It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Planning Possible Cyber Attack on Russia per NBC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The Obama administration is contemplating an unprecedented cyber covert action against Russia in retaliation for alleged Russian interference in the American presidential election, U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

Current and former officials with direct knowledge of the situation say the CIA has been asked to deliver options to the White House for a wide-ranging "clandestine" cyber operation designed to harass and "embarrass" the Kremlin leadership.

The sources did not elaborate on the exact measures the CIA was considering, but said the agency had already begun opening cyber doors, selecting targets and making other preparations for an operation. Former intelligence officers told NBC News that the agency had gathered reams of documents that could expose unsavory tactics by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The Obama administration is contemplating an unprecedented cyber covert action against Russia in retaliation for alleged Russian interference in the American presidential election, U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

NBC

We have seen no proof any of this hacking came from Russia.

I don't know about y'all but i think the US is bat ass crazy and there will be retaliation on a greater scale. Was the announcement just a threat? Who gives advance notice. Or were they trying to get them to go first? Or will the US hack itself and blame it on Russia.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Yea well they are going big....the CIA or whoever cause all this Jerry Springer stuff in the states is hard to distract from.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I agree, there is no proof.

It feels like they are looking for an excuse to attack Russia. The only way Americans will support a war with a superpower, is if they say our attacks are out of self defense.

I still can't figure out why they want a big war.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Stuxnet 2.0?

Good thing NBC has the skinny on covert cyber warfare...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Ummm...they're probably working on all of those scenario's as we speak...

It makes me agree with your bat # crazy assessment...This government has gone out of it's way to encircle Russia...Frankly...I applaud the pushback...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yeah right, when has the government ever been transparent.

Why would they tell everyone the CIA is contemplating hacking rather then doing it.

This is obviously to gain public approval for a war with Russia
edit on 14-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A little war with Russia ought to distract everyone from the Wikileaks or start a war and disrupt the election ...

Although I really don't think they're serious. A cyber attack you announce publically is worthless.
edit on 14-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Current and former officials with direct knowledge of the situation say the CIA has been asked to deliver options to the White House for a wide-ranging "clandestine" cyber operation designed to harass and "embarrass" the Kremlin leadership.

So, they're going to unleash the best internet trolls with the sickest memes on Putin and Friends?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Uhmm, telegraphing your clandestine CIA consulted cyber attack on NBC....the CIA must be the laughingstock of international intelligence agencies worldwide.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
With the Yemen situation missiles between yemen and our ships, us hitting their radar and now Iran has two boats in the red sea, Syria,...Now we want Russia.

We are going to get a war come hell or high water.

Final decision on cyber attack is not made yet and has to come from the top...me thinks if he said no it would happen anyway.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Not going to happen, the media only reports what they are spoon fed from the government. there would be zero reason to announce this before actually doing it.

edit on 14-10-2016 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Well, I agree with it being worthless except that it could be a warning. The US really may not want those last emails released. And a return attack just at the time they are released would be useful for the election.

link   

More proof that our C.I.A. have never been benevolent in any way shape or form.

This combined with Mike Morells insane comments on the charlie rose show.

As a matter of fact this simply proves that the C.I.A. are absolutely off their rockers, apparently World War is still in their blood, considering that the organization was founded right along with Operation Paperclip, it would only be logical that they would wish for was with Russia.

Or will the US hack itself and blame it on Russia.

I think this is exactly what the next major false flag will be and it will probably be an attack on the banks, you know kill two birds with one stone. Wipe out the evidence of fraudulent FED activity, start war with Russia, introduce new digital global currency... you know what that is actually three in one!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmFriday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Yeah right, when has the government ever been transparent.

Why would they tell everyone the CIA is contemplating hacking rather then doing it.

This is obviously to gain public approval for a war with Russia

LOL yea just what sort of leaky mess is the Company running down there? I forgot they don't need congressional approval for this sort of war. LOL Like a screen door on a sub they drip.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

That presumes that Russia really does have them, and I see nothing that suggests that other than Democrat allegations which are as of yet empty.
edit on 14-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Seth Rich did the leak at the DNC and was murdered for it. The Russians didn't hack the DNC. It was Seth Rich who gave up the goods to Wikileaks. The people running the show are totally insane. You know that don't you? They want to go to war with the Russians, which will also mean the Chinese. They actually think that they can use nuclear weapons without killing themselves too. They are all mad.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

SMH, typical Obama administration strategy...

Announce what you may do...

LMAO covert?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We have voluntarily given up our authority , our sovereignty to a bunch of incompetent sociopaths. May the Gods help us.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't know how to screencap but check out DRUDGE right now

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How is it covert if the media reports it???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join