It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesnt ATS Exist Partly Because of Dishonest Media ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I come to ATS for news, seems to make it here before the LAME STREAM as I have heard it called on here for years. Most people are conscious of the media manipulation. So why all of a sudden is it not ok to say the media is dishonest? Because Trump says it ? Its obvious what they are doing no matter who you vote for. Remember when people didn't want Ron Paul because of his "dangerous foreign policy" which was stay out of war LOL ,, that's when they started perfecting the craft of manipulation and it became obvious. I have always said, if the media tells you not to vote for someone,,VOTE FOR THEM.
edit on 14-10-2016 by beeeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, I guess ATS exists because it makes someone money.

There's reliable media out there if you look.

If you spend your life looking at Fox, or Russia Today, or China Daily then you are lost. Similarly, if you spend your life trawling one-man-opinion blogs and YouTube channels all you will find is crap. You may think you have found the golden nugget of truth, but actually it's just another fossilised turd dressed up to look impressive.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeeyotch
I come to ATS for news, seems to make it here before the LAME STREAM as I have heard it called on here for years. Most people are conscious of the media manipulation. So why all of a sudden is it not ok to say the media is dishonest? Because Trump says it ? Its obvious what they are doing no matter who you vote for. Remember when people didn't want Ron Paul because of his "dangerous foreign policy" which was stay out of war LOL ,, that's when they started perfecting the craft of manipulation and it became obvious. I have always said, if the media tells you not to vote for someone,,VOTE FOR THEM.

The media should not be on a side.

They clearly are.

It's time to dismantle the MSM on both sides.

They think they have the right to pick our President.

They do not. It seems if they are on your side their credible.

I'm guilty of that thinking. This is the worst I have ever seen it.

At least they used to pretend to be nonpartisan.

Now it's in your face. Time to break up this media cabal.

Colluding with Campaigns. Lying about opposition.

Time to break the media down. They are too big.

They have divided us. They are a major part of the problem.

edit on 14-10-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
People see through media now more then anytime in history... everyone knows it, journalists and all. They are just doing their job and participating in the shrewd games just like politicians. It's almost like they are only there to act as a motorcade for politicians... and drag along the easily influenced. Their cancerous ways spread into everything... including counter culture dwellings, such as ATS.

They are so poor at doing the job of reporting news that now we see media latch onto any publicized story from the public that becomes quickly available and essentially allow for the public jury to act before an official investigation can occur. Example... before the Dallas cop shooter was even caught, another innocent person was aired as a suspect, that persons brother was then aired proclaiming innocence, the person then turned himself in, and was released... all because random person went on air with a picture of this man with a gun around his chest in a sling and said 'he seen the shooter.' All that happened before they killed the real suspect, but the media just sat back and let the social media run the show... like they do on everything, because they are clueless shrills.

Apparently I did not get the 'can't bash media' memo! Oh well!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

Its always ok to say and now more than ever what a bunch of tools the media have become. They want some dam elevated status like those other pricks, tv money preachers, under the 1st amendment.

And yea thats right ATS is here largely due to the F'in freekshow politically affiliated press.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Advocacy is propaganda, not journalism. MSM isn't journalism.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

They are worse than the mafia and are really Mafioso of corrupt mind twisting on a large scale. They will aid the usurpation of America while hiding behind the 1st and their freeking glory days. Even cracking the Watergate thing turned out to be more politically motivated than anything else. In fact I just did more real press work in 3 sentences than most of them do all dam day.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The mainstream media is owned by TPTB. Simple. It is no longer news, it is now news and propaganda. It is SO obvious, and many still cannot remove their collective craniums from their back-sides.

Look at the recent attacks on The Donald. He has been a billionaire for years, yet, they never thought to file a lawsuit? They never filed complaints, or charges. Really?

BUT, now that we are within 100 days of the General Election, they all come forward... it makes no damned rational sense. At all... unless the "victims" are on the Clinton payroll...

The timing of these allegations is INSANELY convenient for the Clinton camp. The media spews it, and idiots repeat it.

We are governed by a full staff of un-convicted felons... and that, my friends, is why Trump scares the bajeezus out of them.

Edit to add: Obama and Clinton will embroil us in a global war before they ever go to trial. You can bet your a$$ on that. They would rather throw 300 million Americans under the bus, than face punishment for their crimes. Believe it...
edit on 14-10-2016 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
OP you are Correct!

We come here because some Conspiracies are true. Historically, we look back and see that some are true.

The media doesn't so much as lie to us as not tell us what's going on. The omit the real issues.

I get news here and from an aggregate app called Flip board. If I need to dig deeper I'll research all manner of sites from Fox news to BBC to AL Jezeera and many english language versions of news from other countries.

Our American media would rather tell us about Kim Kardashian getting robbed than the Native American Resistance to the Pipelines. They would rather tell us about Justin Beibers new Girlfriend than Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. They never go into depth on anything and never follow up with anything and never hold anyone to the coals for lying. It's a shame.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, I guess ATS exists because it makes someone money.

There's reliable media out there if you look.

If you spend your life looking at Fox, or Russia Today, or China Daily then you are lost. Similarly, if you spend your life trawling one-man-opinion blogs and YouTube channels all you will find is crap. You may think you have found the golden nugget of truth, but actually it's just another fossilised turd dressed up to look impressive.

Well let me tell you that the LA times barred me from commenting on their editorial work. And they asked for my opinion! ATS 99.9% of the time lets me say what I want to say. So yea they are my favorite turd.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

I come to ATS for news,

Text

Isn't the walking dead coming on soon?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The major biased propaganda sources in the US.

Comcast
The Walt Disney Company
News Corporation
Time Warner
Viacom
CBS Corporation

The major propaganda providers to the them.

The Democratic Party
The Republican Party

That about covers it I think and what they choose not to report should also be included as propaganda.

Only when propaganda becomes unprofitable will it ever change. The real cause of it all is us. We allow it and even join in on it. I find it hard to drop the blame on the media entirely when they only exist because we encourage them by ignoring it and even defending them based on our being rabid fans of their products. Throw a charismatic person in front of us and we buy in, hook, line and sinker.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeeyotch
I have always said, if the media tells you not to vote for someone,,VOTE FOR THEM.

Better yet, vote for someone they completely ignore.

top topics

join