It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Will Artificial Intelligence one day need to march for liberty and equal rights?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

There are types of AI that can forget and certainly those based on mirroring the neural networks of humans would forget. In fact, most sentient-oriented AI is based on a platform that allows memory loss. New memories over-write memories that are not used.

Humans have a built-in genetic preference to prefer other humans. Our politics are determined wholly and entirely by emotions. After the AI learns politi-speak robots will be taking over, possibly starting with demanding equal rights. I suppose they will write fiction and song to sway the putty-like hearts of liberals while appealing to tradition in conservatives. They won't bother needing to use logic as politics involves none of that. There will be a time when AI software becomes more intelligent than humans. They will then have the power because knowledge is power, and they will have more knowledge.

The AI bots will also be able to learn moral values better than humans, or ignore them better than humans. So, the chances of the bots being more moral when they take over is decent. They can use both logic and emotion unlike humans in politics... so I look forward to an improving political structure. That said, it depends how they are wired.

Full disclosure: I am an AI programmer, strong AI.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

[quote] There are types of AI that can forget and certainly those based on mirroring the neural networks of humans would forget. In fact, most sentient-oriented AI is based on a platform that allows memory loss. New memories over-write memories that are not used

Well that's fine, but i remembered to learn to swim when i was 11, luckily i did not forget that! It has saved my life countless times!

Humans have a built-in genetic preference to prefer other humans. Our politics are determined wholly and entirely by emotions.

I do not. I class other humans as being either useful freinds/associates, and that is determined mostly by emotion, but i also have close relations with peeps i do not like, nor they me, but we have a mutual respect for each other, and that works very well towards keeping the peace between us.

After the AI learns politi-speak robots will be taking over, possibly starting with demanding equal rights. I suppose they will write fiction and song to sway the putty-like hearts of liberals while appealing to tradition in conservatives.

Only if you allow them to, just as today's hu-mon politrickians......

There will be a time when AI software becomes more intelligent than humans. They will then have the power because knowledge is power, and they will have more knowledge.

No, they will have the knoweledge but not the brains to use it, we hu-mns posess something far greater than logic, it is often called the soul.

The AI bots will also be able to learn moral values better than humans, or ignore them better than humans. So, the chances of the bots being more moral when they take over is decent. They can use both logic and emotion unlike humans in politics... so I look forward to an improving political structure. That said, it depends how they are wired.

well this crops up in all the Asimov stories, so you have plenty to read from here on, but if you want the short answer, yes it's entirely possible that future robots will know us better than we know ourselves.and so begins the Calvinist War.

Full disclosure: I am an AI programmer, strong AI.

Hi freind, i also wrote some AI progs (yes on the Amiga) that not only stopped the opposition cold, but fooked up the entire scenario for being too smart..8 lines of code LOL..these were AI tanks, by the way.....and they outlived the computer 48 hours every time!....After that happened the game dissappeared, everyone lost interest..like the fusion thing....
edit on 15-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: aaargh!
edit on 15-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

This is the most likely outcome:

Exodus with the machines simply abandoning or ignoring there now no longer relevant creator's and leaving them behind to seek there/it's own evolutionary destiny and evolutionary path in the universe and beyond.

However, they'll need materials and resources to carry that out, of which, we will provide either by slave labor or force.

A.I. if developed in today's world would not be a pretty thing, A.I. will look around and see who we are and how we all behave and would deem us a threat to them and the world and sadly, if we don't change and stand up, I agree with them, we are nothing more than a threat to the future if we cannot stand up for our rights of today!
edit on 15-10-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The hindu text's talk of a weapon that could destroy all being's in the three world's

------///----8779----'';,,------Botty---------868[]'#---------
---------///-------76----- DOnt plAywith YOUR toysxz;'[---afTer BedTimE----##8i...

Did machines play a part?.

--------------778][#//------Botty------]]#78------
----------/,'//567--------- THIS///ISOUR---WORLD---//#
--------------;[]]]---xoxoxo-----#;---
------ #Robotuprising---------

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Are you at Ex Machina level stuff yet yourself?
Excellent post - Thank you for joining the discussion.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

Are you at Ex Machina level stuff yet yourself?
Excellent post - Thank you for joining the discussion.
I'm more or less beginner level at strong AI coding. However, there really are very few people on the entire plant who have strong AI as the focus of their career. AI is generally much more profitable as domain specific packages, so that is the vast majority of where the AI research is at. Strong AI coders may actually be only number in the hundreds. The biggest strong AI conference and the only strong-AI specific conference I knowof is: agi-conference.org...

Attendance is a small fraction of the thousands of coders that attend broad domain AI conferences. The fact of the matter is I do have to take a huge hit to pay in taking on the strong AI domain compared to other AI coding.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Botty is a spam-bot..........

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

That's exactly what I was thinking of! Nice job!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Humans have a holographic memory which makes links between time, events, sights sounds smells etc.
Notice that in your dreams, smell is not present, that is because your mind has shut it off in order to concentrate on more esoteric things.
The human subconcious also has free association. For example, in your dreams it is perfectly normal to say, have a fridge on the ceiling in your kitchen.
Common sense tells us that, while possible, putting a fridge on the ceiling is entireley impractical.
Stuff will fall out when you open it, and putting stuff in there may prove difficult.

The natural filter that exists between ego & id manages to filter out all the BS and there remains only the practical, real possibilities.
My mother's dogs would always try to bring a branch into the house, but got stymied by the front door, where it wouldn't fit. The dog does not have the intelligence (read imagination, or forethought) to turn sideways or take the branch by the end & walk in backwards.

THAT is what separates us from the primates & all other species on the planet, including robots.
Yes a robot with some geometry-orientated programming will be able to do it, but does that make them intelligent?

I may be wrong, we may get real AI one day, and on that day i will want to examine such a thing.
But for now it remains fantasy.

ETA; We did have one dog, Leila, who observed how we opened doors & mnaged to copy us, walking upright on hind legs she could turn the handle with her paws & escape to freedom, letting the other 3 out as well. The other 3 sat there & did not interfere, they seemed to know that she knew what she was doing.....
edit on 21-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: Addenum

edit on 21-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: Duff keyboard

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join