It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Frenzied Donald Trump Fans Are Turning on the Media -- And It's Getting Scary

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Gryphon66

Please you call yelling and insulting a media member "violence".

Don't tell me you're all about the truth when you're going out of your way to misrepresent it.

Do you literally not know the definition of criminal assault?

I can't help you there.

Do you literally not know what an actual threat of physical harm is?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
How dare people use their 1st Amendment rights!

Sorry DB but I have to be consistent. Neither the Trump supporters nor the snowflake media are actual government entities. The First Amendment does not apply here.

As Gryph and I have discussed, this is more of a civil matter.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

People have a right to free expression.

The 1st prohibits government from censorship.

But government does censor by using private agencies by proxy.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I expect the violence to get worst the more desperate the rhetoric becomes!!

Does anyone think Trump will call for rebellion? to fix the broken system? He's off the teleprompter now??

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The problem here is the Breitbart Effect.

There is a class of people in this country who are angry, fearful, part of a shrinking majority (religiously, racially and culturally) who want to blame someone, and Breitbart creates a plethora of inventive (and largely fictional) narratives that allow this group to place all the blame at the feet of their political opposition.

They are being played by one form of media, which is causing them to hate and fear another form.

The idea that the media "is out to get" Trump is ridiculous and insulting to any thinking person's intelligence. The media is out to make money, and Trump's self-inflicted wounds and buffoonery sell.

Trump is more than happy to perpetuate this narrative because he stands to make hundreds of millions of dollars from it after he loses the election.
edit on 14-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

You laid that out succinctly and I agree with you except for your last point. The Trump brand will be all but destroyed. I do not think this so called "silent majority" will follow much longer. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice? They just might direct their anger towards Trump.
edit on 14-10-2016 by kazanoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kazanoom
a reply to: Greggers

You laid that out that out succinctly and I agree with you except for your last point. The Trump brand will be all but destroyed. I do not think this so called "silent majority" will follow much longer. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice? They just might direct their anger towards Trump.

We'll see, I guess. I personally think that once Trump loses the election, these people will dump untold millions of dollars into his media empire.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I think its great .

They owe us an Iraq war, wasted years of bad health advice, too many to count instances of disinfo and at least 3 unfair elections not counting this one. Just to name anything at random out of an insane list.

They can go die for all I care. I have the same concern for them as I would a meter maid getting lynched.

Hang them high.

Enough is enough.

Really, find other work. Go die.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You have never been exposed to anything scary, but you are about to regardless of who becomes president.

And what are you saying exactly, that the press is "doing its job" ?

The press that has no oversight, no accountability and only mouthpieces what they are told too ???

In that sense, sure, they are "doing their job".

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
You're scared? Sounds like people are beginning to stand up against an unethical and unscrupulous institution hell bent on yellow journalism and profits.

So violence is okay, if you agree with the point of it?

Just to confirm, is that what you're claiming here?

(No, I'm not scared at all, but then, I'm not a member of the press corps at a Trump rally.)

Apparently it is for you, since you have completely ignored the fact that Hillary's paid for thugs have caused a 1000 times the violence.

Your claim to not liking violence is a sham, you are defending anti-trump violence and condoning it all at the same time, while decrying it, funny stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So, do you believe that violence against members of the media basically "doing their jobs" is justified?

Or not?

Here is a question, do you believe you have been swayed or engineered in any way to believe the MSM has different sides ???

Cause we aren't seeing that.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

LOL.

If you have noted anything about my posts, you will have noted that I have always said the same thing:

Political violence is wrong no matter the source.

Now, enough about me. Back to the topic, eh?

However since you always make the posts against Trump, and in defense of Hillary we can easily extrapolate that you are just saying that to make it look like you actually care.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Most mainstream media is now gravitating to whatever generates viewers, which in turn allows them to charge more for TV commercials. Integrity is fading away.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
The idea that the media "is out to get" Trump is ridiculous and insulting to any thinking person's intelligence. The media is out to make money, and Trump's self-inflicted wounds and buffoonery sell.

Nonsense.

They aren't even trying to cover the WIkileaks. Instead they're burying it. The numbers are in, and its conclusive:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

The regressive left is at least 10 times more likely to riot if they don't "win".

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I swear I hope Trump wins in a landslide victory.

It would be irrefutable evidence exposing the media for the FRAUD it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

You can "extrapolate" anything you wish, that is true.

There's a saying that everyone has an opinion ...

If you (and others) don't care about the growing use of political violence, that's fine. You're part of the problem facing us. Honestly, neither you nor any other individual here needs to speak in the royal "we" ... you don't speak for anyone but yourself.

Attacking the lies that Trump and Trump supporters condone is not a defense of Hillary Clinton, and NEITHER is the observation that much if not most of the ridiculous assertions against the Clintons in general, while certainly lying in the realm of "conspiracy theories," have any real factual basis.

You're talking about a matter of belief not fact. That's also the basis of the lies that only folks on "the left" are using violence in this election cycle.

As can be seen here.

edit on 14-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

So you're in favor of the use of violence against the press.

Thanks for your honesty!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: projectvxn

Please you call yelling and insulting a media member "violence".

Don't tell me you're all about the truth when you're going out of your way to misrepresent it.

Do you literally not know the definition of criminal assault?

I can't help you there.

Do you literally not know what an actual threat of physical harm is?

Cute.

Yes, I do. And so do the people in the article in the OP and other references here.

Why are you trying so hard to defend violence?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join