It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome To The World, Baby Girl

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Gorgeous baby, but I'm a little o.O at the name, call it a knee-jerk association with the actual country. It's going to raise eyebrows for human rights advocates (it's not dubbed the North Korea of Africa for nothing)

What was the reasoning behind choosing it for a name, just not keen on the original translated Greek spelling, or a history buff picking it over one of the area's various ancient empire names such as Punt, D'mt, etc? Or just liked the country's name? I'm not meaning to be rude, I'm genuinely curious.

Thank you. The name is for Italian Eritrea, a colony from the 1800s. It was the name of a character in one of my daughter's books, and the character was named for the colony.

The original spelling sounds very similar to an antibiotic, actually...phonetically spoken or, Goddess forbid, "urethra"...no, this spelling is better all the way around. People are already going to struggle with it as it is. I'm calling her Trea, for short.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I missed this reply, sorry! Well, overall development, but I asked my own mother why and she said due to the development of eyesight during this period.

Aww I love the new picture. I love children, they are adorable!
edit on 21-10-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Awwww, a happy smiling baby!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I missed yours and others too! For some reason, the thread is not showing replies...probably because I'm on mobile.

That is very interesting...I never would have thought about the eyes but it makes sense. Lots of preemies have hearing issues for the same reason.

I love that pic too, thank you! She's finally home now and doing very well. I need to get some pics of her this coming weekend. She is just the cutest little thing ever!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join