It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem Holy Site Declared Muslim, Not Jewish, In United Nations Resolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The United Nations is turning the page and has made a major ruling, one which will have major implications and a major impact on Palestinian/ Israeli relations. The Temple Mount, a holy site to three religions: Judaism, Islam, and Christianity, has been recognized as a Muslim site by the United Nations. The resolution passed down by the UN says that the Temple Mount is a site that's only holy to Muslims. The resolution is supported by: Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar and Sudan.

One of the world's most important religious sites and Judaism’s holiest site, Jerusalem’s Temple Mount and Western Wall, were reclassified as an exclusively Muslim shrine Thursday after a United Nations organization adopted a polarizing resolution that denies Jewish connection to the site. The resolution, which condemns Israel for its activities in Jerusalem and the West Bank, asserts that Jerusalem is holy to three monotheistic religions: Judaism, Islam and Christianity. However, it includes a special section pertaining to the Temple Mount that says the site is sacred only to Muslims and fails to mention it as sacred to Jews. The resolution from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization does not refer to the Al-Aqsa mosque by either the Hebrew term for the site—Har Habayit—or its English translation, the Temple Mount, but only by its Muslim name.

Wow.....didn't see this coming. This part of the world has been in turmoil for so long that this move; no matter how well intention-ed, probably won't serve to change the dynamic for the region. Maybe someone else has a different point of view. What say you, ATS?

www.ibtimes.com...
edit on 13-10-2016 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Gog and Magog . The Tribulation Begins........

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Gog and Magog? I thought that was Russia and the US.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Bunch of Jews warring with themselves. Not really on my scope of things..

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Maybe they're using the sequel theory.

Judaism was the first installment, then came the sequel Christianity, then the sequel of the sequel, Islam.

I have no qualms with this ruling personally. In general I think the land occupied by what calls itself Israel should be returned to it's rightful Palestinian owners.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Earnest Martin showed many years ago that the "Temple Mound " was not the site of the temple .

This next clip is another way of determine where it was and only confirms Martins earlier research

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Gog and Magog? I thought that was Russia and the US.

No. Russia possibly, but it involves and invasion of outside forces into Israel.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The UN is a joke. Who built the (first and second) temple in the first place as the primary place of worship for Judaism? The Jews. Who put a shrine ON TOP OF IT several hundred years later after conquering Jerusalem, a Jewish city? The Muslims. Conclusion? It's a Muslim holy place.

How utterly absurd.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In which case that has happened countless times in history.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Guess this means Christians and Jews will no longer have any access. This could be problematic.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Wow, I mean Im not Isreals greatest defender, but the Jewish history is deep and its association with the mount goes back at least 3000 years prior the 1st glimmering of Islam.

This is absurd. Somebody needs to put an end to the UN
edit on 13-10-2016 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Ernest Martin's work is based largely on personal interpretation of scripture and not on hard evidence. That makes it no more solid in any way that any other interpretive work, but the hard evidence of the actual site does little to offer any support.

prophecywatchers.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The Jewish Temple was never on the temple mount . The UN has it correct ,its a holy Muslim site and not a Jewish site . It was a Roman fort at the time of Christ .

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Are WE Gog or Magog?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My thought: Who cares what the UN says. We don't have that One World Government yet lead by a bunch of self-proclaimed bosses.

link   

Martin use witness including Josephus as well as scripture and didn't interoperate it but took it literally .

link   
Orchestrated. Time consuming. #show.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Wow, I mean Im not Isreals greatest defender, but the Jewish history is deep and its association with the mount goes back at least 3000 years prior the 1st glimmering of Islam.

This is absurd. Somebody needs to put an end to the UN

I'm afraid we will be seeing more and more poor decisions made by the UN in days to come.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Fair enough...obviously intended to inflame

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

In which case that has happened countless times in history.

Not the way Gog and Magog are described.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join