It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will You Miss About Obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Best president of my lifetime. I'll miss his class, calm wisdom, and sense of humor.

edit on 14-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Class.

I'll miss having classy, intelligent leadership. Even if his ideas often underperformed in real world situations, he had them and tried them. Which is more than I can say for either of his potentiates or most of the rats and snakes in Congress.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

The thing I like best about Obama is that he is leaving the Oval office. I will miss his lies and cheating though(unless hillary gets elected)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I will miss the hilarious, inept buffoonery of Biden. Always good for the comic relief.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
ha!
Obama...the man need not us remember him. the history books will certainly do the job of reminding the future generations. what we have gained from this is loss,
and what we have lost...we shall gain.
and again we will win
hail the great president!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
clinton is useless when it comes to speaking, while trump is a disaster, obama is a gifted orator with no scripts needed and quite funny to boot.

he stabilised america's economy after the mess w. left, managing to avoid defaulting even with the republican congress putting roadblocks up at every turn, an understated politicking machine.

he got america off the naughty boy step, the world saw w. invade countries at will without apology, anyone with any intellect knows daesh spawned from al qaeda, started by george h. w. bush in the eighties. at least obama hasn't sent troops in.

he managed to rile the far right to a degree where alex jones is a spokesperson for the republican party.

the promised apocalypse never happened, that alone deserves some credit.

he probably introduced the world to america's first black, female president.
if michelle does run in the future, the collective alt-right outrage will cause an intellectual void of theories so vast a black hole will form.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The president does nothing you fools!

They do whatever they are told, by the real gov't - they are not elected.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'll miss being able to thank him.

Thanks Obama.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Class.

I'll miss having classy, intelligent leadership. Even if his ideas often underperformed in real world situations, he had them and tried them. Which is more than I can say for either of his potentiates or most of the rats and snakes in Congress.

This.

Excellently stated.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
As a former supporter, I'll miss the cultural movement and momentary zeitgeist his failed 8 years wasted and the optimism and hope he crushed. He can never un-ring the bell that tolled as my political naiveté slipped away, only to be replaced by cynicism.
edit on 10/15/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well, I'm not a political insider but from where I see things I think he's worked well in a difficult situation. I'll miss the calm, he's brought to this country after the tense situation we were dealing with. No matter who wins, neither one will kiss our boo-boos and tuck us in like Obama did.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I do like that the Obamas don't seem to have treated the WH staff and Secret Service with disdain. That's classy.
I like that the family dynamic wasnt a train wreck. I hope that continues for them in whatever they do next.

I will not miss the impact Mr. Obama's policies have had on the middle class. We live in an average town in middle America, and everyone I know (except the few hedge-fund types) is less well-off now than 8 yrs ago. People claim the housing crash is over, but I don't know anyone whose home is valued higher now than it was when Mr. Obama took office. About half the people I know are earning LESS than they were 8 yrs ago, yet with higher Healthcare deductibles and costs ( can you say EpiPen?)

I don't have high expectations for the next 4 yrs either.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Though I loath complimenting any politician, sometimes he has a good sense of humor...or, at least his writers do..

I think he writes most of his own jokes. Regardless of who writes them though his ability to deliver a punchline is amazing. He would have a very successful career in comedy if he wanted.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

His endless race baiting.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'll miss his calm, steady, intelligent leadership. His sense of humor. The fact that he is secure enough in himself he doesn't have to prove how big his dick is every other day. I'll miss his careful analysis of various events, and how he doesn't bluster or swagger, he just gets the job done.

I'll miss his family. Michelle is first-class, and his daughters are adorable. And obviously highly intelligent, well-raised young women.

I'll miss his respect for the military - he clearly does not believe they are his personal ass-kicking squad, as some other recent presidents have done.

Being human, Obama is by no means perfect. But he is the best president in terms of real leadership that we've had in a good long time. I do not like his support for trade deals, but that is offset by his support for equal rights for all citizens.

He made three major mistakes:
- He did not pursue an honest, non-partisan investigation into the alleged war crimes of the Bush administration.
- He tried for too long to work with a Congress that was blatantly obstructive and not based on policy. I wish he had shoved their useless asses aside sooner than he did. The third mistake was part of this one:
- He compromised too much with the Republicans and their owners over the ACA. It could have been a lot better than it ended up being, because too many insurance companies had too much influence over the law.

I voted for him twice and am glad of it. We could have done a lot better with his leadership, had we had a Congress worthy of the name. But we did a lot better than we would have under the alternatives.

And now we have a giant douche bag, a turd sandwich, a stoner libertarian, and someone who always comes in on polls as "other". Hell, I'd vote for Obama again given the chance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join