It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Recruits Arrested North of San Angelo (tx)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Given the current climate people aren't really paying attention to this type of thing. I assume they wont until after the elections. This isn't being reported right now except from a small town in south west Texas. 2 people were arrested as they traveled from up north down to a small town in Texas to cross the border and "join the fight".

The article gives the details. But being a resident in Texas I can tell you that this is not unexpected. However, we see a great many more going north then we do coming from the north. This incident is not the rule it is the exception. Lest we forget... there are still real world issues still very much pressing on us to react.

I don't want to give opinion so much as to get it. While we are distracted with the elections this is still happening. I know people here. People with families. I also know that no one but the Sheriff that made the arrest knew about their travels. They were allowed to travel up to the point they could almost actually cross... then people were warned.

ISIS sympathizers arrested

Thoughts? is all this from the election just a distraction from the very real, very immediate danger we all face?
edit on 15-10-2016 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: akira131

What say you ATS? no worries or an issue still very much at hand?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It is what it is and until we get a government that believes in secure borders we are just biding our time until a serious large attack happens... and I am by no means a fortune teller.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I agree. The sad part is how much of it goes unreported. This is a small town. Not national national news. There is plenty that goes unreported.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Glad they caught these idiots.

The irony for them must now be that all that time they weren't really talking to ISIS but to the FBI pretending to be ISIS.

That's a new one. How bloody stupid can you get? These morons were so criminally dodgy and inept they were trying to illegally sneak OUT of the country to go off and be terrorists. Mind bending.

Maybe they should have just let them leave. Now we taxpayers have to finance their incarceration for years.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I LIVE in San Angelo, this is not a surprise really. but it is a bit scary. I read "SA live" daily but cam to ATS first today.

This town has a "small" town mentality, but it covers a fairly large area. (we have the worst drivers in Texas too).

We also have a mosque in the south west of town, the funny thing is it's in an affluent area.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Thanks for picking up on this and posting it. Its definitely an "issue" but not one I worry too very much about. I see the ISIS thing as almost like a canard; its a manufactured "enemy" designed to draw out mindless zealots who are then manipulated into periodic directed attacks. Its interesting how the FBI and the JTTF almost always manages to ID these clowns. What's scary is that those same entities seem willing to periodically and intentionally take their eyes "off the ball" long enough that once in a while they can perpetrate havoc.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I live in Texas, but I've never made it to San Angelo.

Odd that there would be a Mosque there........have the Feds relocated a lot of Muslim immigrants and/or refugees there?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I agree, they seem very able to catch the dumb ones. Then every time something bad happens we hear "well we knew about them but.. no evidence" ppfftt.

They haven't relocated many there, it's more of a passing through kind of thing. If you go to places late at night like walmart or the bus station you may see some. Anyone who is conservative enough to stand out doesn't go out into public very much.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I agree with the small town mentality, which is why no one would ever think something like that would happen there. We are not immune to current events.

p.s. The drivers really are HORRIBLE.
edit on 15-10-2016 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I did a bit of research and found San Angelo is home of Goodfellow Airbase. I'd bet money that's why they built a Mosque there. Its odd, but they seem to have located a Mosque in or near practically every military installation in the state. I'd have to guess that's because there are Muslim service people. I've read that one of the tenets of their faith is that they must live within a 1 mile radius of a Mosque.

Of course.........having built the Mosque, that makes San Angelo a logical refugee resettlement location.

Good luck with that!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

We also have a vast amount of people here on work visas. Most of them work at the hospitals, hence the Mosque in the nicer side of town.

There is Dyess AFB about an hour and a half away in Abilene. The base in San Angelo is an intel training base and Dyess, well, they are a B1 base.

This is a quiet part of west Texas, but not irrelevant. 2 important bases and the border not far...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Like the saying goes ... "play stupid games - win stupid prizes". Just take them out to sea about 100 miles and set em adrift.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cprnicus

i agree. want to go across an ocean to fight with our "enemy". give them an inflatable sword and drop them 100 miles off the coast.

"good luck!!"

(sorry I didn't reply sooner.. so much to do so little time.)

top topics

join