It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New record for fusion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Erm, i have a couple of heat exchangers right here that use no power. If one side gets hot the other side gets cold.
Reverse them in the winter, of course

When i go camping in the summer i use a solar panel & a 3v fan to boost the effect.

Still haven't paid for a single watt.

Heat engines come in many varieties, how about Sterling engines?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Erm, i have a couple of heat exchangers right here that use no power. If one side gets hot the other side gets cold.
erm, whats that do for you?

Heat pumps, as has been noted, work on the reverse refrigeration cycle, that is they need a pump and compressor and refrigerant. They use energy to move all that 'free energy' you speak of.

No moving the goalposts, you were speaking about heat pumps not heat engines.
edit on 19-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Most, if not all, current reactor configurations depend on using the heat of the reaction to boil water to make steam to run a turbine to make electricity.
OK they have made good advances with more efficient heat exchangers like lithium, CO2 etc but it's still flogging a dead horse, especially with fission. It's hopeless, impractical, inefficient, and above all dangerous.

But a plasma fusion reactor can convert a great deal of that heat (in terms of plasma pressure) directly into electric current, the entire process is so simple that it is laughed at by the so-called scientific community.

Given the simplicity of this tech, i see no reason why it didn't exist 100 years ago.
And it probably did.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Are you aware of Nitinol motors?

They are interesting.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

erm, whats that do for you?

Heat pumps, as has been noted, work on the reverse refrigeration cycle, that is they need a pump and compressor and refrigerant. They use energy to move all that 'free energy' you speak of.
No they do not, did you not read my last post?
Ammonia boils at a low temp and moves in a cycle through the heat exchanger with a 1 way valve. It expands on 1 side where it takes heat from the environment & on the other side it condenses, The extra energy came from the environment, not from me.

No moving the goalposts, you were speaking about heat pumps not heat engines.

Oops my bad, my definition of an engine is anything that uses power to perform work, it doesnt have to be mechanical, but it put it in there to prove a point & you missed it completely it seems.....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Can't say i have, but i will look into it, anything that can get us off this insane oil & nuclear driven society is welcome

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm aware of absorbtion refrigeration.

This is getting to be tiresome, your original claim was:

did you know a man who was installing super efficient heat pumps in homes in the US was sued by the energy companies for unfair competition?

I remember this guy was forced to remove systems he had installed, and was forbidden to use them, by a high court judge (probably what you call a supreme court judge) and it was for 'unfair competition' with the energy companies.

Does that not tell you that something is wrong?
Either provide a source to back up your memories or I'm forced to file this alongside the 200 mpg carburators that GM and Ford are keeping from us.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Let the hybrids and fusion battle-royale begin? All the possibilities there after

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

OK i will go find the original article, give me some time, i'm kind of busy trying to save humanity & all.
Yes, absorbtion, expansion, it works, it doesn't need extra power, no it's not overunity, it's not even close, but nature supplies the energy including that which is lost.

Not Ford, but other companies are keeping the real secret of HHO from us, i'm sure you heard of Stan Meyer?
Well i have worked with 2 independent teams that verify his work. I even wrote a thread on it way back when.

Cool as they are, these are just stopgap measures.
Even fusion pales in comparison to the universal energy, let's call it ZPE for simplicity.

You want details? I will supply them, but from then on it's up to you & your conscience what you do with the info.

Peeps have been killed for less, but i'm not prepared to share everything, i need an edge.
edit on 20-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: Typo's

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eldemie

Oh, there are many.....

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You've all seen 'back to the future' right?

You know the scene in the film where Doc arrives from the future & fills his 'Mr Fusion' reactor with some garbage, and a cup of water?

That was a definite nod at Stan Meyer, and the fusion reactors we now have.

The Hoverboard ad was such complete BS i couldn't believe my eyes. This was done on purpose to dispel ANY DOUBT IN THE PUBLIC MIND that such things were possible.

They show you a tantalising glimpse of the tech, then come back & tell you it 'may be possible, but not now'
Don't be fooled.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Water may be used as a fuel in 4 different ways. and even as a transport medium in 2 ways at least.
It is probably the least understood phenomenon on this planet, next to Electrickery.
edit on 20-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: clarity

ETA sorry 3 ways, i forgot nuclear powered steam jets in a space medium, water while frozen will act as ships hull + water storage, it can also be used to cool reactors, run heat exchangers, pumps etc and steam jets in space can steer or even propel a ship, at low speeds, lets call this the 'impulse engine' for the Trekkies......
edit on 20-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: Addenum

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have the ITER plans and all the others, i have read the assesments & reports. Sometimes i have to laugh at the sick humor of it.

And they know that i know, i have written to them with some suggestions of my own.
But who am i? Just some armchair scientist who lives in his own world & is associated with (schlock horror) conspiracy forums.

I don't give a hoot, i am a free agent, as i have told peeps many times, right Liz, right Ron?

I do my own thing, to hell with it...
edit on 20-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: Spellink

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I will try to upload some interesting pics, this is an old one that i happened to use in another thread, it's called the SOAR or Solar Orbiting Advanced Reactor......
Well surprise surprise, i can't find it, not only on this laptop but i can't find it even as a file uploaded to ATS months ago, go figure. I will simply upload it again, & again....LOL
edit on 20-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: aaargh!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Lucky for me, i am in the middle of an argument with my boss, and that means more free time on the forums.

That means that i will be as active as ever, until something bigger comes along that demands my attention, that happens sooner than you think...
Sorry.
edit on 20-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: clarity

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

No luck in digging up the information on the guy sued for installing the super efficient heat pumps yet I take it?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
ITER Update

The first of 18 toroidal field coils has been made in Europe.

The toroidal field coil is 14 metres wide, 9 metres high and weighs 110 tonnes. Nine of Iter's 18 toroidal field coils, plus a spare, are being fabricated in Europe with the other nine being made in Japan.

ITER - which stands for International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor - is a major international project to build a 500 MW tokamak fusion device designed to prove the feasibility of fusion as a large-scale and carbon-free source of energy. The European Union is contributing almost half of the cost of its construction, while the other six members (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Russia and the USA) are contributing equally to the rest.

Site preparation works at Cadarache began in January 2007, with first concrete for the buildings poured in December 2013. Under a revised schedule established by the Iter organisation last year, first plasma is planned for 2025, with deuterium-tritium fusion experiments commencing in 2035.

World Nuclear News, May 22, 2017 - European consortium completes first ITER magnet.

That thing is huge!! It looks like giant stove element (prongs on the bottom) but missing the center spirals. They are actually 'D' shaped.

A doubling of magnetic field strength produces a 16-fold increase in fusion power density.

MIT News - Applying diverse skills in pursuit of a fusion breakthrough.

I always cannot find that quote when I want it! So sticking this on. The article is an interview with Zach Hartwig. He discusses using REBCO which shrinks the size of reactor because of the 16-fold increase in plasma density. Compared to ITER the MIT reactors are much smaller! And only are being made to produce 100 MW.

But we need to hit it in, say, 2025 or 2030, not 2080, if fusion is going to help mitigate the worst effects of climate change. We believe high-field REBCO magnets enable us to do just that."

(same)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I have them, give me time, be patient, young Padawan....

You seem to miss the points i made about free energy being everywhere you look.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I have a whole bunch of documents on the ITER, mostly PDF, i will try to get the interesting ones uploaded here mate.
Just for you

Some nice cutaway pics there too, and radiation estimates from the time...
Later!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

I have them, give me time, be patient, young Padawan....

You seem to miss the points i made about free energy being everywhere you look.

No, I don't miss the point.

Why do you think I'm behind you in the learning curve?

You have yet to speak about one thing I'm not familiar with.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join