It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

#Repealthe19th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've been seeing this pop up here and there and apparently it's afire on twitter. Now if there was anything more further from progress, this would be it. There are a few op-eds out there on this topic and particularly from women who abhor it. Link
In fact a majority of the twitter activity has been in protest of the hashtag.

Seems by design.

Also:

Twitter doesn’t make it easy to examine the history of a trending topic or its origins. But based on our analysis of 1,000 tweets using the hashtag, scraped in real-time for a portion of its time on the trending list last night, it’s pretty unlikely that the main momentum driving the hashtag up the trending list came from the relatively small group of Trump supporters and alt-right trolls who tweeted about it.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
No evidence, just a thought. But maybe pro Hillary bots? I hate both candidates but I would hope most people would realize that's the dumbest idea ever. Only the dems would benefit from even that being brought up as it would feed the deplorable notion.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Why would you disgrace ATS with this filth?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Because I believe it's disinformation being slung to shadow Trump and his supporters in a negative light?

Was I supposed to check with you before posting?

edit on 14-10-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

yes

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Searches for the hashtag as of 13 October 2016 revealed an abundance of Twitter users mocking or objecting to it, but we were unable to find any tweets favoring the purported movement:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Don't rely on snopes my friend, they have been proven wrong several times.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I'm aware, but the pertinent bit was all I needed. I'm unsure as to how to search twitter for the origination.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Actually the election would be most accurate if Men also couldn't vote.
#RepealThemAll

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

It's a falsification by your friends the MSM. They want you to think this, so they push it.

My suggestion is not watch them until they actually start doing journalism again.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Fair enough, but I'm after proof. To what end? IDK. I share the same thoughts but there has to be proof.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Fair enough, but I'm after proof. To what end? IDK. I share the same thoughts but there has to be proof.

To me it is absolutely insane that people would think any candidate ever would support repealing women's right to vote, but then again this is 'Murica.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

If this was in a vacuum, it wouldn't get the attention it has. It's just another nudge, a quick glance with an instant judgment. Same with the onslaught of women having supposedly having sexual interaction with DT. Just part of the smear machine it seems. More importantly, people are being manipulated.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

so please cite any messages supporting this alledged " repeal the 19th ammendment " nonsense

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Its more likely "Pro-Trump" people from /r/the_donald and similar places where they echo chamber to the max.

Yesterday morning someone hacked /r/politics to redirect to some CTR conspiracy thread on /r/the_donald.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Pyle because: grammer

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I never said there were any. You might want to ask the OP that question.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused as to why you think that "Trump supporters aren't behind the Twitter hashtag" ... they certainly seem to be:

Donald Trump supporters tweet about repealing the 19th Amendment

and others ...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

That's just it. I haven't seen any. I can't link at the moment but you can do a twitter search of the op title.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm a bit confused as to why you think that "Trump supporters aren't behind the Twitter hashtag" ... they certainly seem to be:

Donald Trump supporters tweet about repealing the 19th Amendment

and others ...

and this is the idiocracy USA has succumbed to.

Twitter...Really?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Because I believe it's disinformation being slung to shadow Trump and his supporters in a negative light?

I think your guy is doing a bang up job of that on his own!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join