It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

No more voting with nothing to lose.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just a question but why allow those on the welfare system and no job to vote? Doesn't it make more sense for those that pay taxes and actually have a vested interest in the country's future to have the say? Seems odd to allow people with no ambitions or job to vote at all. Those without jobs should be alowed to vote if they have valid ids and choose to commit to 3 months community service. I believe if should pay taxes to earn the right to vote. Just my .02.
edit on 14-10-2016 by Anathros because: Typo

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

So... all the out of work veterans, all the disabled people, all the people who have been laid off from jobs they should have been able to keep till they were dead...

All these people, and myriad others besides, have to jump through a hoop to meet your econo-fascist standards? Thankfully, your standards are moot.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So... all the out of work veterans, all the disabled people, all the people who have been laid off from jobs they should have been able to keep till they were dead...

All these people, and myriad others besides, have to jump through a hoop to meet your econo-fascist standards? Thankfully, your standards are moot.

No sir. I referring to those that are gaming the system. If you've been out of work for 4 years, you're a drain on the taxpayer and apparently unwilling to a job you believe you're too good for. I didn't mention disability and there are plenty of places looking for veterans.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from.... but..... it is possible that gainful employment isn't available due to the actions of politicians and their policies. The unemployed need to be able to have a say in the future of the labor market.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think people who believe others should not have a vote should lose their right to vote.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I willingly admit it seems harsh but what's wrong with community service to get unemployment? What's wrong with giving back to taxpayer that you're taking from? Our social security is going bankrupt and I now see teens on disability with ptsd that have never SERVED IN COMBAT. Why should their votes be as important as a hard working tax payer with a family that pinches pennies check to check to buy groceries as opposed to a family if 4 living under one household all receiving food stamps?

Yeah its harsh but it's our reality here in America. I ran a pawn shop for years. I remember folks trying to sell their food stamps for half on the dollar or even less. I've seen the perfectly healthy 19 yo cash his disability check and buy subwoofers or a stereo.

2 weeks ago I was in line at a grocery store and a lady had $600 worth of meat on the counter. I jokingly asked if I was invited to the BBQ. She looked me right in the eye and I quote "I can't buy dog food with my ebt card so I just feed him steaks and meat.

Wtf..? I work hard and don't get to buy $1000 worth of groceries a month. Hell yes, my vote should mean more than hers.
edit on 14-10-2016 by Anathros because: Typo

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

Just a question but why allow those on the welfare system and no job to vote? Doesn't it make more sense for those that pay taxes and actually have a vested interest in the country's future to have the say? Seems odd to allow people with no ambitions or job to vote at all. Those without jobs should be alowed to vote if they have valid ids and choose to commit to 3 months community service. I believe if should pay taxes to earn the right to vote. Just my .02.

I agree. We should also keep those stupid women from voting and those colored people too. Only land-owning WASPs should be able to vote.

You know that little thing called the Constitution? It says everyone over 18 gets to vote. Suck it up.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I ran a pawn shop for years.

How much stolen property did you buy and resale for a profit?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I agree. We should also keep those stupid women from voting and those colored people too. Only land-owning WASPs should be able to vote.

You know that little thing called the Constitution? It says everyone over 18 gets to vote. Suck it up.

I knew it would be unpopular when I posted it but it's more logical to have those that keep the system running voting than those that leach off it. Yeah, it's am ugly thing to say but it's how I feel. I hear folks complain about equal pay for equal jobs but equal voting for unequal work is fine.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I hear folks complain about equal pay for equal jobs but equal voting for unequal work is fine.

How do you define equal work? By pay scale? We already have that to an extent. Money affects elections. A high paid CEO gets more vote than lower paid worker?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I ran a pawn shop for years.

How much stolen property did you buy and resale for a profit?

If such items were found to be stolen (a list of all pawns and buys were sent to local police aND sheriff's office) we had to return them at our loss. Plenty of low class family members did this by stealing from family and never prosecuted. We were simply stuck with the loss we paid out for a 'stolen" item and nobody was ever charged for a crime.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Do you understand that an economic system based on capitalism, REQUIRES a certain number of people not to be employed, otherwise the entire system cannot work? Capitalism cannot survive one hundred percent of employable people, actually being employed at any one time. Look it up.

These people are living on the hard end, no matter what you think of their lifestyle, and are none the less performing a function of your societies financial underpinnings.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I hear folks complain about equal pay for equal jobs but equal voting for unequal work is fine.

How do you define equal work? By pay scale? We already have that to an extent. Money affects elections. A high paid CEO gets more vote than lower paid worker?

No but should lower paid worker and ceos vote count the same as sone one that hasn't tried to get a job in 4 years? Remember Obama removed stipulations proving you're looking for a job to gain unemployment.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Since I make a lot more than you can I have two or more votes?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why are we pretending we don't have millions gaming the system that will NEVER LOOK FOR A JOB? Why pretend there aren't women out there with 6 children and they're being claimed by different family members? Lets have a real conversation about how they're always gonna vote to live and leech off the decent taxpayers of our great country?

Is community service 3 days a week really asking to much? Why can't they hold signs for the highway department? Helping at animal shelters or schools or even cleaning graffiti? Why is it so offensive to ask for something in return for their welfare?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Isn't the proper solution to change the system that determines how this money is spent. Not letting certain people vote doesn't mean anything will change.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I understand completely what you are saying. I have been struggling for years to keep my head above water to survive while watching those on the "government take" lay around enjoying life and eating like kings. I have been out of work for over 7 years and not taken 1 penny of government hand outs. I eat unhealthy foods most of the time because it is cheaper(if I eat at all), I can not do any "fun" stuff because I spend most of my time trying to figure out where my next meal is coming from. I feel very successful as a human being because what I have is mine and I have earned it. So yes if someone is on welfare as their job then why shouldn't they contribute in some way to society. If you sign up for welfare you should have to sign a document giving up your right to vote until which time you become a productive member of society again. And don't want to hear not fair to ask Americans to do that. We have to register for the draft if we want then right to drive.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Isn't the proper solution to change the system that determines how this money is spent. Not letting certain people vote doesn't mean anything will change.

Then system doesn't go after the guilty. They simply collect more taxes. It's easier that way. No political party wants to touch the issue. Just like gun control. The dems folded on the Brady bill because it was an election year. They only care about staying in office.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

In fact it does! The Obama election was based on the many "welfare recipients he got to vote by promising them Obama phones! I watched an interview after the election that had one such recipient exclaiming "we love Obama. He gave us cell phones and he's gonna give us more stuff". Sorry that this was so long ago I cannot post a source but it was on national television so many of you might remember ti.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

I understand completely what you are saying. I have been struggling for years to keep my head above water to survive while watching those on the "government take" lay around enjoying life and eating like kings. I have been out of work for over 7 years and not taken 1 penny of government hand outs. I eat unhealthy foods most of the time because it is cheaper(if I eat at all), I can not do any "fun" stuff because I spend most of my time trying to figure out where my next meal is coming from. I feel very successful as a human being because what I have is mine and I have earned it. So yes if someone is on welfare as their job then why shouldn't they contribute in some way to society. If you sign up for welfare you should have to sign a document giving up your right to vote until which time you become a productive member of society again. And don't want to hear not fair to ask Americans to do that. We have to register for the draft if we want then right to drive.

I'm proud of you sir and you should be too. Pride and integrity to do what's right instead of what's easy says a lot about your character.

<<   2 >>

join