It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hunter shoot and killed a bear in self-defence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
A man in his 40s went out hunting in Sweden near a city called Dorotea. A hunter in the Moose hunting season. The hunter and his dog was out trying to track a moose but instead encountered a bear.

The bear attacked the dog, and then the hunter.. The dog was injured, and then the bear went for the hunter..
The Hunter shoot in self-defence and killed the bear..

The hunter is now prosecuted for violating the law..

I believe when a Hunter and his dog is out hunting, they should be very careful..Cause you never know, maybe one day.. The bear is hunting instead..

Original Article - Sweden

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

If the bear had killed the hunter would people then go after and kill the bear?

What if the bear was a hunter?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Every time I go hunting I think about this. One time hunting, I had a just sat down to close my eyes for a bit until the sun came up. The sun just rose and at that time I was startled as I heard some thing running straight to me, a bear..... I jumped and lost my balance, fell on my back and hit my head on a rock, I scrambled for my gun and pulled it to my eye. In the scope I saw it running away.

Typically they are scared of you, this bear didn't see me but would have ran eight up to me. Bears around here get to be about 500lbs.

My thought is always, when do I make the decision to shoot a bear? In the US I think you will get a fine and the game commish takes the carcass.
edit on 14-10-2016 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2016 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Ive heard several times when Bears attack dogs, dogs are usually very protective of their owners..
Ive seen wolves attack humans in pack, the bear always warns before it will get engage..

If the bear would have hunted the human? Most unlikely.. I love dogs, but when breed and taught for hunting.. its just a selfish need, humans hunts for joy not for food, its a perverted thing.. Dogs do what they are trained to do..

Humans would most likely go after the bear if it attacked and killed the human, they do that.. Even though humans dont realize their own mistakes by being there in the first place.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

In the land of the free, most likely a fine..

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
When you enter the food chain stuff happens. I would rather pay a fine than be bear poop.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I interpreted the article differently.

My Swedish is very very rusty so, I've texted my niece for clarification.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This time of year, bears are trying very, very hard to put on weight for the winter. This is one time of year when bear attacks can occur if an animal is getting desperate to put on weight, and then the bears will eat you. They happen here in the US for this reason. Moms protecting cubs and bears who don't weigh enough and need to eat are the most dangerous to people.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Ehrm... Humans hunt for joy not for food eh?
Humans aren't allowed to be in the wild where we came from?

You make no sense.
I'm guessing you're against hunting because you've never had to hunt to survive?
Humans are animals to you know, instead of claws and huge teeth we have brains.

new topics

top topics

join