It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Frenzied Donald Trump Fans Are Turning on the Media -- And It's Getting Scary

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
There. A string of posts was necessary to get caught up. Whine and cry about overreaction if you must.

I know this is the Mud Pit folks but for goodness sakes, surely some of you understand the difference between a reasonable argument and the BS that's getting posted here. You're not fooling anyone when you try to deny reality and twist someone's own posted words against them ... you just look mentally challenged.

The comparisons between Hillary rallies and Trump rallies and the people at them is absurd. Why is it, do you think that the ONLY reports of repeated violence keep arising from Trump gatherings? What's the common element?

That's right. Trump.

The OP is a clear indication that our political dialogue in this country is in shambles and some are resorting to violence and the threat of violence to get their unhinged points across. Some of you have conveniently forgotten that there is now a "right-wing" MSM as well ... just as corrupt, just as serving of their masters' interests, and far, far more biased and dishonest about reporting the actual facts. Yet, just like the violence at Trump rallies against protesters (and some of the violence earlier in the summer against Trump supporters inside and outside those rallies) you are literally BLIND to the facts that are right before you, that your right-wing "news" sites are just as corrupt, just as one-sided, just as full of BS as anyone.

So drop the "watering the tree of liberty" excuses for political violence. Thomas Jefferson would urinate on that rampant level of misappropriation of his words. Own your own denial and start using your rational faculties again.

And stop lying to yourself.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Gryphon66

Every damn protesting group has been violent lately. It pisses me off, and has no connection to Trump specifically. Left, Right, BLM you name it.

Times are changing used to be protesting was something other countries did. Used to be that both parties would compromise and find solutions those days are gone. What are we left with a society that is tearing itself apart do to self centered groups who will do anu thing to see there agenda passed . And if you don't well they'll burn down the place and everyone in it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Puppylove

Every damn protesting group has been violent lately. It pisses me off, and has no connection to Trump specifically. Left, Right, BLM you name it.

Times are changing used to be protesting was something other countries did. Used to be that both parties would compromise and find solutions those days are gone. What are we left with a society that is tearing itself apart do to self centered groups who will do anu thing to see there agenda passed . And if you don't well they'll burn down the place and everyone in it.

You captured the concerns of my OP quite well.

It's not the violence of one side or the other that is the problem ... it's VIOLENCE.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jellyrev

Isn't there a thread showing the media obsessing about trump and being silent about the leaks except fox.

At the very least the leaks are showing quite a few of the MSM are friends with the Hillary campaign, if not carrying water for the campaign.

What do people do in other countries when their media is seriously attempting to alter the election via biased news, considering the fact some of the media owners are not even US citizens its even worse.

Perhaps, but this thread is about the rabid Trump supporters attacking the press, one of whom is pictured above.

I'd like for you to look into those eyes and calculate the sanity you see left there.

I see anger and maybe some hate. The media...news specifically is supposed to report facts. Yes, there has been a huge growth of opinion segments and so long as they are separate from the factual news...all is well. I know Fox News does a descent job of that separation.

But when "reporters" and "investigators" choose the desired outcome and then pick and choose their "facts", news has lost its way and purpose. They still play the game that they are reporting FOR the people based upon facts and truths, but in reality they are reporting bias and opinionated positions to push an agenda. There are more than enough CNN tidbits proving the conspiracy of being directed or modifying their reporting based upon the Clinton campaign's wishes. There are incidents of proven bias where Clinton was given questions prior to an interview while the interview implied that the questions were not staged or the deck stacked.

We already know we can't trust the government, we know we can't trust the politicians, we have learned we can't trust our representatives and now (well...for a long time for many) we see we can't trust the news. When this many groups conspire together to push an opinion and an agenda, but lie and pretend to be non-bias...that is corruption.

For example...we all know about state-run media in "other" countries. Where we laugh how Iraq's news reports lies or North Korea's news reports lies. We look at these as funny while a tad frightening and say to ourselves "wow...what a bunch of idiots to believe that" or "look at how corrupt this dictatorship is". The fact is this...WE HAVE STATE RUN MEDIA! We are being lied to and we are no different than North Korea in that respect. The people are told to believe lies from even the President (Iran money transfers for example). THAT is a government that needs toppling or at minimum...a REGIME CHANGE!

Maybe Russia can help with that. I almost invite it. I'll decide for sure after November's vote.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Partisan Crowds at Trump Rallies Menace and Frighten News Media - New York Times

On Thursday evening, there were noticeably more Secret Service agents monitoring the news media’s pen, though the agency declined to comment about the protection. Both CNN and NBC News have their own security at Trump rallies to protect their reporters and cameramen.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So, how would any of that change under a Trump Presidency?

In your opinion?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Look at that lady, up above ... do you think that's going to fade away in November?

I hope not.

A free and impartial media is one of the cornerstones of a true civil society. It's also one of the first things to be compromised when democracy is starting to fail.

When the vast majority of the MSM are found to be in the pocket of a single political party - and understand this well, it's not just a leaning or bias in one direction, it's taking marching orders from that party - then you have a massive threat to society.

There's a reason why George Orwell's protagonist worked in the Ministry of Truth - Orwell was highlighting the power and danger of a compromised press. Control the media, control the message, control the people.

The current actions of the MSM should actually be bringing both sets of supporters together, because it's a concern for everybody. Conveniently, the supporters who are getting told what they want to hear have decided to let it happen. I hope they remember that when the party message suddenly makes them the bad guys. Perhaps they will appreciate the problem when they try to cry foul but no one is left to listen.

This is a fight completely worth fighting, and supporters of all parties should be standing shoulder to shoulder.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
What's scary is that everyone knows that the MSM is corrupt to #, but half of America don't care because it's their candidate that they are supporting.

Problem isn't the corruption, problem is the idiots who allow it.
edit on 15-10-2016 by liammc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

A free and impartial media? You mean one that agrees with you?

The "MSM" is not in the pocket of a political party ... they are owned by six corporate centers.

First of all the media has been a tool of the powerful since its inception. Let's not pretend like that's not true.

A member provided an excellent Jefferson quote earlier that proves that fact.

Reporting on Trump's admitted assault on women and his alleged pedophilia is not "bias" it's just a truth that many don't like.

The fight is worth fighting? Fair enough.

I'm amending my stance. When anyone brings violence to me and mine, you're going to get the same or worse in return.

So, keep up with the false equivalencies. Violence against the press is not an option. Violence against others just because they disagree with your politics is not an option.

There's just as much of the "MSM" in the tank for Trump as for Clinton. Every email, Benghazi, Whitewater, every Bill indiscretion for 20 years.

Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. When I hear one reasonable voice stand up and focus on THE TRUTH rather than thun spun straw I keep seeing, I'll gladly listen.

The only way "out of this" is to start focusing on the truth. I don't have a lot of hope for that after seeing the responses in this thread.

The media is about what it's always been ... profit and public opinion.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: liammc
What's scary is that everyone knows that the MSM is corrupt to #, but half of America don't care because it's their candidate that they are supporting.

Did you mean to add "on both sides"?

If so, I agree completely.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

... but what should trouble ALL OF US ... are the emotions that are being played upon by the Trump Campaign which ARE NOT GOING AWAY when he loses in November.

You can bet your ass those emotions won't be going away any time soon if Hillary wins (steals) the election.

Who could blame them when we've witnessed what we have from the MSM media this election??? The MSM is committing suicide as we speak to try and drag that bag of crap over the finish line. Any shred of credibility they had left is long gone.

edit on 15-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

... but what should trouble ALL OF US ... are the emotions that are being played upon by the Trump Campaign which ARE NOT GOING AWAY when he loses in November.

You can bet your ass those emotions won't be going away any time soon if Hillary wins (steals) the election.

Who could blame them when we've witnessed what we have from the MSM media this election??? The MSM is committing suicide as we speak to try and drag that bag of crap over the finish line. Any shred of credibility they had left is long gone.

Right. What we've witnessed from the MSM? What? Every new email server announcement has been covered, time given to the Kangaroo Congressional Court on Benghazi, now emails, now Bill Clinton's infidelities, Hillary's health issues ... what more do you want them to report on?

You're in agreement with my OP. These emotions aren't going away; it's the new normal.

I think we should all take steps to protect ourselves and our families. The absurd, irrational bigotry evidenced in the OP is not going away, that's the one thing becoming clear to me here.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

but this thread is about the rabid Trump supporters attacking the press, one of whom is pictured above.

Actually this thread seems to be about you, your opinion, and you defending your opinion, religiously.

Funny how you're against violence toward the media, yet you'll sit there posting here some pretty nasty replies to people. So you don't like physical violence but cyber bullying is a non-issue for you?

Perhaps you want to gryph-off for a bit and let others discuss "what this thread is about" without you taking a lunge at everyone who has even a mildly differing opinion.

The media aside, it's attitude's like yours that are probably fuelling real people's emotion and anger. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Well you never see massive mad slobbering anti Trump protest types save at Trump events. Whats that all about? Trying to intimidate folks attending a Trump event. All your photos and vids of "clashes" take place with rabid anti Trump types and folks just going about their way. So stop kidding yourself. The left liberal demonstrate the clear use of violence in their assorted demonstrations over the last 4 years.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well you never see massive mad slobbering anti Trump protest types save at Trump events. Whats that all about? Trying to intimidate folks attending a Trump event. All your photos and vids of "clashes" take place with rabid anti Trump types and folks just going about their way. So stop kidding yourself. The left liberal demonstrate the clear use of violence in their assorted demonstrations over the last 4 years.

What's that all about? American's exercising their right to free speech? To assemble? Are these new concepts for you?

Sure, go ahead, explain to us how one or two Trump protesters are intimidating hundreds of Trump supporters.

I haven't posted any "photos" or "vids" ... except for the notably crazy lady with the "Women for Trump" t-shirt on.

"left liberal" blatta blatta blah. More BS.

Oh now it's 4 years of violence on the part of this imaginary "left wing" you're talking about? LOL. LOL. LOL.

Desperation.

Isn't all violence anywhere from "the left"?

Let's just ignore Mr. Trump's calls for violence from the podium. Wait, does that make him a "leftist" too?

(Funny, you might be half-right there.)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: markymint

but this thread is about the rabid Trump supporters attacking the press, one of whom is pictured above.

Actually this thread seems to be about you, your opinion, and you defending your opinion, religiously.

Funny how you're against violence toward the media, yet you'll sit there posting here some pretty nasty replies to people. So you don't like physical violence but cyber bullying is a non-issue for you?

Perhaps you want to gryph-off for a bit and let others discuss "what this thread is about" without you taking a lunge at everyone who has even a mildly differing opinion.

The media aside, it's attitude's like yours that are probably fuelling real people's emotion and anger. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Yeah, I'm the one who keeps talking about me. Kinda of like what you're doing, eh?

I give what I get in here. I supposed you've completely missed the "nasty replies" to me? Typical.

Perhaps you can find a topic to talk about here that isn't me? Someone said something about about pathetic "armchair analysis."

The topic here is violence for political purposes not "Everything I don't' Like About Gryph."

Grow up and get on topic or spare us your half-baked BS.

K?
edit on 15-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yeah on both sides. Trump is an idiot and Hillary is a snake, neither should be anywhere near the POTUS job, yet both have unconditional support from the American people.

I'm from the UK so I don't support either, but at the moment I am both amused and worried at how stupid the American people have become, you treat the biggest election in the world like it's a reality TV show.

edit on 15-10-2016 by liammc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Yeah on both sides. Trump is an idiot and Hillary is a snake, neither should be anywhere near the POTUS job, yet both have unconditional support from the American people.

I'm from the UK so I don't support either, but at the moment I am both amused and worried at how stupid the American people have become, you treat the biggest election in the world like it's a reality TV show.

I agree with you completely on all points.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
To pretend that the media is innocent, and are actually doing their job is laughable.

The media should be independent of party affiliation, and the moment they become biased, they are nothing more than a parody of themselves.

PuppyLove is right, they haven't been true to that in a very long time.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Western frontier report

Civil war has emerged in USA among blue and red factions. While one is supporting war criminal and mafioso grandioso in skirts, the other is pushing some nasty and really horny clown. But in blue (or red?) camp there is The Challenger, mighty Bill who probably groped every pawn in WH. Over such barrage, still, status quo offender, Mr. Tupe, is attacking lowest grounds with his bigotry and chauvinism. But, his opponent have still in background some really bad stuff, who some deranged souls call treason.

Who will win this race to bottom?

That is, for sure, open question. What we can clearly say now is: God save those poor souls in USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join