It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would they ever get rid of Cash???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Would they ever get rid of Cash??? and if so how soon do you think? I can't see it happening because it's sort of like the countries flag. It's too nationalistic of a symbol. It would be like saying we don't need a flag or something. I was thinking they might do something like they incentivise merchants to not accept it anymore. That could happen. I just think it would leave way too many people sort of helpless, causing too many problems in society.

What's more likely though is in some future society, like after most people are whipped out, then maybe they wouldn't allow it anymore.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

My guess is we’re not going to have any paper currency in 40 to 60 years. It will all be electronic

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigpatato
I was thinking they might do something like they incentivise merchants to not accept it anymore.

I do not think they would incentivize people to not use cash, which is basically paying them money to not take money, they would disincentivize people from taking cash; i.e. fines.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

yes this is the end goal for full control, before they do it they have to make all countires on the same monetary system. Easieest way for this is desroy countires under false pretences and come in as their heroes and build schoo lhospitals and banking system. Once they are in the same banking system the RFID cards will be issed.

RFID cards will be fully monitored, it give TPTB full control. you cant hide money, you cant dodge tax, every transaction is monitired and has a audit trial. be hard to pay drug dealers money without it being on the radar. Plus it will be GPS tracked so they know where you are all the time. IF you a criminal or going against the goverment they can turn off your chip so you can access money.

for the pople yeah totally terrible. But they dont care about that, just control control control.

somone said 40-60 years it may happen. I have already listed to BBC radio 4 and they was dicussing getting rid of money 4 weeks ago. ITs something they are seriously considering. Weh nthe WW3 is complete i feel it will about then.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

My guess is we’re not going to have any paper currency in 40 to 60 years. It will all be electronic

A well planned EMP event and we will be back to trading pices of flint.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yeah they are pushing for it but i think its going to be a loooooooooong time before it happens. In the meantime we get to read about the "evils" of currency.
www.wsj.com...
Nevermind Bitcoin which is completley digital and you can buy anything from a NES game to a preteen sex slave with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Cash will probably always be around in one form or another. I think it will always be around as a redundancy as electronics have a tendancy to fail, the more advanced the tech the more advanced the issues and maintenance, also as a global mode people from all over the world may have problems utilizing other peoples currency systems unless the world had a global currency which would then require a global oversight thingie. Besides that a global financial system made for everyone would be a very large technical feat to accomplish that works seamlessly and works for everyone, I understand that tech can and will improve in time and all but that is still a large task, it would take damn near 20 years to just ease a generation into it and for those older folk (that will be old in the future from now that is) would be thrown under the bus.

Cash will probably be here to stay in one form or another for a very very long time in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
No cash means that criminals have to find another way to sell / purchase their goods. Electronic funds are too traceable.
For this reason I see a 'no cash' society very soon (20-30 years).

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: modurbanhunter

you don't know about bitcoin do you.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Would they ever get rid of Cash??? and if so how soon do you think?

As soon as possible.

Think of the enormous cost of printing and distributing cash to all the banks. The guards and special armored transport, the secure storage of it in expensive bank vaults, the alarms and security apparatus to protect it. The Robberies, police response, the injury and death associated wth breaking and entering to steal and rob, the armed felons that hold up establishments to get the cash, the Federal agencies that protect against counterfeiting, the collection, counting and re-transportng it around... all the minds and bodies in the grave, hospital, morgue and madhouse over greed and addiction to money....

Now, zip all gone. Electronic money is transferred by wire, held in memory, all the cost of producing, guarding, transport, storage and crime revolving about physical currency evaporates... for the banks.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The state of California, 8th largest economy in the world were it a nation on its own, already refuses to accept cash in payment of personal and business income taxes.

In fact, the State requires you to file a request for waiver if you are unable to pay in anything but cash.

So.....Yeah.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
The state of California, 8th largest economy in the world were it a nation on its own, already refuses to accept cash in payment of personal and business income taxes.

In fact, the State requires you to file a request for waiver if you are unable to pay in anything but cash.

So.....Yeah.

Apparently criminal drug and weapon enterprises as well as illegals do just fine in your utopian state using cash and system manipulation. Also with your point are you trying to say California is getting rid of cash? I bet that California has more ATM machines then Las Vegas, its just I can't prove that and I am not sure one can look that up.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
TPTB could have their cashless one world currency up and running in days.

Crash the entire system in seconds via stock exchanges, debt, bond market.

Then broadcast to the world a new one world currency. People who accept RFID (Mark of the Beast) will be given 1 million new currency credits (1 million old US Dollars) to jump start the new world economy.

Now that the world is 99% poor, who will turn down easy money like that. Answer: only hard core Christians that probably do not even total 1% of the World population.

Add alien intervention with alien technology as well and almost everyone will sell their souls in seconds. Why else have TPTB made everyone so poor !!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Well, thank God the new 1% (hardcore Christians) will be there to do the morally right thing and not accept the Mark of the Beast.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will not worry about an over the top scenario that will never manifest.

edit on 14-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Meanwhile, the rest of us will not worry about an over the top scenario that will never manifest.

Jee, you live in fantasy land... I am waiting for the next hottest designer drug to hit the streets for inspiration..., "take my soul and my money" of course I wont sell mine but Id love to draw it for theirs

edit on 14-10-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

A completely cashless society has been predicted for centuries (think Thomas More "Utopia" and Edward Bellamy's "looking Backwards")--don't see it happening.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I do not think they would incentivize people to not use cash, which is basically paying them money to not take money, they would disincentivize people from taking cash; i.e. fines.

Currently it works the other way, although I guess that could change too. That is why some gas stations have a 'cash price' versus the regular price. With cash they don't get charged the extra credit card fees.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Jee, you live in fantasy land...

I know, Logic Land is a bit of a foreign country for some people.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Exactly, and if you wanted to deincentivize it you would go in the opposite direction.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Like negative interest rates?

If they outlaw cash, only outlaws will have cash. Oh, they all ready do. They found Saddam had a couple billion dollars on him. He had his own printing press and created his own money. He even had the ink and the correct paper. They thought he was going to destabilize the dollar but had to skeedadle to his spidey hole. Hey! Maybe that is the real reason we took him down? IDK.

I don't think cash is going away any time soon. I think bitcoin could go away if quantum computing comes along but even then everybody will just switch to quantum encryption. What am I rambling about? Now I am just confused! Darn superimposed states.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join