It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Frenzied Donald Trump Fans Are Turning on the Media -- And It's Getting Scary

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

With the whole Hillary/Donald cartoon we have unraveling before our eyes everyone should have this in mind when they cast their votes.....
When the chips are down who is more like a snivling coward who while berating their foes would hide behind the position they're in
hardly a presidential trait, I often wonder how the Republicans even got to this point

What am I on about you say... the line "We have Nukes, why not use them?" and if ever (hoping not) Trump wins, you can guarantee he will use them from the safety of a bunker.
I know people... I'm very good at it.

Loud Bravery= Cowardice
Quiet Bravery is real Bravery.

It's that simple... this post may deviate of which I apologise but my point is quite valid.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Anyone in elected office and anyone who supports them, despite malfeasance, corruption and in some cases high crimes, and including those in journalism...

I'm not going to lose much sleep over the public finally saying "Enough!"

I will chuckle as the first youtube videos showing DIY method of hanging criminals from light posts are put up.

How can Trump supporters be turning on media anyway? Media is supposed to be the 4th Estate. It's not media being turned on... it's poltical whores with Press Passes

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

OP is another daft idiot looking in the wrong places.

This whole forum has changed, possibly even hijacked recently.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: exsanguination45

OP is another daft idiot looking in the wrong places.

This whole forum has changed, possibly even hijacked recently.

Thank you for your typical, low-information response.

Better luck next time.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888
Anyone in elected office and anyone who supports them, despite malfeasance, corruption and in some cases high crimes, and including those in journalism...

I'm not going to lose much sleep over the public finally saying "Enough!"

I will chuckle as the first youtube videos showing DIY method of hanging criminals from light posts are put up.

How can Trump supporters be turning on media anyway? Media is supposed to be the 4th Estate. It's not media being turned on... it's poltical whores with Press Passes

Thanks for personally legitimizing the statements made in the OP.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
Good its about time the media is held accountable for the complicity in the corruption. They have proven to be mostly corporate schills and I do not feel sorry for them.

You know, I'm going to be very blunt with you.

I didn't understand until recently how the Holocaust could happen.

Now, sadly, I do.

Thanks for your post. Seems the OP is spot on.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The holocaust happened maybe not precisely as written but it happened. And it was uglier than hell. (as told to me)
edit on 16-10-2016 by Encryptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

There's a reason why George Orwell's protagonist worked in the Ministry of Truth - Orwell was highlighting the power and danger of a compromised press. Control the media, control the message, control the people.

Yes, I know I'm quoting myself, but I found it quite scary that a few days after writing this post, we have this news report...

Obama calls for more control over media

“We are going to have to rebuild within this wild-wild-west-of-information flow some sort of curating function that people agree to,” Obama said at an innovation conference in Pittsburgh.

“There has to be, I think, some sort of way in which we can sort through information that passes some basic truthiness tests and those that we have to discard, because they just don’t have any basis in anything that’s actually happening in the world,” Obama added.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

So violence is okay, if you agree with the point of it?

Well, you certainly are OK with it.

I mean, unless you want to abolish the police, the military, ban all liberal Hollywood movies, and start burning books that portray violence.

If you were truly opposed to violence, well you would have a considerable number of threads against the MSM for promoting violence, and you would of course have a whole arsenal of threads posted on how the left has been co-opting violent protests and riots in response to lawful police shootings.

Nope, you are taking the relatively tame emotional response from people, and using it to condemn a whole group of people, while completely ignoring the countless examples of left-wing terrorism. Sounds like you are quite alright with violence, as long as it's your 'team' doing it.
edit on 16-10-2016 by GodEmperor because: grammar

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

So ... your logic is that Obama is working with Trump (who wants to control the media directly through intimidation)?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

No. I'm not "okay with" police violence or military action, that's merely your interpretation, which of course, you're welcome to, even though it's blatantly incorrect.

Your comment about movies and books is just showing your own stupid bias.

Not that much of a thread composer actually, but I've stated my condemnation on many occasions regarding any violence (including from what you're calling "the left") used for political purposes. It's wrong. Don't pretend like you've gone back and tracked everything I've said on the subject because that would be an obvious lie on your part.

One of several.

You see, conveniently, you're ignoring the jist of what I'm saying here. I am opposed to violence in general and political violence specifically. Of course, people have the right to defend themselves if attacked. Police have the right to defend the public from attack, and the military has the right to defend our nation ... if attacked.

Violence is an unfortunate necessity to restrain violent action on the part of others and to keep ourselves safe.

You want to throw in your right-wing agenda garbage about "lawful police shootings" here? You're wrong, off-topic and displaying your ignorant bias (not to mention your innate love of authoritarianism, thrown in for good balance.)

Hey a wingnut trifecta!

What we see in the video in the OP is quite simply criminal assault on people who were at that ridiculous "rally" just doing their jobs (spare me the garbage about Nuremberg). Those media personnel haven't caused any harm to any of those nutjobs. (Saying something about your candidate that you don't like is not "harm.")

You call that psychotic woman's response "tame"? Well, that's your opinion. Mine is that she's froot loops (and not merely because she's a Trump supporter).

You seem to think (as do other Trump supporters) that you can just open the box on this kind of violence and rage for your own political agenda ... and then you're going to put it back in the box when you get what you want. Nope, that's not how it works.

Violence begets violence, and political violence quickly becomes an unmanageable scourge.
edit on 16-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I for one have no problem with this at all. In fact, I enjoy hearing about it. They deserve everything they get and much, much more. They are complicit in corruption, murder and rape and if they started getting whacked I would lose no sleep.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm afraid that violence occurs when all other options are exhausted. There is violence now on both sides and it is only going to get worse until people start to actually discuss things honestly. Having said that, there are no examples of violence in the OP. Unless people's opinions are scary, there was no evidence posted to suggest a problem.

As for the media - the people turned on them long ago as evidenced by their awful trust rating. Only the laggards actually trust the MSM and what they do and say on a day to day basis is disgusting, dishonest and immoral.
edit on 16/10/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyJones63
I for one have no problem with this at all. In fact, I enjoy hearing about it. They deserve everything they get and much, much more. They are complicit in corruption, murder and rape and if they started getting whacked I would lose no sleep.

......you'd welcome members of the print media, who are being shouted at by Trump by - gasp! - daring to point out the gaping holes in his entire platform, his hypocrisy and his blatant sexism (not to mention that he either lies a lot or has a very short memory when it comes to recalling what he said), being murdered by unhinged idiots.
Right.
Fine.
Do you even understand the nature of the First Amendment?
I am a journalist. I know that Hillary Clinton is a flawed candidate. However, I also know (having done my research) that Hillary's flaws are snowflakes compared with the giant iceberg that represents Trump's flaws. I also know that if I was a US political journalist right now I'd be dreading covering his rallies, because sooner or later some deranged nutjob is going to do something very, very stupid.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I'm afraid that violence occurs when all other options are exhausted. There is violence now on both sides and it is only going to get worse until people start to actually discuss things honestly. Having said that, there are no examples of violence in the OP. Unless people's opinions are scary, there was no evidence posted to suggest a problem.

As for the media - the people turned on them long ago as evidenced by their awful trust rating. Only the laggards actually trust the MSM and what they do and say on a day to day basis is disgusting, dishonest and immoral.

Speaking as a member of the media I can confidently say that you don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about. Par for the course really.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Oh no, you made it quite clear your support for violence.

'Rabid Trump supporters', the implication is that you want to 'take them out back and shoot 'em'.

Of course, we could delve a little deeper into your ageism, or intolerance towards elderly people. Poor old grandma, it seems you are in desperate fear against the elderly, and suggesting violence against them. Keep in mind, the majority of Trump supporters are 65+.

So we have established, that you consider Trump supporters, composed largely of elderly individuals, as 'rabid'; and well we all know what happens to animals with rabies.

It is safe to add Bigotry and Intolerance towards the elderly to the democrat platform, ie ageism.

Thanks for clearing everything up for us.
edit on 16-10-2016 by GodEmperor because: grammar

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

......you'd welcome members of the print media, who are being shouted at by Trump by - gasp! - daring to point out the gaping holes in his entire platform, his hypocrisy and his blatant sexism (not to mention that he either lies a lot or has a very short memory when it comes to recalling what he said), being murdered by unhinged idiots.
Right.
Fine.
I am a journalist. I know that Hillary Clinton is a flawed candidate. However, I also know (having done my research) that Hillary's flaws are snowflakes compared with the giant iceberg that represents Trump's flaws. I also know that if I was a US political journalist right now I'd be dreading covering his rallies, because sooner or later some deranged nutjob is going to do something very, very stupid.

You don't 'know' - you have an opinion, just like the rest of us. My opinion is that Hillary represents the very worst of humanity, with no equal in her utter disregard for life, liberty or justice.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Right.
Fine.

You don't 'know' - you have an opinion, just like the rest of us. My opinion is that Hillary represents the very worst of humanity, with no equal in her utter disregard for life, liberty or justice.

Absolute rubbish. Are you claiming that Hillary Clinton is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot or Idi Amin? They represent the very worst of humanity. Good grief, are you just demented with hate or something?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Right.
Fine.

Absolute rubbish. Are you claiming that Hillary Clinton is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot or Idi Amin? They represent the very worst of humanity. Good grief, are you just demented with hate or something?

Yes - she is worse, though her death count is not quite up there - yet. She'll get there though. My opinion of course.
As for your view of my opinion? Tough.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Right.
Fine.

Yes - she is worse, though her death count is not quite up there - yet. She'll get there though. My opinion of course.
As for your view of my opinion? Tough.

Given the fact that the list I just gave murdered millions of people, and Hillary Clinton has not, I think that I am correct in my diagnosis. You are demented with hatred for her, to the point where you make nonsensical statements that thoroughly deserve to be laughed at hysterically.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join