It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Supporters Charged with Domestic Terrorism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's the second time that I could tell you really wanted that to be brought up, so I thought why not.

I was referencing this particular bit:

You are comparing a tweet to a long-term, coordinated, planned terrorist attack that had drawn the attention of the FBI to the point they were involved in an undercover investigation of the efforts of the three to actually purchase explosives and weapons.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Typical alt right tactics, they start a crusade and when caught, they scream how they are being victims! ahahahahah!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Mateens friend stated he liked Hillary Clinton, and Mateen's father was spotted at her rally.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Mateens friend stated he liked Hillary Clinton, and Mateen's father was spotted at her rally.

Mateens other "friend" stated he was a closet homosexual.

Are you bringing hearsay to the table now?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's the second time that I could tell you really wanted that to be brought up, so I thought why not.

I was referencing this particular bit:

You are comparing a tweet to a long-term, coordinated, planned terrorist attack that had drawn the attention of the FBI to the point they were involved in an undercover investigation of the efforts of the three to actually purchase explosives and weapons.

Eh? When have you known me to avoid bringing something up I think is pertinent?

The other poster was comparing a single tweet to a long-term terrorist plan involving multiple individuals, explosives and opportunity.

Do you see the two things as comparable?
edit on 15-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Notred

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

It was bound to happen.

Glad they caught them.

Pity they didn't catch the Hillary supporter before he killed 50 people in a night club in Orlando.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: aethertek

It was bound to happen.

Glad they caught them.

Pity they didn't catch the Hillary supporter before he killed 50 people in a night club in Orlando.

Any proof of that?

You know, like the Facebook posts of the terrorists in the OP stating they were Trump supporters?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
dailycaller.com...

“Omar and I continued to have infrequent conversations over the next few years,” Malik said. “I last saw him at a dinner at his father’s house in January. We talked about the presidential election and debated our views of the candidates that were running — he liked Hillary Clinton and I liked Bernie Sanders. This banter continued through texts and phone calls for several months.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

I take to pride in this.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You have no proof that he wasn't.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

dailycaller.com...

“Omar and I continued to have infrequent conversations over the next few years,” Malik said. “I last saw him at a dinner at his father’s house in January. We talked about the presidential election and debated our views of the candidates that were running — he liked Hillary Clinton and I liked Bernie Sanders. This banter continued through texts and phone calls for several months.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

I take to pride in this.

Ah, the Daily Caller.

So, no Facebook posts from Mateen, nothing in the manifesto about Clinton?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Eh? When have you known me to avoid bringing something up I think is pertinent?

When you want to goad out an argument in your favor.

The other poster was comparing a single tweet to a long-term terrorist plan involving multiple individuals, explosives and opportunity.

I know, and I was pointing out a similar event to this threads description.

Do you see the two things as comparable?

I see comparable things between Orlando and this event.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You have no proof that he wasn't.

I have no proof that there isn't a teapot orbiting Jupiter either.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The friend wrote an op-ed piece.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9d0caf85e35f

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

In rough order of your post:

1. Okay, fair enough, I asked for your opinion.

2. But it's not similar. The terrorists involved here STATED that they supported Trump, thus, making it quite truthful to call them "Trump supporters."

3. Comparable between Orlando and "this event?" Sure. One is a planned mass killing, the other a realized one.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

That's not the point. The point is, political endorsements have nothing to do with the acts they committed, and the argument is silly.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The friend wrote an op-ed piece.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9d0caf85e35f

He sure did.

In which he states, by the time of the shootings, Mateen had changed a great deal from the time that they were friends and were debating about Clinton and Sanders.

Did Mateen say anything about Hillary Clinton in his justification for the attack?
edit on 15-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That's not the point. The point is, political endorsements have nothing to do with the acts they committed, and the argument is silly.

I'm sure you don't want it to be the point, but it is indeed relevant. You're comparing hearsay to a personal statement.

What argument, exactly, is "silly"?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

2. But it's not similar. The terrorists involved here STATED that they supported Trump, thus, making it quite truthful to call them "Trump supporters."

Right, so where did they mention doing this in Trumps name or for Trumps cause? Didn't the group they claimed to be attributed to denounce violence?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
I'm personally very satisfied this behavior was considered terrorism.

Now that it's established there are Christian-White-Male terrorists in America, it's time to start throwing away some keys. Who knows how many more internal affiliated convergent cells there could be. We need to start profiling now.

Say the same for muslim extremists.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Right, so where did they mention doing this in Trumps name or for Trumps cause? Didn't the group they claimed to be attributed to denounce violence?

No one, including the OP has argued that they did it "for Trump" ... that is the strawman that many here are arguing against.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join