerns me greatly. I can zoom around YouTube and all manner of Google services, got online to my bank just fine, hit my hotmail like a bullet, but this site, getting to this very thread to check on responses even, took a good thirty to forty seconds.

Other pages on other topics, including myATS, the New page, and quite a few threads, are well nigh unreachable at a praticable speed, with the aforementioned time outs, server response failure, or just taking a damned age to load, across all my devices, regardless of which connection, my home or work, I am using.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
seems to be loading ok for me now, though I am now on my tower pc not my ipad. I am in UK, I tried to edit that into my previous post but it got timed out when I clicked the 'reply' button.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Same issue , i live in Holland , Europe.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
ok I did another test thinking that this issue was resolved since I am having no issues getting in here on my hard wired pc. I tried going back on ATS on my ipad using the wi-fi and it is still not loading on that. So either it is a mobile device issue or a wi-fi issue, but it is only happening when coming on to ATS.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
it suddenly started working fine on my end...like 15-30 mins ago

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It has been slow and with several failures to load pages for me too, so it looks like some US-Europe connection problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It is not only a US-Europe problem. For the previous two days pages have been very slow to load, sometimes failing entirely, but I haven't had that problem today. I'm in the Florida panhandle.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't think it's an attack, it's been a persistent issue for me. Notably, the mobile site is almost unusable. While I can load just about any other website, if I try to access ATS on my phone over 4G pages take minutes to load, if they load at all. The mobile issue has been going on for weeks now.

When accessing it on my computer it varies between pages loading quickly or taking sometimes up to a minute.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Running and loading well on all devices here in Michigan...no such issues, speed normal, pages loading quickly and correctly

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
All is well here in Oklahoma too. Fast load times and no glitches.
edit on 10-15-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Maryland as well, nothing too slow, hard for me to notice, as I have more than 25 tabs open at any given time.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I take it back, now I'm having more slowness than normal, while other pages load like the flash...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
South Asia here. Above Top Secret is still much slower this morning than any other internet site. Lots of breaking connexions too.

Definitely something amiss.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Mark is an Oakie?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I had it a lot (on and off) for months and it's been a little, tiny bit slow to load these past couple of days.

It crossed my mind that something European and ISP-related was occurring. Why? I used a free trial of a VPN and it'd load no problem every time.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I concur Truebrit. Very frustrating.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In deed. Well, for the last 17 years at least...

ETA: It's Okie, not Oakie.

edit on 10-16-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have been trying to connect via my iPad, my Android, and my PC at work. The PC at work runs on a different cable than the one that runs to my home network, so the fact that ALL are slow for the site, and not other websites I visit as well concerns me greatly. I can zoom around YouTube and all manner of Google services, got online to my bank just fine, hit my hotmail like a bullet, but this site, getting to this very thread to check on responses even, took a good thirty to forty seconds.

Other pages on other topics, including myATS, the New page, and quite a few threads, are well nigh unreachable at a praticable speed, with the aforementioned time outs, server response failure, or just taking a damned age to load, across all my devices, regardless of which connection, my home or work, I am using.

Looks like a problem with international connections - I'm in the UK and experiencing intermittent issues over the last week. If I use a VPN location in the US it seems fine.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Phage

In deed. Well, for the last 17 years at least...

ETA: It's Okie, not Oakie.

It's occupied North Texas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join