It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Female President is Not qualified to lead a country.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
One can come up with a far greater list of countries that have been destroyed by the startling ineptitude of male rulers.

As we know, the gender of a person has no impact on matters such as these.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I'll agree that free speech is about gone in the US, but how many women have run in our tiny history?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Yeah... in 1930....? This is their current minister:
en.wikipedia.org...

They also had a Black Women in 2007 Elected Prime Minister.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'll agree that free speech is about gone in the US, but how many women have run in our tiny history?

I think what you just said is literally a meme to deflect from the fact women aren't encouraged to run here.

You say "how many" my whole point is it's been "prevented".

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Who prevents it?

Our culture?

Or are you going to start accusing political parties of sexism now?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Considering they couldn't vote until 1920, that may have something to do with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thinking that a woman can't run a country is sexist, outdated and not based on reality (or science). But if that's the way you feel, cast your vote somewhere else.
edit on 14pmFri, 14 Oct 2016 20:54:03 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

*sigh*

Agreed.

So who are we going to blame for that?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Considering they couldn't vote until 1920, that may have something to do with it.

en.wikipedia.org...

She ran 50 years before she could vote.

I would consider that only 2 women have been ever been nominated, and it was for vice-president, sexist, not the fact many have run.
edit on 14-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
actually there was a couple of brave women who ran even though they could vote...

I believe Victoria Woodhull was the first in 1872.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Strawman.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have never heard ANYONE say that and Im a man. Im sure you can find some dumbass on youtube to support this but it sounds like something Pocahontas would use in her lame basketcase speeches. Ill take Jill any day but not that corrupt hypocrite Hillary.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Females can certainly be qualified. I'm voting for one myself. Her name just doesn't happen to be Hillary.
edit on 10/14/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Strawman.

Do you have evidence to support this is well known? Why do I not see Female Prime Ministers/Presidents on TV all the time?

I've watched countless newsclips, and read various news sources over the last 5 years, and have never heard of a Female leader of a country.

It's hardly a strawman, there are only '20ish' Female leaders a year in the world. There are 196 Countries. Of the 10% that have World Leaders, many are non-white and many are running poorer countries.

What does this say about 'Industrialized Nations' women who have to been white/rich/educated(as stereotypes) to be a 'candidate'?
edit on 14-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

*sigh*

Agreed.

So who are we going to blame for that?

Blame the women of course!!
(kidding)

My point isn't to blame anyone exactly. I'm just pointing out that women being in positions of authority or even being considered as welcome in places of power weren't exactly encouraged much.

Even today within the Religious community Women are told to serve men and that they are under a mans authority. Meanwhile man, conveniently, is only under the authority of God. So you can see right there it's another case of "trickle down" failing.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Do you have evidence to support your OP is the better question.

Where are people saying that women are not qualified to lead? I honestly cannot say I have read this opinion widely or at all in recent years.

You stated you "heard it a lot" lately. Where?
edit on 14-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

got to right wing watch and read the headlines, last time I was there there was a few of the religious leaders saying this...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I haven't heard anyone say a female President isn't qualified to lead a country. Who is saying this?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Do you have evidence to support your OP is the better question.

Where are people saying that women are not qualified to lead? I honestly cannot say I have read this opinion widely or at all in recent years.

You stated you "heard it a lot" lately. Where?

I think it's mostly a Conservative Religious kind of thing. Even they don't say it openly a whole lot but it's there, just under the surface.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: imjack
I've heard this a lot of lately, and when looking,

I haven't, and I'm in a position to hear it a lot more than you I wager.

I have heard it. The interesting thing is that I have heard it from other women. The common theme between these women seem to be the fact that they call themselves devote christians. These same women apparently have no need to read the bible because that is what they have pastors and priests for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join