It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack? Site is VERY slow, some pages returning "server stopped responding" results.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It's all in the title really.

Are we under attack of some kind right now? Pages are coming back with server end stoppages, some are just loading VERY slowly, and last time things were this sketchy, it was during the beginning of an assault by unknown entities.

Thoughts, mods, admin...anyone?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Have you rebooted your PC and your router/modem etc.?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It may be your provider or your computer. I'm not having any trouble at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Mine is working just fine.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

It's just the CIA using up all of the available sea-floor data-cable running from the East Coast United States, through UK/Europe probing the Russian interwebz.

Sorry TrueBrit, your surfing of American sites is secondary to Uncle Sam's whims.

/sarc off

Are other sites slow for you as well?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Slow for me here too.

Could be a UK traffic thing, if there is a DDOS on one of the main nodes over here.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I had the same problems .. it's defo not my computer .. i am using talk talk if that could be a common denominator.

Using OpenSuse

EDIT: Still having the same problems.
edit on Sat, 15 Oct 2016 05:03:34 -0500035America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Very slow for me too and also notices saying to stop using the ad blocker, even though I am logged in and so don't get lots of ads. I am on iPad with wifi and other websites are loading with no delay

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
No problems here and that's saying something.
I never internet correctly.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

It's happening to me too. Lots of slow loading, the page I'm on suddenly disappearing and refreshing all by itself back to the home page. I've gotten 404 errors on links that everyone else seems to have no problem with.

I also continue to have incidents where I send a u2u and the person never receives it, or replies they never see, and also many messages from others that show up in my inbox green (like after you've already read it) and not white, and I don't always notice so it looks like I'm just blowing people off.

I've rebooted my phone, cleared internet caches, reinstalled chrome, updated my mobile profile and done PRL updates. And it is only this site. I have zero issues other than intermittent weak signal here and there on any other site. It's very odd...and very frustrating.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
When i click the link to get back to the last posted post it takes me 15 seconds
That's very slow!

Other sites are fine .

Something wrong here.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Mobile on ATS is always rough. Do you have your ATS account page set to mobile or desktop? If you're using mobile the account preference has to be set to mobile to function properly.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Slow here too. US users seem to be reporting OK.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Nope. Georgia USA here.

I've had several "denials of service" since around 5 AM EST.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Painfully slow for me as well... (South Africa)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yeah, it's on mobile. It still happens. I actually changed it to desktop once, just to see if it was different,,but the same stuff is happening. It's intermittent, though...not every time I'm on. Lately it's gotten worse, but I'm talking maybe the past week or so consecutively. But I'm stuck on mobile until I can get a new laptop. Le sigh....
/sad face

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Slow from germany too.
I guess first we have to run a secret service check before we are allowed to enter an US website...

This began several months ago, then it was better, but since almost two weeks, when i want to load ATS for the first time, it takes up to 30 seconds to load.
It´s the only website that loads that slow for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The whole net seems slow for me today and lots of sites timing out.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It's been good mostly but there are times where it bogs down to literally 1 minute or more before a page loads. It's been doing this over the last week for me and I'm on our work's network which is some SERIOUS bandwidth. 18ms - 124m up/down

edit on 15-10-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Maryland

Everything seems to be running smoothly

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join