It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

We are NOT the one percent... we are who we are

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I am an average American. I served my country 21 years in the United States Air Force. I retired several years ago. I am proud of my service.

I am NOT proud of my countryman. My government now disgusts me. How many have we killed... for nothing? We kill to save face. We kill on Tuesdays, and the President gets the list. THIS is not who we are!

First: to the rest of the world. We are not our leaders. We are not our government. We are people that, honestly just want to be left alone. That is as basic as it gets.

99% of us just wanna do our day to day routine. We work. We raise families. We do our thing. I am guessing that 99% of the Russian populace does the same. The Chinese as well.

The average American (99% of us) have absolutely no desire to fight a global, nuclear war against Russia or China. Our politicians do. We lost control of those a$$holes years ago. Sorry. It's not us.

Truth be told, most of us would rather trade recipes (I have a great chili recipe that I will trade for an authentic pirogie recipe.)

It won't even violate trade treaties...

THIS is the kind of trade that we should participate in...

IF we go to war... blame the politicians. The rest of us wanted nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well said. I couldn't agree more. We must figure out how to get the 99% mentality running this country, not the out of touch power hungry elites.

And thank you for your service!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: texas thinker
Well said. I couldn't agree more. We must figure out how to get the 99% mentality running this country, not the out of touch power hungry elites.

And thank you for your service!

thanks...

and I am totally serious about the recipe trade....

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I blame whoever is willing to be led like a sheep to battle, then after they're done they claim that they were just doing their jobs.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
I blame whoever is willing to be led like a sheep to battle, then after they're done they claim that they were just doing their jobs.

The sheep are at fault? Why not the wolves?

The American people are the sheep... the MSM and TPTB are the wolves... leading the sheep to slaughter
edit on 15-10-2016 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
... one of those "sheep" is my oldest son, an Airman on active duty. I'd really like to see him again.... before Obama gets us all killed...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

As someone else said, Well said and I could not agree more. How much of a mockery is it to say the sovereignty of a nation lies in its people.

The demonstration of power by the 1% is nothing less than awesome. The fact that we the people complain, try to 'educate' and inform the public, is irrefutable evidence that despite the massive potential power of the masses, we cannot do anything about it. We have yet to have one win.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sorry, but the vast majority of Americans are about to either vote trump or Hilary. There fore the vast majority f Americans do support war and killing in the name of their country.

This excuse of we are voting for the lesser of two evils just doesn't wash any more. The goes for most country's election cycles, not just the USA.

With all the information out there thanks to the Internet there are no excuses anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

I agree. In today's age, military is little more than a mercenary force doing corporate bidding. I get that some might be offended by that and I don't mean to diminish what I know members and their families view as honorable service and sacrifice. And certainly I do not detract from acts of valor or the ultimate sacrifice in conflict. But they are deluding themselves about the honor or import of the mission that the CorpGov has tasked them to do. The last 15 years has proven this. There has been no threat to our homeland that we didn't create or allow to fester by some measure or make worse by other means. How is anything better? What region has improved? Is America better off?

Legions of mostly young men enter service as a last option for a paycheck and/or training in some specialty, to course correct their lives or jump start a career path. I can't help but wonder, if the educational system was better and the job market more alluring, would they join?

And as long as there are citizens willing to join, the war machine keeps going, churning death and destruction and debt in it's wake.

edit on 10/15/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I have always said that the one thing that prevented me joining the military is the fact that you cannot trust those who lead. You cannot trust generals, you cannot trust the intelligence services, you cannot trust the government. Given the obviousness of the truth, one who is intent on protecting his or her homeland, would be better served getting some training, and remaining at home, where at least your hometown and your families actually benefit from your protection.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: kosmicjack

I have always said that the one thing that prevented me joining the military is the fact that you cannot trust those who lead. You cannot trust generals, you cannot trust the intelligence services, you cannot trust the government. Given the obviousness of the truth, one who is intent on protecting his or her homeland, would be better served getting some training, and remaining at home, where at least your hometown and your families actually benefit from your protection.

I used to think like that... almost didn't re-enlist...

My Airmen reminded me how bad their lives would suck if I left.

I stayed in.

I never, as a SNCO looked at "the big picture"... instead, I looked at my Airmen's well being.

That's why.

I'd love to buy ya a pint, tho

edit on 30-10-2016 by madmac5150 because: I am a Scot at heart

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

"I think there would be no war if the first casualties of any conflict were the political leaders."
-DB

(damn, I'm going to quote that!)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"I think there would be no war if the first casualties of any conflict were the political leaders."
-DB

(damn, I'm going to quote that!)

I love it....

Having that quote sewn into all of my underwear!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Doing the job of war is cruel in it 's effective execution.
Don't elect defective people.
HALF assing philosophy in a feeble attempt to shame the military is an SJW move and we find them humorous, like hippies.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: ssenerawa

Doing the job of war is cruel in it 's effective execution.
Don't elect defective people.
HALF assing philosophy in a feeble attempt to shame the military is an SJW move and we find them humorous, like hippies.

The coming war will not be decided by Generals. It will not be decided by Admirals. It will be decided by dumb rednecks like me... willing to climb a tree and get a shot off on the enemy.

I may have M.S... but I can climb a tree and shoot, if need be.

This is what our country is founded upon...

...dumb bastards like me, willing to climb a tree....

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Politicians never solve anything. It's always left to the "dumb bastards" to fix what they screwed up.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Politicians never solve anything. It's always left to the "dumb bastards" to fix what they screwed up.

...and climb trees, shoot the bad guys... etc etc

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

....I'll infiltrate to execute primary command elements based on rank and responsibility.
Screw up all vehicles I can and steal me a BELT fed to bury for later.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

....I'll infiltrate to execute primary command elements based on rank and responsibility.

I was just gonna rip off a crapload of 1 oz. 12 ga. slugs downrange. I like your thinking, tho

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

If you are gonna base this on "rank and responsibility".... as an Air Force SNCO my coffee will be ready and HOT by 0745.

I only kill invaders after a few cups of "joe"...

Just givin ya a heads up

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join